Thoughts for Next Year

81,655 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sfa17
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We need to schedule mid majors who are in the same boat. That'd be a good way to build a decent schedule.
sfa17
Since most of the 2018-19 team is known. here is my way too early starting line up

pg:Augustine
Sg:Bogues
Sf:Kevon
Pf:Holyfield
C:fitzgerald

6. Comeux (good defense, need to be more dangerous on offense)
7. Baines (really needs to step up and stay healthy. Has yet to have a injury free season)
8.Fisher ( small sample size but I prefer him to Sami)
9. Jock (may have easier time adjust to cbb bc he is pure shooter)
10. Sami (offensive improvement)
11.Mitchell (can learn for holyfield/ Fitzgerald)
12. Gru ( Hopefully lottery pick in 2018 Nba Draft)
nacluth
I like it, and agree except I think I would flip Sammy and Fisher until I see more of Stefon. Sammy just has a ton of game experience. Fisher doesn't climb over on depth chart yet.
sfa17
True, Sami is going to be jr. So it is now or never. Time make his mark. Really quiet player. Easy to miss when he is in the game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Since most of the 2018-19 team is known. here is my way too early starting line up

pg:Augustine
Sg:Bogues
Sf:Kevon
Pf:Holyfield
C:fitzgerald

6. Comeux (good defense, need to be more dangerous on offense)
7. Baines (really needs to step up and stay healthy. Has yet to have a injury free season)
8.Fisher ( small sample size but I prefer him to Sami)
9. Jock (may have easier time adjust to cbb bc he is pure shooter)
10. Sami (offensive improvement)
11.Mitchell (can learn for holyfield/ Fitzgerald)
12. Gru ( Hopefully lottery pick in 2018 Nba Draft)

I pretty much agree with your starting five. Also, I can see Jock and Mitch getting a ton of minutes at the shooting guard and small forward positions by the time conference play rolls around. Those two will give Coach K lots of flexibility with his matchups. Stefon is a bit small to be considered a true center, but he's the best we have right now as a backup to Fitzgerald. I, too, am hoping that Nate can stay healthy and make some valuable contributions at forward. And Sami will be Sami and Gru will be Gru (although I think Gru may slide to the 2nd round of the draft).
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

True, Sami is going to be jr. So it is now or never. Time make his mark. Really quiet player. Easy to miss when he is in the game.
Sami is just not aggressive and seems to be afraid to shoot the dadgum ball. His favorite play seems to be setting screens for everyone else.
No-look
Sammy was giving some good minutes at the end of the season. I thought he was much improved from the start of the season. Hoping that Mitch and Jock will adjust to D1 quickly. This year was the first season that Sammy and Bain got involved because of injuries. Still wondering who else Keller will bring in to beef up the guard position. Washington would be a good fit but not sure how hard they are after him. We should be loaded!
SFA Jack Fanatic
OK, what are we going to call this Nieminen guy? Is it going to be Sami? Sammie? Sammy? Sam? Samuli? We've been all over the map on this all year. We need to approach this as a cohesive unit on such an important issue.
nacluth
My phone knows Nieminen now, so i'm good with that.
SFASawmillGuy
He's still the Finnisher to me.
sfa17
Big news coming soon. Power 5 team coming to Nac (trusted source)
nacluth
Bless you kind sir...bless you.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Is it too early to buy season tickets?!?!
corleycl
Define "soon".

PurpleOut
Staff
Confirmed as well. These things won't be announced until contracts are signed and returned.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Confirmed as well. These things won't be announced until contracts are signed and returned.
Give us the important details, are we using fax or docusign?
MasterAxe
I bet it's a school that will have a combo game with a P5 in the state. Makes the trip worth it.

Like and SFA/TCU or UT combo
SFASawmillGuy
Also confirmed who it will be. Lets just say, we will be very pleased by this game.
Jyank24
OK State? Coach Mike and Keller connection?!?!?!
sfa17
Coach k, wade , cox and haymond have been working hard. Doing a great job. Whoever it is, we have to show them that we do deserve the home/home by winning the game and going on to having a good season.
MasterAxe
SFA_03 said:

Also confirmed who it will be. Lets just say, we will be very pleased by this game.
You guys would make GREAT tv hosts.

"The most shocking ending ever....right after the break."

"You will not believe it....coming up after the break."

"The biggest scheduling coup of the millennia....after the break."

I love it.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

SFA_03 said:

You guys would make GREAT tv hosts.

"The most shocking ending ever....right after the break."

"You will not believe it....coming up after the break."

"The biggest scheduling coup of the millennia....after the break."

I love it.
TV hosts, try tabloid writers lol..
Jacks4460
I sent a tweet to DelConte 3 weeks ago asking him to please schedule us. I said that Coach K was having problems finding anyone to play. I brought up our storied tradition which I am sure he knows about already.. I told him we would travel a good crowd and of course the WRJ will be an electric place to play in. Never got a response from him.. Maybe because they were in the works on a game... Who knows UT still hasnt released their schedule either...I have messaged CDC 2 other times and got responses from him..
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

The suspense is killing me!! Come on.. Just one little hint...
sfa17
My guess is TCU. When coach Keller tweeted a pic of him and Scott cross. I replied with home/home ? And coach Keller liked it. Just from pure speculation. That's all I got.

TallTexan
Whoever it is, can we agree not to host any HS football playoff games at the same time?
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

I sent a tweet to DelConte 3 weeks ago asking him to please schedule us. I said that Coach K was having problems finding anyone to play. I brought up our storied tradition which I am sure he knows about already.. I told him we would travel a good crowd and of course the WRJ will be an electric place to play in. Never got a response from him.. Maybe because they were in the works on a game... Who knows UT still hasnt released their schedule either...I have messaged CDC 2 other times and got responses from him..
I think CDC would be down, but I'm not sure Shaka Smart wants to ever see us across the court again.
No-look
Hoping it's not during Christmas break. Need students there. Need to pack it out!
Jacks4460
sfa17 said:

My guess is TCU. When coach Keller tweeted a pic of him and Scott cross. I replied with home/home ? And coach Keller liked it. Just from pure speculation. That's all I got.

I am rolling with you I think it is a home and home with TCU...
SFASawmillGuy
I can assure everyone that you will be pleased with who it will be.
No-look
SFA_03 said:

I can assure everyone that you will be pleased with who it will be.
OKState, TCU, LSU or maybe even Kansas??? Mizzou returning a game? Lol
TallTexan
I feel like this needs to be a pickem contest.
Jacks4460
I still think TCU after more investigating..
cboothe09
Illinios?
PurpleOut
Staff
Jacks4460 said:

I still think TCU after more investigating..

I'm doubting it. Remember again that Keller has mentioned he doesn't want to play against his friends.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.