2019 Ladyjack Softball

71,867 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Get these girls an on-campus, for real, softball facility! Enough of being out there with little league and rec league.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Get these girls an on-campus, for real, softball facility! Enough of being out there with little league and rec league.

Amen to that!

(And we finally knocked off Mississippi State in something. SWEET!)
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Tell em 76...
SFAJack_76
Pitcher of the week. I would certainly think so.
SFAJack_76
Conference not good enough. National player of the week!
nacluth
She can retire now right? Wow what a weekend to start your career.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
What makes softball pitchers able to pitch more often than a baseball player? Is it the pitching motion?

Either way, being in the zone for 22 innings is insane.
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

What makes softball pitchers able to pitch more often than a baseball player? Is it the pitching motion?

Either way, being in the zone for 22 innings is insane.
Yep something about the natural motion of the arm... it just doesnt get tired as fast..She is unbelievable... This will get her some USA Softball attention..
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
3-0 good guys after one. Three run homer from Rita Corona. ULM has almost as many fans here as SFA. Almost no students.
SFAXE93

4-0 final

11 Ks for Kriesel
SFAXE93
6-2
0-3
7-1
2-1
1-0
4-0

SFA 5-1
K's: 49
ERA:0.66
(I think we have a pitching rotation)

Ladyjacks set to invade Louisiana for the Louisiana Classic with a chance at the #13 team in the country Feb. 15-17
SFAJack_76
Although not tested much, the defense was solid. Missed scoring opportunities with runners on base is about the only complaint. Coach mentioned that as being an issue last weekend also.
nacluth
Down 1-0 to Austin Peay in the 4th. Another unearned run against Wilbur. I think that's four now in her career. I wonder how many runs will score before her 0.00 ERA record is blemished?
nacluth
SFA plate 5 in the fifth to go up 5-1. Let's see if the Wilbur can finish the last three innings for a fifth straight win.
SFAJack_76

nacluth
Game 1 of the Louisiana Classic down. Jacks win 5-1!

Wilbur now 5-0 with 0.00ERA and 39K with her 4th complete game.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Game 1 of the Louisiana Classic down. Jacks win 5-1!

Wilbur now 5-0 with 0.00ERA and 39K with her 4th complete game.
Good win. Eight runners LOB, so that opportunity is still there. Would like to see Wilbur be more efficient than the 120 pitch count, although she only walked three with seven strike outs.

Next up at 1:30 is a bad 0-7 Jackson State team.
SFAJack_76
Juggled the line up a bit for JSU. Junior Jordan Llinas in the circle. Second start of the year.
nacluth
I'm excited about the matchup with Louisiana tomorrow. Besting two ranked teams at their home events would be pretty nice but my concern is our offense. Bats seem to be waking up, but I hope we get better at bringing in the runs.
nacluth
Two 2 run homers in the second. Jacks lead 4-0 against Jackson St.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I'm excited about the matchup with Louisiana tomorrow. Besting two ranked teams at their home events would be pretty nice but my concern is our offense. Bats seem to be waking up, but I hope we get better at bringing in the runs.
That should be a fun game. Louisiana historically has a very large and rowdy crowd. I have heard they can be pretty ugly.

Batting average of .296 is in the top third in the country. The problem is the hits are not timely. Too many LOB.

The team ERA, is in the top 15 in the country. Largely of course due to the 0.00 by Wilbur.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

That should be a fun game. Louisiana historically has a very large and rowdy crowd. I have heard they can be pretty ugly.

Now, now 76, no need to throw shade at our Cajun friends for their attractiveness or lack thereof...
nacluth
Up to 6-0 in the fourth.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Up to 6-0 in the fourth.
And, seven LOB through three innings.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

Now, now 76, no need to throw shade at our Cajun friends for their attractiveness or lack thereof...
I know a guy that had a daughter play for ULL. Some of his stories from the home games were ... intense.
nacluth
7-3 after five.
nacluth
Winner winner. Ladyjacks take the first two games of the Louisiana Classic. 7-3 over Jackson State.
SFAJack_76
Kriesel pitches the last two innings, Six up, six down, six k's.

12 LOB in six innings. Should have run ruled JSU.

SFAXE93
Big game tomorrow

SFA (7-1) vs. #13 Louisiana (6-0) 12:30 P.M. (Sat.)
https://ragincajuns.com/watch/?Live=954&type=Live

4-0
11-0
15-0
21-0
7-1
7-3

As you can see Louisiana has pitching as well and bats to go with it.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Big game tomorrow

SFA (7-1) vs. #13 Louisiana (6-0) 12:30 P.M. (Sat.)
https://ragincajuns.com/watch/?Live=954&type=Live

4-0
11-0
15-0
21-0
7-1
7-3

As you can see Louisiana has pitching as well and bats to go with it.
The 15-0 and 21-0 were five inning games against A&M-Corpus. 11-0 was against UIW.
nacluth
Wilbur got tagged for 4ER in her 5 innings. Down 6-1 in the 6th. Louisiana is as good as advertised right now. Maybe we can swing back and get them on Sun.
nacluth
Ladies drop the game to Louisiana 6-1. Have Jackson St again at 5:30 to see if we can work back to the championship game.
SFAJack_76
Run rule Jackson State 13-2 in five. Play Louisiana tomorrow at 12:30 after they beat Austin Peay 8-0 in six.

Win or lose, these last two weekends have been great experience for this team and staff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.