2018-2019 Southland Basketball

81,230 Views | 330 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pilotgirl
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cboothe09 said:

I miss calling games. Did it in college for extra money. Something I want to get back into especially here in the Houston area where the games are a little better than the Cayuga/LaPoyner or Rusk/Name a school matchups I typically drew...

As for watching them, they were dangerously aggressive. Diving into opponents to go for the ball, and very physical in the paint.

I'd be a terrible ref, I'd get caught up watching the game.
Wildcat1997
ACU has had a great start to the year. I know we haven't played great teams but still 2 very convincing wins, including 1 over a D1 team, to start the year, while some other teams are struggling to beat their non-D1 competition. That's not aimed at SFA, it's just a general observation.
Pilotgirl
Wildcat1997 said:

ACU has had a great start to the year. I know we haven't played great teams but still 2 very convincing wins, including 1 over a D1 team, to start the year, while some other teams are struggling to beat their non-D1 competition. That's not aimed at SFA, it's just a general observation.

Does ACU have a message board for sports?
Wildcat1997
Pilotgirl said:

Wildcat1997 said:

Does ACU have a message board for sports?
Yeah we have Catchat: http://catchat.freeforums.net/
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

slulionsfan said:

Lions played bad and took it on the chin vs an extremely talented LSU team, but a star was born. We were planning to redshirt true freshman Parker Edwards, but with about 10 minutes to go in the second half, Jay Ladner decided to put him in ... rest is history (25 points in a seven minute span):

Holy Frijole. I vote that he's not allowed to play against SFA.

All in favor, say aye!

Noticed the Edwards dude went 0-5 from the field in 14 minutes today, including 0-4 from three. When you're hot, you're hot. When you're not, you're not.
sfa17
Wildcat1997 said:

And the trophy for best team in 2 games goes to .. drumroll ACU. The season is over guys. Pack your bags because ACU beat Arlington baptist and Arkansas State. That's not aimed at ACU, it's just a general observation.
Wildcat1997
sfa17 said:

Wildcat1997 said:

And the trophy for best team in 2 games goes to .. drumroll ACU. The season is over guys. Pack your bags because ACU beat Arlington baptist and Arkansas State. That's not aimed at ACU, it's just a general observation.
That's not what I was saying at all. I never said ACU had the best start to the season or that other teams should pack it up. I was just stating we've had a good start to the season. Please don't twist my words.
sfa17
Wildcat1997 said:

while some other teams are struggling to beat their non-D1 competition. That's not aimed at SFA, it's just a general observation.
That is clearly aimed at SFA. .. but whatever man no big deal.
Wildcat1997
sfa17 said:

Wildcat1997 said:

while some other teams are struggling to beat their non-D1 competition. That's not aimed at SFA, it's just a general observation.
That is clearly aimed at SFA. .. but whatever man no big deal.
No it clearly wasn't. It was an observation that SFA happened to be included in. I have no interest in trash talking. If it came across that way I apologize, that wasn't my intention.
PurpleForever
Sam Houston giving #19 Clemson a run for their money. 32-30 at half.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Baylor over Nicholls tonight, 81-54.
nacluth
Corpus beat UTA in Arlington in come from behind fashion to notch a decent win.
Pilotgirl
HBU just beat Wake Forest 93-91 in OT.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Wow
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

And, got paid to do it.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic
Wake Forest must be absolutely terrible.
Pilotgirl
I watched the highlights....they looked good ya'll...
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

And, got paid to do it.

We love a good paycheck AND upset!
PurpleOut
Staff
edstile said:

Wake Forest must be absolutely terrible.

They're easily the worst team in the ACC, IMO. Not to take away from HBU's win however, that's a huge upset for them.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

I watched the highlights....they looked good ya'll...

I meant HBU with their perimeter shots and keeping pace with Wake Forest. Just watched the highlights tho.
SFAJack_76
These are cool. Of course, to be real throw backs, the shorts would have to be at least 6" shorter.

PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah I think those are absolutely amazing. Well done by ACU.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic
An interesting score from the SLC last night. Miami 80, HBU 73 in Coral Gables. The Huskies may not be pushovers. Miami had lost four straight.
BigJack85
edstile said:

An interesting score from the SLC last night. Miami 80, HBU 73 in Coral Gables. The Huskies may not be pushovers. Miami had lost four straight.

There has only been a couple of times we really "rolled" HBU that I've seen. Both were in the "Walkup" era. Otherwise they seem to overperform in conference play on a regular basis. I would not be surprised if they finished middle of the SLC.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
UCA 25 OSU 21 right now on Fox Sports Network
Pilotgirl
Anybody know a way around watching some of these games without paying ?? Trying to watch the ACU vs UNO game...
cboothe09
SFA 65 - SELU 60
Nicholls 78 - NWSU 72
A&M-CC 87 - UCA 75
ACU 68 - UNO 58
McNeese 88 - UIW 77
HBU 88 - Lamar 82 (OT)

Surprised Nicholls/Northwestern was so close. Corpus has been better than i expected this year. Arguably the best win of the year for ACU. I still have reservations, but i think they are players in the Southland this year. Interested to see if HBU can hold pace, or will they falter again?
nacluth
HBU and New Orleans going to OT at 60-60.

New Orleans topped them 81-76. That is a wide open 5 minutes!
PurpleOut
Staff
SLU struggling at home vs UCA.
Pilotgirl
ACU vs SAM

Notvreally impressed with ACU rn. What is all the fuss about? Imma keep watching bc my Texans just aren't playing
Pilotgirl
J.Delaney is on fire! I'm pulling for Sam here. Lol
Pilotgirl
Ahhh ACU is missing their center, Friday. And SAM is up by 20.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.