2018-2019 Southland Basketball

81,246 Views | 330 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pilotgirl
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UCA beats SELA on last second jumper.
Northwestern State tops McNeese.
In second, Corpus is beating Lamar in Beaumont.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

SLU struggling at home vs UCA.

SELA lost another.
nacluth
What a butt whooping. Sam went on a 22-0 run over eight minutes over ACU in the first. Yikes!
PurpleOut
Staff
41-19
Pilotgirl
I posted the YouTube link. Whats going on with ACU. Do they depend that much on Friday?
Pilotgirl
Hooten really messes with those refs! Not smart dude.
Pilotgirl
Friday was suspended. No details yet. Wow. Don't know if it is just one game or what. Spicy!
nacluth
ACU back to within 8 with 8 left.
Pilotgirl
Now SAM just by 2. ACU has played...umm cold...all game. SAM should not have allowed this to happen.
Pilotgirl
SAM wins by 3.
nacluth
Sam wins. ACU got it to two many times, but couldn't get a stop at the end. ACU shot 75% from three to get back in the game.

After SFA has played one game, there are TWO unbeaten teams in the SLC, and there's no guarantee that Nicholls wins tonight against Incarnate Word.
SFAJack_76
It's really early, but does parity of mediocrity imply a 14-4 record wins the SLC outright?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SAM wins by 3.
So, did Prison Tech just expose ACU as being just a paper tiger?

Looks like our meeting with Nicholls next Wednesday will be for the early lead in the SLC.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

It's really early, but does parity of mediocrity imply a 14-4 record wins the SLC outright?
The SLC appears to be competing with the SWAC for the title of weakest D-1 conference.
nacluth
I don't think Sam exposed anything except that they almost blew a 23 point lead, but it wasn't a good look for ACU to allow that huge run. SFA will lose a head scratcher or two, so it doesn't mean that ACU isn't good. I personally think that the travel has always hurt ACU late in the year, so early losses are not something they can afford.
nacluth
Well UIW hit 100% of their free throws to knock off Nicholls. So at 1-0, SFA is the only unbeaten SLC team. All 12 other teams have a loss after their second game. Put that in your SLC Power Rankings pipe and smoke it Matt.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Well UIW hit 100% of their free throws to knock off Nicholls. So at 1-0, SFA is the only unbeaten SLC team. All 12 other teams have a loss after their second game. Put that in your SLC Power Rankings pipe and smoke it Matt.
Man oh man... Maybe he'll have to call it something other than SLC "Power" Rankings.
nacluth
I take it back, Sam played their first game today and won to be 1-0 also. But still, no one thinks Sam is good.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

So at 1-0, SFA is the only unbeaten SLC team. All 12 other teams have a loss after their second game.

I believe Prison Tech is 1-0 also.
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

SFAJack_76 said:

The SLC appears to be competing with the SWAC for the title of weakest D-1 conference.
29 of 32. Also ahead of the mighty MAAC and MEAC.

Sad. Very sad.
Pilotgirl
edstile said:

Pilotgirl said:

SAM wins by 3.
So, did Prison Tech just expose ACU as being just a paper tiger?

Looks like our meeting with Nicholls next Wednesday will be for the early lead in the SLC.

I honestly was not impressed with ACU today. I know they were on the road. And Friday was suspended. So a lot to say about them being down 1 player & how they react to that. They did come back after the half and shot tons of 3s. But Sam allowed that to happen as they slacked with their D.

Sam's Delaney moght get POW for Southland. He carried that game. 30 points but was making moves on D as well.

With all that I have heard/read about ACU, I was expecting awesomeness. They were messy. And then Sam was sloppy. Then ACU made some points. ACU defense was never there.

Summary: This all bodes well for SFA. If we can keep getting better with each game & take it one game at a time, we got this. Curious and anxious to hear about Friday.
Pilotgirl
ACU message board said suspension was "coach decision " hmmmm.
sfa17
ACU had a horrible schedule. They played like 2 teams with a winning record from the previous season. if you pad your schedule you will get exposed. They are better than past years but nothing special

Schedule: Arlington Baptist, Pepperdine, Pacific, UC- Riverside, Campbell, Howard Payne etc.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Looks good Matt.
BigJack85
Great analysis.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Agree that it is about impossible right now to sort 4-13. I do think the top 3-4 and the bottom 3-4 will sort out within a week or two.

Unfortunately, the SLC is near the bottom of the 32 D1 conferences.
nacluth
Lamar and UNO going to OT.
PurpleOut
Staff
Hearing the suspension of Jalone Friday for ACU is pretty minor. Nothing confirmed but I'd expect him back soon.
nacluth
Sam, New Orleans, Nicholls, and ACU seem to be leading the conference 1/6 of the way into the season.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Sam, New Orleans, Nicholls, and ACU seem to be leading the conference 1/6 of the way into the season.

And all of them very beatable. Conference wide open, IMO.
KirkHeath12
Looks like Sam is gonna move to 4-0 in conference play
Class of 2012
Axe Em
nacluth
Southeastern Louisiana gets off the the floor with their first win over McNeese with the identical score to the Jacks, 74-71.
Pilotgirl
HBU up 2 pts at the half over SAM.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.