2024-2025 Lumberjack Basketball

29,400 Views | 300 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Jacks1989
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cboothe09 said:

SCH890 said:

Jacks1989 said:

McNeese playing Bama and Miss State next season I don't want to hear that no big schools want play SFA.
Ehhh. I bet some schools will slowly figure out McNeese with time. Thinking it may be a one off thing. If they do great again, it'll be harder as time goes on.
McNeese played a Charmin soft schedule last year and were exposed in the tournament.

Teams played include:
College of Biblical Studies
Champion Christian
LeTourneau
Mississippi University for Women
Along with a WEAK SLC schedule

Wade is a good coach, and with the NIL in place, I have no doubt he will be able to recruit some good talent to Lake Charles, but they were extremely overrated last year.

They got picked apart by Gonzaga. Only a few quality wins (VCU, ULL, Michigan). Like you said , exposed.
djsfw57
BigJack85 said:

cboothe09 said:

SCH890 said:

Jacks1989 said:

McNeese playing Bama and Miss State next season I don't want to hear that no big schools want play SFA.
Ehhh. I bet some schools will slowly figure out McNeese with time. Thinking it may be a one off thing. If they do great again, it'll be harder as time goes on.
McNeese played a Charmin soft schedule last year and were exposed in the tournament.

Teams played include:
College of Biblical Studies
Champion Christian
LeTourneau
Mississippi University for Women
Along with a WEAK SLC schedule

Wade is a good coach, and with the NIL in place, I have no doubt he will be able to recruit some good talent to Lake Charles, but they were extremely overrated last year.

They got picked apart by Gonzaga. Only a few quality wins (VCU, ULL, Michigan). Like you said , exposed.
Usually I would say Michigan is a good win. Last season they were 8-24. That puts a damper on it for me.
SFA, Class of 1979
TallTexan
No-look said:

nacluth said:

Looking for that big!
Like a 6'11" ?

7'11.
No-look
Jacks1989
Coach needs to hurry up and start making moves. This is taking way too long!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

Keller said he wanted to be sure to get the right guys this time. He's definitely taking a different approach from last year, when he had all of the players chosen and signed before the WD-40 was dry on the portal door hinges.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks1989 said:

Keller said he wanted to be sure to get the right guys this time. He's definitely taking a different approach from last year, when he had all of the players chosen and signed before the WD-40 was dry on the portal door hinges.

I'm curious what Keller's opinion on the Southland is and if he'd want to make that change this season or next.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks1989 said:

I talked to Keller at the reception. He seemed to be VERY OPTIMISTIC about signing a couple of bigs, that will make an immediate impact.
TallTexan
Heard there was some dude named Kavin Gensmil we're targeting who is totally unrelated to any former players we might have had.

A Mo Bamba, Flo Thamba type situation.
SFASawmillGuy
I'm also excited about Womas Thalkup and JT Molyfield. I heard we may also get that Hevon Karris kid.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks1989 said:

I talked to Keller at the reception. He seemed to be VERY OPTIMISTIC about signing a couple of bigs, that will make an immediate impact.

I like the sound of that! Make it happen, Coach K.
Jacks1989
Just heard they are in contact with some kid named Pacob Jarker. Heard he has a lot of flowing hair.
Jacks1989

Point Guard - Nate Calmese is still in the portal!
No-look
Crickets
LUMBERJACK2005
SCH890 said:

Jacks1989 said:

McNeese is bringing in a ton of talent this year. Will be better than last year.
No-look
LUMBERJACK2005 said:

SCH890 said:

Jacks1989 said:

McNeese is bringing in a ton of talent this year. Will be better than last year.
Is it the Will Wade name that's bringing them? They can't be loaded with NIL?
TallTexan
No-look said:

LUMBERJACK2005 said:

SCH890 said:

Jacks1989 said:

Is it the Will Wade name that's bringing them? They can't be loaded with NIL?

I think that's largely the case. His name & connections.
No-look
BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks1989 said:

wonder if these guys are still on the radar? Any news about who we're after? Also will the conference change effect recruiting?
No-look
Typical SFA ACU game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Typical SFA ACU game.

That got my hoops blood flowing good. Thanks, N-look.

And I agree. I sure hope Keller can land a couple of athletic bigs. This waiting is killing me, as it always does this time of the year.
Jacks1989
Another ACU buzzer beater. The Juice!!!

SFA Jack Fanatic
WE GOT A BIG!!!

Thierno Sylla from UCF! 6'11"
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

WE GOT A BIG!!!

Played in 32 of the 33 games with 10 starts, averaging 14.9 minutes per game. Shot .381 on the season, .279 on 61 threes, and .657 from the FT line. Averaged 3.9 rebounds and 4.3 points per game.

I am underwhelmed.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm excited. That kind of height doesn't grow on trees. Two years of eligibility remaining. He'll help fill a big need. Keller and the coaches obviously think he's got an upside. They'll put him in the weight room to bulk up more, for sure. Only 210 pounds.

Now we need one more...

EDIT: Another source says he's 225 pounds. Better.
SFAXE93

F: THIERNO SYLLA 6-11 Conakry, Guinea (Royal Crown/ Ontario, Canada)
GP:59;GS:10

Game High - 20 points 11 rebounds (Jacksonville)

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93
So far...

A few of these are walk-ons

F:#00 THIERNO SYLLA 6-11 (JR.)
F:#22 NANA ANTWI-BOASIAKO 6-9 (SR.)
F:#23 CLAYTON SOUTHWICK 6-8 (JR.)
F:#32 JUHLAWNEI STONE 6-6 (JR.)
F:#00 KEITH LAMAR 6-5 (SR.)
G/F:#11 CHRISHAWN CHRISTMAS 6-5 (SO.)
G:#00 CHRIS JOHNSON 6-5 (R/FR.)
G:#1 MATT HAYMAN 6-5 (SR.)
G:#0 MYLES JENKINS 6-4 (SR.)
G:#2 DAEVEON SCOTT 6-3 (SO.)
G:#14 LUKE STANSBURY 6-2 (R/FR.)
G:#00 KEON THOMPSON 6-0 (JR.)
G:#3 ETHAN MAYES 6-0 (SR.)
G:#12 JAXSON SHELDON 5-11 (R/FR.)
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

WE GOT A BIG!!!

. Great addition! Competed in a good conference.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Body-wise, he seems to be similar to Nana. Also, he apparently was given the green light at UCF to shoot threes. Personally, I hope Keller limits that here. We already have a big that does that, too much, IMO.
No-look
SFAXE93 said:

F: THIERNO SYLLA 6-11 Conakry, Guinea (Royal Crown/ Ontario, Canada)
GP:59;GS:10

Game High - 20 points 11 rebounds (Jacksonville)

He will do really well in the SLC.
SCH890
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Body-wise, he seems to be similar to Nana. Also, he apparently was given the green light at UCF to shoot threes. Personally, I hope Keller limits that here. We already have a big that does that, too much, IMO.
Honestly, I disagree wholeheartedly. Let the guy go to his full potential. If you start limiting various things, he won't perform as well as he can. If the guy has an open look and he has some success taking a three, go for it. Sure, we have a Nana for that, but having two Nanas opens up the court way more if both are there. Since some free points.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

100%. Nana shouldn't be shooting threes. Unless we are up by 30 with 4 minutes left.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Not to belabor the point, but we had already signed two very good guards to (among other things) shoot threes. I'm assuming we didn't sign a 6'11" guy for the purpose of shooting threes.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Not to belabor the point, but we had already signed two very good guards to (among other things) shoot threes. I'm assuming we didn't sign a 6'11" guy for the purpose of shooting threes.

True dat. X2!!!
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

As big as he is, with as good of a touch as he has, it should be "buffet time" every night in the SLC.
Jacks1989
Really like the big that the Jacks picked up today. Lots of length on him and moves really well for his size. Looks like he has a lot of upside. Like that he played in the Big 12. Need to pick up another point guard and the Jacks will be set.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.