2019-2020 Southland Basketball

64,129 Views | 322 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1-10 will need to be Sfa or we gonna have an issue
sfa17
SFAJack_76
SLC NET rankings with SFA at 59:

146 (Sam), 192 (Nicholls), 240, 248, 262, 302, 314, 329, 339, 343, 344, 352 (UIW)

Out of 353 teams.
Pilotgirl
sfa17 said:

Finally made the list at #9 for Jeremy Moses and #6 for the Bowling Team. Something tells me we get 1 more, maybe 2. No mention yet for MBB or Volleyball.
PurpleOut
Staff
They lost me after this one. Are they talking about a steal record or an assist record?

TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

sfa17 said:

Finally made the list at #9 for Jeremy Moses and #6 for the Bowling Team. Something tells me we get 1 more, maybe 2. No mention yet for MBB or Volleyball.
You have to have SFA volleyball. And the VCU/WVU/Duke moments all deserve to be included.

But aint no way the crew at the SLC recongizes us for 4 out of 5.
Pilotgirl
Exactly.
Pilotgirl
They might lump all of the MBB wins into one, which would be a shame. But hey, this is the Southland .
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

They might lump all of the MBB wins into one, which would be a shame. But hey, this is the Southland .

The sooner we find a new home and exit this piece of ____ the better.
TallTexan
Would literally go for any conference who aspires to get better every year. Not this dump.
PurpleOut
Staff
That's basically what they did. Label the Duke win as #1 but list the VCU and WVU games with it. Sorry but both of those two wins are bigger moments than everything else on the list. I get it though, they think they have to add something for everyone, like Golf.

PurpleOut
Staff
Also just goes to show you how much the Southland still puts football as the priority. 7 out of the 20 were regarding FCS football. Meh.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

That's basically what they did. Label the Duke win as #1 but list the VCU and WVU games with it. Sorry but both of those two wins are bigger moments than everything else on the list. I get it though, they think they have to add something for everyone, like Golf.

Couldn't agree more. What a travesty! Again this muck of a conference has become pointless. #findnewconference. #ejectweaksisters.
Pilotgirl
BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

The sooner we find a new home and exit this piece of ____ the better.

I've been on the fence for awhile about this but honestly, this list tipped me over. The Southland NEEDS SFA but they do not like to advertise our achievements and feels it needs to call attention to crap schools/sports so that the league feels more 'balanced and strong. ' BS. Not mentioning volleyball, and lumping our BB wins is a punch to the gut...and everyone knows it.
Pilotgirl
Plus, SAM getting 4 mentions vs our 3 just made me even more upset Lol. You could count Demi as a 4th but she was mentioned with other track and field from other schools.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

sfa17 said:

Yup...I called it. #1 for MBB and a mention of Demi in with other T&F athletes. Such bullsh*t. I need a beer but all I have is hard cider. Kinda like when you want to be in a decent conference but settle for the Southland.
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

Plus, SAM getting 4 mentions vs our 3 just made me even more upset Lol. You could count Demi as a 4th but she was mentioned with other track and field from other schools.

Total joke that Sam got 4 and we got 3. I could argue that the most attention the conference has received was in this order

1. SFA over Duke
2. SFA over West Virginia
3. SFA over VCU (hard to believe that's 3)
4. Sam's FCS appearances.
5. Sam and SFA Bowling Natties.

That's not stretching to much either.
Pilotgirl
We don't agree on much BigJack, but on this, we are on the same freakin page.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Also just goes to show you how much the Southland still puts football as the priority. 7 out of the 20 were regarding FCS football. Meh.
Feels like this conference is stuck in 2003. Admin is definitely asleep at the wheel.
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

We don't agree on much BigJack, but on this, we are on the same freakin page.

We probably agree on more than you think. I tend to vary from the crowd in details. Oh and BTW , I was probably at 70% of all Ladyjack BB games from 1980-1985! I do suppport the Ladies!
Pilotgirl
Yes! I've been told stories about those games! I was but a small child...hopefully one day we will get back to being a dominating team.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Total joke that Sam got 4 and we got 3. I could argue that the most attention the conference has received was in this order

1. SFA over Duke
2. SFA over West Virginia
3. SFA over VCU (hard to believe that's 3)
4. Sam's FCS appearances.
5. Sam and SFA Bowling Natties.

That's not stretching to much either.
I would probably add Sam making the baseball Super Regional to the list. With the ridiculously low number of scholarships for baseball, that is a sport that mid-majors should be able to be successful in on a national level. However, it doesn't happen often.

I do agree with all of the various comments about the conference and this list. All of you know I am a big supporter of our volleyball team. Two straight undefeated conference seasons, and RV for the top 25 in the country. No mention? Absurd!

From an admittedly biased point of view, it feels like the SLC is driving for parity by subtly pulling the top down rather than getting the bottom up. What we can do is support the heck out of Ivey and team to make this the best mid major athletic department in the country. With or without the SLC.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

From an admittedly biased point of view, it feels like the SLC is driving for parity by subtly pulling the top down rather than getting the bottom up. What we can do is support the heck out of Ivey and team to make this the best mid major athletic department in the country. With or without the SLC.
Yep, pretty much our best option. After all, we'd be doing a lateral move at this point. If Ivey's plan to improve SFA in all sports comes to fruition, we're talking about a much larger jump being possible.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Prison Tech is favored by 3 over McNeese in Lake Chuck today. Look for an upset in this one. Prison Tech has had two rather close games at home vs. weak NSU and weak UNO.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Prison Tech is favored by 3 over McNeese in Lake Chuck today. Look for an upset in this one. Prison Tech has had two rather close games at home vs. weak NSU and weak UNO.
Can this game be watched?
nacluth
McNeese home games are usually available for purchase through their team's website - like the Jacks game was.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

McNeese home games are usually available for purchase through their team's website - like the Jacks game was.

And I hear it was a waste of $$
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Well, so much for my bold prediction. Not even close now.
BigJack85
Prison Tech is looking solid. Basically a 2 man show but still impressive. The only squad that scares me is. Nicholls.... I know , why?
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Prison Tech is looking solid. Basically a 2 man show but still impressive. The only squad that scares me is. Nicholls.... I know , why?

OK, I'll bite. Why?
SFA Jack Fanatic
And then there were two. Only SFA and Prison Tech are undefeated in league play after only three games.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

OK, I'll bite. Why?

The D'Angelo kid (if I have the name correct) is a matchup nightmare. I think he gave Illinois some trouble.
nacluth
HBU did it! Last winless team in America gets a big OT win against UCA.
nacluth
Abilene is still at 2-0 after not playing tonight.
cboothe09
Starters are really good together and there is a piece or two off the bench, but they aren't deep. They wear down late.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.