Thoughts for Next Year

81,482 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sfa17
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Let's not go crazy in thinking we don't have a PG. Aaron started 27 games last year and is the primary focus to run the offense. He led the league (tied) in Assist/Turnover ratio. His improvement from year 1 to 2 was tremendous, if he can improve even slightly then he's the clear starter at the point for me.

I agree that he's not a great scorer, we just have to figure out a better way to utilize him when teams drop off on him. Having to do that on the fly at the end of the season was pretty difficult (my assumption and opinion). He can knock down some threes.
sfa17
We lost a lot of scoring this year
Canete 9.4
Gilmore 9.3
Ty 8.0
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Let's not go crazy in thinking we don't have a PG. Aaron started 27 games last year and is the primary focus to run the offense. He led the league (tied) in Assist/Turnover ratio. His improvement from year 1 to 2 was tremendous, if he can improve even slightly then he's the clear starter at the point for me.

I agree that he's not a great scorer, we just have to figure out a better way to utilize him when teams drop off on him. Having to do that on the fly at the end of the season was pretty difficult (my assumption and opinion). He can knock down some threes.

I'd have to imagine shooting drills are high on the list for Comeaux and Augustin this summer. A small improvement would make a big difference. They've got the defensive and ball handling skills down pretty well.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

I'd have to imagine shooting drills are high on the list for Comeaux and Augustin this summer. A small improvement would make a big difference. They've got the defensive and ball handling skills down pretty well.
The two combined for 96 steals last season.
sfa17
john avg 19.8 points in JUCO, I would be just fine with half of that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.