2019 Ladyjack Softball

71,926 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wilbur's got nothing left. Only having two pitchers is not okay.
SFAJack_76
35-21 season. Good season. Disappointing ending.
nacluth
Tough. Such a great start, but 1 out of three in the SLC tournament in two essentially shut out games is rough. Hitting seemed to be better this year, but it seemed like we were tired down the stretch. I like the trajectory we're headed with Dickson though.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
Nicholls beat McNeese 10-4, finishing about 1:00 am. Nicholls plays Sam at noon. Sam wins, they are champions. Nicholls wins, they play one more.

This tournament has played out almost exactly like the regular season. That doesn't happen often.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Tough. Such a great start, but 1 out of three in the SLC tournament in two essentially shut out games is rough. Hitting seemed to be better this year, but it seemed like we were tired down the stretch. I like the trajectory we're headed with Dickson though.

I hope we hold onto Dickson.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

I hope we hold onto Dickson.
Me too! Young, turned 33 during the season, up and comer. Turned around SFA softball inside three years. High, high energy. Personable and smart. I am confident that she learned a lot this season. In addition to salary, she needs to know there are substantial plans for improved facilities. She will be pursued by bigger programs. If not this year, soon.
SfaFan15
Are there any chances for a postseason tourney (aside from the NCAA tourney) in softball like there are for men's/women's basketball and volleyball?
SFAJack_76
SfaFan15 said:

Are there any chances for a postseason tourney (aside from the NCAA tourney) in softball like there are for men's/women's basketball and volleyball?
This is the only one I am aware of. Confident that fourth place SFA won't get an invite.
https://www.womensnisc.com/

As I read it, the loser of Sam and Nicholls will get an invite. Nicholls has declined post season invites before.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Sam wins 2-1 over Nicholls to get the automatic NCAA bid. With McLeod pitching, they could pull an upset. Their RPI before the SLC tournament was 85.
SFAJack_76
Good story.
SFAJack_76
Season is not over!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well....and hosting too. Between finals and graduations I hope a few folks can get out and support them.
nacluth
At least this is a nice cap to a good season.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Note that SLC #2 Nicholls is not playing. Number three McNeese and number four SFA are. Did they decline another post season invite?
Softball junkie
No hotels in Nac due to graduation.
SFAJack_76
Softball junkie said:

Lufkin is an easy thirty minutes. Wonder where the teams will stay?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Note that SLC #2 Nicholls is not playing. Number three McNeese and number four SFA are. Did they decline another post season invite?

Nicholls needs to drop to D2 if they can't afford to go to the postseason in any sport.
TallTexan
Glad to see this for the ladies. They deserve it. And hosting makes it even better.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Softball junkie said:

I wonder if the athletic department had some hotels on standby in case of an invitation? Traveling from Lufkin isn't a huge deal but still it would dull the benefit of making the invitational.
SFAJack_76
I am glad, but very surprised that we are hosting. Fourth place team, both regular season and tournament, and lower tier facility. Learning the process would be interesting.
SFAJack_76
On the season, Ladyjacks are 2-0 against Middle Tennessee, 2-2 against McNeese, and have not played UTA. Recall the last loss to McNeese was the eleven inning 3-0 SLC elimination game where the Ladyjacks had two excellent chances to win the game, but did not get the clutch hit.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Softball junkie said:

I wonder if the athletic department had some hotels on standby in case of an invitation? Traveling from Lufkin isn't a huge deal but still it would dull the benefit of making the invitational.
I would not be surprised if they couldn't pull the strings for some rooms, but enough for 3 teams might be tough. Might have been part of how they chose the host.

But Lufkin's not that far and gives us a slight bit of Home field advantage too.
SFAJack_76
Game day. SFA vs UTA. Strength vs strength. SFA ERA of 2.35 vs UTA batting average of .305.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Game 1 of the SFA regional is in the books.

MT 3/6/2
McNeese 7/7/0

McNeese pitcher A . Flores had a perfect game through five. Gave up one in the sixth, and then ran out of gas in the seventh.
SFAJack_76
Wilbur starting.
SFAJack_76
Interim President recognizes all graduating seniors from both teams. And then he left.

First pitch coming up. Terribly disappointing crowd.
SFAJack_76
E6 in the midst of three hits gifts UTA with three unearned runs in the first.
BigJack85
Bummer.
Softball junkie
They are hitting her hard. Need to make a change before it gets out of hand.
SFAJack_76
Wilbur out after three innings. Four runs, one earned, five hits, one bb, and one hbp. 48 pitches.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.