2019 Ladyjack Softball

71,003 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
Softball junkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can someone please tell the announcer that fastballs are not thrown in softball.
SFAJack_76
Final

SFA 0/6/1
UTA 7/10/0

Ladyjacks play MTSU in an elimination game at noon.
TallTexan
Softball junkie said:

Can someone please tell the announcer that fastballs are not thrown in softball.
Wait, seriously?

I just assumed they had fastballs just like baseball.
SFAJack_76
Win or go home. Kriesel in the circle for the visiting Jacks.

Other than parents of two of our players, and the Harleton High softball team, nobody here.
SFAJack_76
Several lineup changes today.
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks take a 4-0 lead in the top ofthe fourth. Included was Corona's single season record thirteenth home run.
SFAJack_76
Final

SFA 4/6/0
MT 0/3/2

Elimination game at 6:00 vs UTA/McNeese loser.

SFAJack_76
Game four final

McNeese 3/8/1
UTA 5/7/4

McNeese vs SFA in an elimination game at 6:00. Winner also takes the season series that is now tied at 2-2.
SFAJack_76
I hope the SFA "fan" turnout is improved for the next game. Support so far has been pitiful. McNeese had multiple times more for the last game than SFA has had in either game.

Fan support this season has been less than last season. This team has the most wins for the program since , I think, 1991. Not being on campus is zero excuse.

Ivey really has his work cut out for him. Our fan base beyond men's basketball and football, including on this message board, is boarding on non existent. If we want to be the leading mid major program, these "lesser sports" must be supported.

End of rant.
SFAJack_76
Not sure what to think about this line up.
nacluth
My guess is that it's subject to change quickly depending on how the game starts.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

I hope the SFA "fan" turnout is improved for the next game. Support so far has been pitiful. McNeese had multiple times more for the last game than SFA has had in either game.

Fan support this season has been less than last season. This team has the most wins for the program since , I think, 1991. Not being on campus is zero excuse.

Ivey really has his work cut out for him. Our fan base beyond men's basketball and football, including on this message board, is boarding on non existent. If we want to be the leading mid major program, these "lesser sports" must be supported.

End of rant.

I agree with you that support for some of our sports are weak but overall we are WAY ahead of our peers in the SLC. I've seen it first hand some examples : women's volleyball, women's soccer and women's basketball all enjoy top attendance in the SLC. Sure there are spots that need help but compared to Sam Houston, Lamar, NW St, A&M CC, HBU (my other alma mater) all have struggles attracting crowds. Sam and HBU always get there best attendance when SFA comes to town.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
I hate being outside in heat but i will support more when they play Houston/Lamar. Also, I think this weekend/week is bad all around because of graduation. Hopefully, they will receive more recognition. Would love for incentives to be given ti the students: free food, extra credit fir Freshmen level classee, etc. be implemented to increase turnout at less attended sports.
SFAJack_76
Now I know why she wasn't at the game. Higher priority. Proud of this young lady.
SFAJack_76
Llinas actually did a very nice job in the circle. Ladyjack defense, and hitting of course, let her down. Although the box score shows two of the McNeese runs being earned, they scored when a long fly ball was terribly misplayed by the left fielder, on what should have been the third out. McNeese is identical to SFA with good pitching, and mediocre hitting. Talking to McNeese fans between games, they too have struggled getting the clutch hit all year.

Speaking of fans, at first pitch, there were exactly six of us in the stands in purple. The same six that were there for the noon game. About the second inning, I counted twenty SFA fans, and 24 McNeese fans. More SFA fans showed up later, but they must have been there to sun bathe or something, because they were completely silent.

Frustrating last game of the season, but another really good step forward this year. For next season, the pitching should be fine, while looking for improvement in hitting and defense.
SFAJack_76
McNeese beats UTA 6-1 forcing a deciding game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Llinas actually did a very nice job in the circle. Ladyjack defense, and hitting of course, let her down. Although the box score shows two of the McNeese runs being earned, they scored when a long fly ball was terribly misplayed by the left fielder, on what should have been the third out. McNeese is identical to SFA with good pitching, and mediocre hitting. Talking to McNeese fans between games, they too have struggled getting the clutch hit all year.

Speaking of fans, at first pitch, there were exactly six of us in the stands in purple. The same six that were there for the noon game. About the second inning, I counted twenty SFA fans, and 24 McNeese fans. More SFA fans showed up later, but they must have been there to sun bathe or something, because they were completely silent.

Frustrating last game of the season, but another really good step forward this year. For next season, the pitching should be fine, while looking for improvement in hitting and defense.

I love 200+ miles away, or else I would have done my best to make every game this year. I still managed to make three of them. These ladies deserve better.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

McNeese beats UTA 6-1 forcing a deciding game.
UTA won the deciding game in extra innings to earn the final four trip to Fort Collins, Colorado.
SFAJack_76
As you know, we got a good one. Hope Ivey can keep her around a while.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Softball junkie said:

Wait, seriously?
I just assumed they had fastballs just like baseball.
I don't know the answer, but found this to be very interesting.
TallTexan
Crazy. Had no idea.
SFAJack_76
Nice.
SFAJack_76
Nacgodoches region winner UTA beat Iowa State 4-3 for the NISC championship with a run in the bottom of the seventh.
nacluth
Well I guess it's nice to know you got beat by the champion.
SFAJack_76
Potential for 2020 to be better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.