2021-2022 Ladyjack Basketball

54,300 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pilotgirl
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

I think it's been deleted

What did it say?
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I think it's been deleted
It has. I'm going to choose to not share what it said. Since it was deleted, it was either premature or simply wrong.
TallTexan
Was it good or bad potential news?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Was it good or bad potential news?
Good from my point of view.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
SFA could legitimately reach Top 3 within a decade. Top 10 is incredible.
TallTexan
nacluth
What?!? Aaliyah didn't hit enough threes?
SFAJack_76
That is it. Don't know why the first time it was deleted.
TallTexan
Look at Visch go! So freaking proud.

nacluth
Her stats weren't spectacular for the game, but she was a starter. I know she hustled! Hope this time pays off for her.
nacluth
Anyone know if Sweden qualified for Tokyo?

Edit: No. They had qualified for one of the top 16 teams, but the Olympics were pared down to 12, and the lost all three round robin games in the qualifier.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Anyone know if Sweden qualified for Tokyo?

Edit: No. They had qualified for one of the top 16 teams, but the Olympics were pared down to 12, and the lost all three round robin games in the qualifier.

That's a real bummer.
Pilotgirl
Y'all. We have a player on OUR team who plays for their country's NATIONAL team. Let that sink in. I could give you know what about her stats...her country believes in her enough to add her to their roster & play her. Stephanie is a bad-a**, no matter what the stats for a particular game say. This will only make her stronger & better. Way to go, Steph!
nacluth
It's awesome. Lovisa Brunnberg played on the U-19 Swedish national team and won the MVP the year before she joined the Ladyjacks. But Stephanie deserves tons of credit for getting to play against the best of the best.
SFAJack_76
As we know from watching Visscher for three years, she doesn't always fill up the stat sheet. If the shots aren't falling, she usually contributes in multiple different ways. This national team experience will make her better.

I want her to be less reluctant to take the open shot. She has also not played up to her capability in some meaningful games. Examples are last season in Huntsville, and the UCA game this year in Katy. Great player. Outstanding academics. Kellogg has described her as being a pro in the way she approaches the game, and takes care of her body. Hope our young guns like Zya and AB are paying attention. Arguably one of the top ten Ladyjacks ever.
Pilotgirl
AB !!!!!
TallTexan
In case anyone needs an SFA basketball fix.

TallTexan
2 points in 16 minutes off the bench today though the entire Swedish team seemed to be outmatched by France. Sweden's coach seems to want her to be a catch and shoot corner 3 shooter, which is certainly a choice when they rarely pass more than once before taking a shot. Rarely makes it to the corner and certainly not for a clean look.

But I can't tell you how much this is going to pay off for SFA. This game is a whole level faster than the college game, she'll be seeing Sam move in slow motion after this.

Plus she's seeing better competition up close for her to catch up to. She'll raise the bar even more.
SFAJack_76
Another benefit to Visscher playing on the Sweden national team, is that she is experiencing the international three point line, which will be the NCAA three point line this fall.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Another benefit to Visscher playing on the Sweden national team, is that she is experiencing the international three point line, which will be the NCAA three point line this fall.

Good point.

From an SFA perspective, how much of a pain is it to remove the old line from the court? I know we've already got to do the WAC logos but my experience with my own residential floors suggests it probably ain't easy.
Pilotgirl
Yes!!
SFAXE93
Kellogg is 104-21 in conference games during his 7 seasons.

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Awesome! That music was inspiring too.
SFAJack_76
Sweden 74
Slovakia 57

Stephanie played the last 1:07 recording one TO.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Sweden 74
Slovakia 57

Stephanie played the last 1:07 recording one TO.

I'm gonna have to call our Swedish embassy about this.

I woke up way too early for Vissch to play that little in a blowout.
TallTexan
Sweden vs Spain starts now on ESPN.
SFAJack_76
Spain 76
Sweden 55

Looks like Spain took out their first game upset loss out on Sweden. Visscher played 3:15, recording one assist and one foul. She has yet to take a shot or get a rebound in over four minutes of play in two games.

Next up is a big game on Sunday against Belarus. All four teams in the group are now 1-1.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Spain 76
Sweden 55

Looks like Spain took out their first game upset loss out on Sweden. Visscher played 3:15, recording one assist and one foul. She has yet to take a shot or get a rebound in over four minutes of play in two games.

Next up is a big game on Sunday against Belarus. All four teams in the group are now 1-1.
That was a tail kicking, worse than the final score suggests. Glad Steph got to play, but dang, that Spanish team is good.
SFAJack_76
Belarus 78
Sweden 54

Visscher did not play.

Sweden finishes the group stage 1-2, and qualified to face 2-1 Italy in the quarterfinals.

Hope this has been an enjoyable experience for Stephanie. Perhaps it has been an eye opener as to how much more she needs to improve to compete at that level.
TallTexan
Team Sweden leading at halftime.

Our mortal enemy from GT apparently plays for the Italian team, if you need another reason to tune in.
TallTexan
Sweden's 17 year old center is holding her own out there in case any of our fantastic coaches read this board.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Sweden's 17 year old center is holding her own out there in case any of our fantastic coaches read this board.

Yes! Steph needs to recruit her for SFA! She's for real. And I'm guessing that the coaches are watching.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.