2024-2025 Lumberjack Basketball

17,204 Views | 187 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Jacks1989
Jacks1989
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There have been a ton of commits over the weekend. Figured the Jacks would have had one or two. Well maybe tomorrow. Hope the future signings will be as good as the first two.
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks1989 said:

Need more bigs!

https://gculopes.com/news/2024/4/27/mens-basketball-grand-canyon-dennis-evans-spreads-wings-to-gcu


Yep. Our current bigs would definitely have to take a back seat to these guys.


Ya. DayDay was 6'4", played 6'7"
Southwick is 6'8" plays 6'5"
Nana has his minutes. If the matchup works right, he can handle some bigs. It's 50/50 at best. We need a true 6'10" Power Forward/Center
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Day Day thrived when he played with Kensmil. He needs a true big to play along side.
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's a popular guy. Be nice to land him.
corleycl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's from Southeast Houston too, so SFA would be close to home.
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sadaidriene Hall to San Jose State.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SCH890
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93 said:

Sadaidriene Hall to San Jose State.
I like this fit more than CBU. Good luck to him at San Jose St.
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm just glad now we don't have to play against him lol
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
Jacks1989
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WAC article with early rankings. Jacks ranked #2.

SCH890
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another one
https://sfajacks.com/news/2024/5/7/mens-basketball-lumberjacks-add-another-to-strong-spring-class

13.8 points per game, 5.3 rebounds per game, and shot 42.4% from the 3-point range .6 Steals


Still no big. Seems like we are getting a new identity or something new. But we will see.
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lots of teams were interested Very good addition.
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KEITH LAMAR

Lead the Rattlers in 3 - point FG made at 42, FT made at 71, rebound average at 5.3, steals at 33, second on the team in scoring and blocked shots at 12.

Lamar has gone from Stetson to South Georgia to Florida A&M to SFA

SFA offered in 2020


"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't expect anyone to be that good, but boy does he remind me of Kevon in those videos. The way he moves is so similar.
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems to have been a very good player on a very bad team. Got out of Dodge quick.

Impressed by the number of schools who were showing interest in him. That many schools and coaches can't be wrong, can they?

He has one year of eligibility, correct?
ServiceJack88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On X; thoughts?

Stephen F. Austin will host a Multi-Team Event (MTE) November 21st through 23rd, featuring Monmouth, Presbyterian, and Youngstown State, per sources.

Full Round-Robin. Three games per squad in three days. All games played inside The Sawmill.
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I fully approve. Football is home that Saturday vs North Alabama, so I can make the trip and see MBB and football.
Count me in!
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm so mad I could chew nails! We have a cruise booked for that entire week! Nonrefundable. D***!!! Double D***!!!
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just for thinking about, final 23-24 NET rankings:

Youngstown St. - 131
SFA - 175
Monmouth - 193
Presbyterian - 281
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Just for thinking about, final 23-24 NET rankings:

Youngstown St. - 131
SFA - 175
Monmouth - 193
Presbyterian - 281


With the lineup we have, it should be at least 2 wins.
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

Just for thinking about, final 23-24 NET rankings:

Youngstown St. - 131
SFA - 175
Monmouth - 193
Presbyterian - 281


With the lineup we have, it should be at least 2 wins.


Youngstown (22-10) graduated all four of their leading scorers. Monmouth (18-15) graduated two of their four leading scorers. Prebyterian (14-19) retains their leading scorer but lost their 2nd leading scorer.

My crystal ball shows us going 3-0 in this thing.
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

Just for thinking about, final 23-24 NET rankings:

Youngstown St. - 131
SFA - 175
Monmouth - 193
Presbyterian - 281


With the lineup we have, it should be at least 2 wins.


Youngstown (22-10) graduated all four of their leading scorers. Monmouth (18-15) graduated two of their four leading scorers. Prebyterian (14-19) retains their leading scorer but lost their 2nd leading scorer.

My crystal ball shows us going 3-0 in this thing.
I hope so. This MTE doesn't surprise me. In one of Keller's pressers (toward the end of the year) he mentioned that he wasn't going to be as aggressive with the non-conference travel, this year. Hopefully he gets one or two P5 games. One that is winnable. Our non-conference record the past couple of seasons has been... mediocre. It would be nice to see us get off on the right foot, and win some tough ones and have a quality non-conference record to start the conference. GCU is going to be tough and UTA looks to be reloading nicely. If this is prep for a move to the SLC, then poo.....
SCH890
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

Just for thinking about, final 23-24 NET rankings:

Youngstown St. - 131
SFA - 175
Monmouth - 193
Presbyterian - 281


With the lineup we have, it should be at least 2 wins.


Youngstown (22-10) graduated all four of their leading scorers. Monmouth (18-15) graduated two of their four leading scorers. Prebyterian (14-19) retains their leading scorer but lost their 2nd leading scorer.

My crystal ball shows us going 3-0 in this thing.
I hope so. This MTE doesn't surprise me. In one of Keller's pressers (toward the end of the year) he mentioned that he wasn't going to be as aggressive with the non-conference travel, this year. Hopefully he gets one or two P5 games. One that is winnable. Our non-conference record the past couple of seasons has been... mediocre. It would be nice to see us get off on the right foot, and win some tough ones and have a quality non-conference record to start the conference. GCU is going to be tough and UTA looks to be reloading nicely. If this is prep for a move to the SLC, then poo.....
Honestly I think the best logic get only one P5 and then just scheule easier. Since OOC Points matter so much in WAC. Its honestly a strategy it feels.
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

Just for thinking about, final 23-24 NET rankings:

Youngstown St. - 131
SFA - 175
Monmouth - 193
Presbyterian - 281


With the lineup we have, it should be at least 2 wins.


Youngstown (22-10) graduated all four of their leading scorers. Monmouth (18-15) graduated two of their four leading scorers. Prebyterian (14-19) retains their leading scorer but lost their 2nd leading scorer.

My crystal ball shows us going 3-0 in this thing.


Presbyterian's leading returning scorer has transferred to Indiana State.
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's home games we have to win for farther seeding system
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, SFA MBB lost several players as well, so all 4 of these teams dealing with the "new world" of college sports.

At least (if it does happen) it's 3 D1 schools actually making a trip to Nac for MBB.
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
Jacks1989
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Hopefully the Jacks will get a big game this year.
Jacks1989
How long do you want to ignore this user?


McNeese playing Bama and Miss State next season I don't want to hear that no big schools want play SFA.
SCH890
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks1989 said:



McNeese playing Bama and Miss State next season I don't want to hear that no big schools want play SFA.
Ehhh. I bet some schools will slowly figure out McNeese with time. Thinking it may be a one off thing. If they do great again, it'll be harder as time goes on.
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wade will most likely hit the coaches portal soon.
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ready to see some action on new recruits. This waiting is not cutting it.
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for that big!
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Looking for that big!
Like a 6'11" ?
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SCH890 said:

Jacks1989 said:



McNeese playing Bama and Miss State next season I don't want to hear that no big schools want play SFA.
Ehhh. I bet some schools will slowly figure out McNeese with time. Thinking it may be a one off thing. If they do great again, it'll be harder as time goes on.
McNeese played a Charmin soft schedule last year and were exposed in the tournament.

Teams played include:
College of Biblical Studies
Champion Christian
LeTourneau
Mississippi University for Women
Along with a WEAK SLC schedule

Wade is a good coach, and with the NIL in place, I have no doubt he will be able to recruit some good talent to Lake Charles, but they were extremely overrated last year.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.