Thoughts for Next Year

80,869 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sfa17
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
TallTexan said:

Now let's hear who that home & home is with!
sfa17
Great pick up.
tangerito
Awesome pickup, my only concern is will he stay after Keller goes to the elite 8 next year and gets some huge offer from a big school.....
sfa17
That would be a good problem to have.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

BOOM

We got him!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No-look
Sweet!!!
sfa17
The most productive college players from Texas in 2018
#27 Shannon #41 Leon #56 Ty #98 Comeux

http://texastop100.com/2018/05/03/the-most-productive-college-players-from-texas-in-2018/

Man I wish we could have Shannon for 4 year. Scored 539 point last season. Harris had 480 points. The record goes to Walkup with 615 points in the 2015-2016 season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

The most productive college players from Texas in 2018
#27 Shannon #41 Leon #56 Ty #98 Comeux

http://texastop100.com/2018/05/03/the-most-productive-college-players-from-texas-in-2018/

Man I wish we could have Shannon for 4 year. Scored 539 point last season. Harris had 480 points. The record goes to Walkup with 615 points in the 2015-2016 season.
Noticed that Joseph Kilgore from AMCC scored a double-double at 185/186.
SFAJack_76
SFA is not the only mid major having scheduling challenges.

TallTexan
That's why more mid majors should play each other when it makes strategic sense. Sure, I wouldn't want to play the Sam Houston of a conference, but I wouldn't mind lining up a slate of games against teams that I think will make the tourney when they win their conference.
SfaTke596
Any news on who the home/home is with?
TallTexan
SfaTke596 said:

Any news on who the home/home is with?
Man I wish I knew. The anticipation is killing me.
PurpleOut
Staff
Takes a while to get contracts out, reviewed and sent back. I believe the day we started the topic was just the day it was agreed upon by both sides.
SFASawmillGuy
I can't wait for it to be public so I can talk to someone about it! Super excited about the matchup!
No-look
Are there any games that we know of so far?
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

Are there any games that we know of so far?

Nothing public. LaTech and at North Dakota State will be on there as return games.
sfa17
Stefon Fisher is transferring

Our bench is not looking too good.
Comeux
Bain
Jock
Mitchell
Sammy
Gru

Going to be asking a lot from Jock Mitchell and Bain.
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

Our bench is not looking too good.
Comeux
Bain
Jock
Mitchell
Sammy
Gru

Going to be asking a lot from Jock Mitchell and Bain.
Stinks because I believe in his potential. It opens up a scholarship. Hopefully coach knew this was coming and has continued to work on a quality recruit. There are plenty out there. Don't settle!
No-look
Wouldn't surprise me if we add another combo guard soon. Our bench progressed a lot last year and they will be even better this year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Not at all surprised. It was easy to see that he was not happy here. The only time I ever saw him even come close to smiling was during the on-court celebration after we won the conference tournament in Katy.

It would have been nice to have his big body as a reserve, but the Jacks will be fine, and I'm sure his spot will be filled pretty soon by the coaching staff. Just wish it could have been decided sooner while more transfers around the country were on the board. I wish him well.
TallTexan
I would guess they had an idea that he'd be looking to transfer. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up and to see who fills that scholarship spot.
PurpleOut
Staff
He's going to Trinity Valley for next season.

Sad to see him go, was excited about his future here. Sometimes it's just not the right fit, for many reasons. Best of luck to Stef.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

He's going to Trinity Valley for next season.

Sad to see him go, was excited about his future here. Sometimes it's just not the right fit, for many reasons. Best of luck to Stef.
Ya, his stay here was interesting. Mostly mop up duty, but sometimes he didn't even make it onto the mop up duty crew. But his potential looks great. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.
cboothe09
A quick look at our roster for next year...

PG: Shannon Bogues (Sr.); Aaron Augustin (Jr.); John Comeaux (Jr.); Rance Cole (Jr.)
SG: Harrrison Perkins (Sr.); Duece Hughes (Fr.)
SF: Nathan Bain (Jr. ); Kevon Harris (Jr.); Samuli Nieminen (Jr.)
PF: Devante Fitzgerald (Sr.); TJ Holyfield (Sr.); Mitchell Seraille (Fr.)
C: Jovan Grujic (Sr.)

Not counting Karl Nicholas because he has to sit out a year...
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

A quick look at our roster for next year...

C: Jovan Grujic (Sr.)

Gru stands alone, ready to stop anyone who would dare enter the lane.
jboy93
Don't mean to be a party pooper but did anyone hear that Shannon may have gotten into a little trouble on campus?
BigJack85
Uh oh....
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
The roller coaster ride about to take a free fall?
Gazette1
Buckle up because this site is also going to be on a roller coaster ride. I have been reinstated although I am sure that this post will also be deleted by those who scrutinize me. I haven't heard anything about Shannon getting into trouble and I think that statement should have been banned from publication on this site. Shannon's name is still on the roster. It seems like that we've been on a roller coaster ride since Keller has been here. Did you ever wonder why?
Jacks4460
Gazette1 said:

Buckle up because this site is also going to be on a roller coaster ride. I have been reinstated although I am sure that this post will also be deleted by those who scrutinize me. I haven't heard anything about Shannon getting into trouble and I think that statement should have been banned from publication on this site. Shannon's name is still on the roster. It seems like that we've been on a roller coaster ride since Keller has been here. Did you ever wonder why?
Why would you start off your post like this if you werent looking for some type of attention??
TallTexan
Gazette1 said:

It seems like that we've been on a roller coaster ride since Keller has been here. Did you ever wonder why?
My theory is global warming.
Gazette1
Do you think that global warming is something to joke about? Remember our offspring will suffer from it's effects even more so than we will. However , I don't think that that is what's causing the chaos in our athletic programs.
djsfw57
So you don't think it's appropriate for anyone to say negative things about Kaspar, but it's ok for you to make negative insinuations about Keller. Yeah, that makes sense.
Gazette1
No, but I think that if you are going to allow people to make those comments then you shouldn't ban people or disallow comments that are facts about our present coaching staff. Did you get that? I do think however that homophobic and negative comments that were made on this site about an SFA entity that represented by our students should be banned. Since when is a question a negative comment? That does make sense!
PurpleReign
djsfw57 said:

So you don't think it's appropriate for anyone to say negative things about Kaspar, but it's ok for you to make negative insinuations about Keller. Yeah, that makes sense.
I used to post on the old LJF forum, never did re-register here but have always been lurking/reading.

From this guys posts in the past up to now, it sounds like Kaspar and him are good friends and DK rolled out the red carpet for him. Now that people in the athletic department aren't kissing his ass, he's throwing a fit and acting like a child. Get over yourself man. I can't even decipher what you're talking about sometimes.

Isaac, PO and the staff here do a great job with running this place, giving SFA fans a badass site and forum for basically free.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.