2019 Ladyjack Softball

72,238 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Two out hbp and a long double ties it at two. Going to bottom of the fifth. We have got to start hitting.
SFAJack_76
After five.

NSU 2/7/1
SFA 2/3/0

Wilbur on in relief.
SFAJack_76
Wilbur with a seven pitch sixth.
SFAJack_76
Extra innings. NSU starter has been very efficient with her pitches. Only one walk which was an intentional to Corona.
SFAJack_76
Get out the brooms. 3-2 in eight.
SFAJack_76
Three games left in the regular season. After this weekend, the Ladyjacks are in sole possession of third place, one game ahead of McNeese and SLU. Ladyjacks lost two of three at SLU, and took two of three against McNeese at home. SLU took two of three against McNeese at home.

Coming up, SFA is at first place Sam, SLU is at second place Nicholls, and McNeese is at home against sixth place Lamar. Ladyjacks are two games behind Nicholls, and three games behind Sam.

Sam is real. In conference play they are second in BA, second in ERA, and first in fielding percentage. SFA is correspondingly, sixth, fifth, and third. This will be a tough series.
Softball junkie
Going to be a great series next weekend with Sam. I heard that Kriesel went down during warmups and twisted her ankle. Hope it's not bad.
nacluth
Hope she just tweaked it. Really need her for the postseason. She's having an incredible year.
SFAJack_76
Softball junkie said:

Going to be a great series next weekend with Sam. I heard that Kriesel went down during warmups and twisted her ankle. Hope it's not bad.
During warmups before the game yesterday, or when? We need Kriesel as healthy as she can be.
SFAJack_76
Sweep!
Softball junkie
It was during warm ups in the bullpen before the game started.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Softball junkie said:

How is she doing, Junkie? Do you know?
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Softball junkie said:

How is she doing, Junkie? Do you know?
Can't quite see, but perhaps a wrap on Kriesel's left ankle.
Softball junkie
Don't know how she is doing. Hopefully ok. What a great conference. You have at least 5 teams all within a game of each other. It's going to be exciting to see what happens.
SFAJack_76
Kriesel in the circle for game 1.
Multiple changes in the starting nine and batting order. Novegil has been at second base, and batted lead off nearly all season. Top four has typically been Novegil, Becker, Corona, and Hedspeth. Hope Novegil is okay. Last weekend, she was DP for game two, and pinch run for after a hit. She was back at second base for game three. Gregory is a step down from Novegil both in the field and at the plate.

SFAJack_76
And, top second, Gregory doubles in the first run of the game. That raised her season average to .218. Great hit in an important game.
SFAJack_76
Gregory gets the second Ladyjack hit of the game; a solo home run. Gregory is 2-2, while the rest of the team is 0-11. Corona has struck out both AB's.

Kriesel pitching a two single, 1 BB, 7k gem.

2-0 after four. Still a lot of ball to play.
SFAJack_76
Final game 1:

SFA 2/2/0
Sam 1/4/0

Gregory was 2-2 with a walk. The rest of the line up was 0-20 with 1hbp, 2bb, and 15k.

Kriesel with 1bb, and 9k's.

Earned it, but feel like we stole one.
SFAJack_76
Wilbur gives up 2 in the first inning of game two on three hits and two walks.
SFAJack_76
This got posted well after the game started. Note that Wilbur is batting. She has not batted in, I think, weeks.
SFAJack_76
Coach's recap of the two 2-1 games yesterday:

"Both of today's games were hard fought," head coach Nicole Dickson said following the doubleheader. "Both teams were relentless all day and we found a way to win game one with solid defensive plays from middle infielders Emily Wolfe and Lindsey Gregory. Ashley Kriesel controlled Sam Houston State's batters and worked ahead of the count, while Gregory had a stellar performance at the plate all day and competed in big moments."

"Game two we ended up on the other end of an emotional game, we just couldn't put together quality at bats and didn't capitalize with runners on," continued coach Dickson. "One thing I know about my team is that they are fighters and these players care. We are always better the second time we see a pitcher as well. Our goal tomorrow is to score early and often, in order to prepare us and get our best team to the tournament. I'm thankful to lead this team and staff, and we will do our jobs to get the players ready. I'm even more proud to know my players take ownership and realize that this is their team. Their special season coming."

In the game two, 2-1 loss, Corona had a warning track fly out with the bases loaded after fouling off six straight pitches.

A win today would put the Ladyjacks in a third place tie with McNeese. Since we took two of three from McNeese, I assume that means we would get the three seed. A loss, and we are alone in fourth place. The top four finish keeps us out of the bottom four qualifiers first round single elimination games. The tournament starts Tuesday in Natchitoches. It looks like weather could play havoc with the schedule.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Huber is just not the same pitcher she was earlier in the season. Her tank is getting low. IMO, Kriesel has passed her as our best pitcher right now. But Huber is a battler and she keeps giving it all she's got.

Next year should be amazing, and I believe they've got another stud pitcher coming in, too. I'm sure they'll be expecting nothing less than a conference championship then.
SFAJack_76
More lineup changes. Kriesel in the circle. Need some hits today.
purplitis72
Let's go Ladyjacks!
SFAJack_76
Sam wins 4-3.

Kriesel can't hold a 3-1 lead, and Wilbur loses it in relief. Sam threw their #3 pitcher.

On to the SLC tournament as the four seed. Will Novegil play? Can we get hits? Can our two pitchers hold up? Long shot, but the Ladyjacks could win it all. Or, they could go 0-2. Whatever the outcome, the program continues to get better every year.
SFAJack_76
purplitis72
What seed did we get?
SFAJack_76
Coach said that Novegil was "under the weather" and would be a game day decision. Dickson is sure fun to listen to.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Novegil starting, but as DP. Rogers catching rather than Bennett. Wilbur in the circle. Saving Kriesel for Sam?
nacluth
Going to the 8th inning. Tense 0-0 game.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Going to the 8th inning. Tense 0-0 game.
Wilbur pitching the best she has in several games. Hope having second and third with one out in the bottom of the seventh doesn't cost us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.