2024-2025 Lumberjack Basketball

33,166 Views | 329 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by No-look
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks1989 said:

I plan on the same games. Will be at HCU, Lamar and McNeese games along with a number of SFA home games.

I'll reach out before the HCU & likely McNeese affair. I plan to do some sort of tailgating at McNeese.
Jacks1989
Looking forward to the McNeese game. My son is a student there.
No-look
Is Keller thinking Daeveon Scott for back up pg? Was impressed with what little he played last year… getting late
BigJack85
No-look said:

Is Keller thinking Daeveon Scott for back up pg? Was impressed with what little he played last year… getting late

Can't be. He looked good in limited action, but I would think we need someone with more experience. JUCO?
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Jacks1989 said:

I plan on the same games. Will be at HCU, Lamar and McNeese games along with a number of SFA home games.

I'll reach out before the HCU & likely McNeese affair. I plan to do some sort of tailgating at McNeese.

Reach out here. I'm in Lake Jackson, so I'll definitely travel to the HBU game, probably to the Lamar game, and maybe to the McNeese game. And I'll have MBB and WBB season tickets, so I'll try to make a majority of those, too.

BTW, someone said that he thinks SLC games will be on ESPN+ and not that ridiculous "$10 to watch one game" crapola some schools had before. Has that been confirmed?
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

Jacks1989 said:

Reach out here. I'm in Lake Jackson, so I'll definitely travel to the HBU game, probably to the Lamar game, and maybe to the McNeese game. And I'll have MBB and WBB season tickets, so I'll try to make a majority of those, too.

BTW, someone said that he thinks SLC games will be on ESPN+ and not that ridiculous "$10 to watch one game" crapola some schools had before. Has that been confirmed?

I'll be reaching out , well before HCU and Lamar. I'm almost a guarantee for HCU and McNeese. Not sure about LU.
Jacks1989
I hope Daveron gets more playing time this year but I really think that we are going to sign another point. Every year there are injuries and the Jacks can't go into this season with only one proven point guard (Keon Thompson). I'm ready for all the roster spots to be filled. We continue to wait.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

I hope Daveron gets more playing time this year but I really think that we are going to sign another point. Every year there are injuries and the Jacks can't go into this season with only one proven point guard (Keon Thompson). I'm ready for all the roster spots to be filled. We continue to wait.

I agree. If Scott is our #2 PG then we'll be starting the year in big trouble.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks1989 said:

I agree. If Scott is our #2 PG then we'll be starting the year in big trouble.

Better off having Hayman play the point for a few minutes
Jacks1989
Chris Johnson possibly?
BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

Chris Johnson possibly?

Yes. Check.
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
jboy93
For some reason I am a little surprised Southwick is back this year! Hope he has a good year.
SCH890
jboy93 said:

For some reason I am a little surprised Southwick is back this year! Hope he has a good year.
Guy needs some more confidence. He always seemed like a deer in headlights when he had the ball which turned over into a Turnover most of the time. He's a big guy and needs to crash to the boards. I would be scared if he's coming at me so use that to his advantage.
No-look
jboy93 said:

He was fresh out of JUCO last year. He should be a lot better. A year makes a lot of difference
BigJack85
No-look said:

jboy93 said:

He was fresh out of JUCO last year. He should be a lot better. A year makes a lot of difference

I agree. If Southwick makes the sort of progress that Beaubrun made between his 1st yr at SFA and 2nd yr, we could have some real depth at the 4. Southwick intrigues me. If he was a little more comfortable dribbling he could be dangerous.

If it turns out that all we use him for is relief, then so be it. But, I would like to see him turn into a weapon. At least against weaker teams.
Jacks1989
There's been a lot of talk that the Jacks need to sign another point guard. Supposedly Keon Thompson is the only proven point guard on the squad. Could Chris Johnson be the backup point guard? ON3 has him listed as a point guard. His senior year wasn't he ranked as the top point guard in the state?

I have just been thinking that he was going to be the starting shooting guard going into the season but could he also be the backup point?

https://www.on3.com/db/chris-johnson-145489/

BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

There's been a lot of talk that the Jacks need to sign another point guard. Supposedly Keon Thompson is the only proven point guard on the squad. Could Chris Johnson be the backup point guard? ON3 has him listed as a point guard. His senior year wasn't he ranked as the top point guard in the state?

I have just been thinking that he was going to be the starting shooting guard going into the season but could he also be the backup point?

https://www.on3.com/db/chris-johnson-145489/

I think you're right. Hayman is going to need help at the 2. Maybe Johnson plays 1/2?
No-look
Keller mentioned earlier that we had seven spots to fill so we should have two more. It's getting kinda late. Are there still good players in the portal? Or maybe go after another freshman? Team looks solid so far on paper.
SCH890
No-look said:

Keller mentioned earlier that we had seven spots to fill so we should have two more. It's getting kinda late. Are there still good players in the portal? Or maybe go after another freshman? Team looks solid so far on paper.
I still feel like there is plenty of time in the portal. But we should sign someone soon to keep that chemistry of the team up.
Jacks1989

Jacks made an offer.
No-look
2026 teams that have reached out
No-look
Are we done recruiting for the year?
BigJack85
No-look said:

Yikes. I hope not. We need another point guard, at minimum. Pretty thick at the three. Another off guard wouldn't hurt.
SCH890
BigJack85 said:

No-look said:

Yikes. I hope not. We need another point guard, at minimum. Pretty thick at the three. Another off guard wouldn't hurt.
It feels like we are unless we get some more walk ons. But we are giving out offers so who even knows with Keller's wild brain.
BigJack85
Looks like we got a guard. 6'0" Keenan Emmanuel. From the the academy of central Florida. Thought we'd go the juco route. Maybe we still grab a juco pg ??
Jacks1989
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
I just watched a few of his highlight videos on the interwebs, and all I can say is WOW! (If you know me, I don't say that often about new guys.) This young man can play! He does not look like someone straight out of high school. Great shooter from deep, and great at getting to the hoop.

Get his signature on the dotted line.
No-look
Wow! Wonder what his 3 point shooting percentage is?
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I just watched a few of his highlight videos on the interwebs, and all I can say is WOW! (If you know me, I don't say that often about new guys.) This young man can play! He does not look like someone straight out of high school. Great shooter from deep, and great at getting to the hoop.

Get his signature on the dotted line.

You ain't kidding about getting to the hoop.
Jacks1989
From a few years back. Talks about Keenan.

https://insidetheloudhouse.com/2022/04/29/syracuse-basketball-interest-canadian-guard-stuffs-stat-sheet/
No-look
Jacks1989 said:

From a few years back. Talks about Keenan.

https://insidetheloudhouse.com/2022/04/29/syracuse-basketball-interest-canadian-guard-stuffs-stat-sheet/
the game stats remind me of AJ. Excited about the additions with what we already have (at least on paper). lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
This young man won't come in and immediately set the world on fire, but he'll add an excellent addition to the bench while he learns and matures in the D-1 college game. I can see him getting 8-9 minutes a game and scoring 6-8 ppg this year. What we don't know is whether he can play defense.

BTW, if you thought Keller played a lot of different combos last year, you ain't seen nothin' yet. The Jacks will be much deeper and more talented than last year. The only overall weakness I see are at the 4 and 5.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

This young man won't come in and immediately set the world on fire, but he'll add an excellent addition to the bench while he learns and matures in the D-1 college game. I can see him getting 8-9 minutes a game and scoring 6-8 ppg this year. What we don't know is whether he can play defense.

BTW, if you thought Keller played a lot of different combos last year, you ain't seen nothin' yet. The Jacks will be much deeper and more talented than last year. The only overall weakness I see are at the 4 and 5.

He's going to learn to play defense or he won't see 8 - 9 minutes…..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.