KenPom Rankings 2019-2020

73,008 Views | 346 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Up to 79 in NET.

Top four in NET are Kansas, Gonzaga, Dayton, and San Diego State. What a year.
sfa17
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Give those guys a trophy of some kind. The odds of pulling that off are astronomical!

Yeah losing 18 games in a row ain't easy. It takes heart and determination
sfa17
SFAJack_76 said:

Up to 79 in NET.

Top four in NET are Kansas, Gonzaga, Dayton, and San Diego State. What a year.

We are actually move up now. I think Bc we are beating teams 20 plus points now. We should have been doing that the whole time
RichieVan
On another note, Liberty's loss to Lipscomb will have a positive impact on the Jacks seeding if we make it to the NCAAs. It was Liberty's second Q4 loss of the year to go along with a Q3 loss. In spite of that, KenPom still has Liberty at #69. So, even with three bad losses, Liberty does not suffer, even though they play in a conference that is just as bad, or worse, than the Southland. I can't understand it.
Meanwhile, most prognosticators has Liberty solidly at 12. This loss should push them down to the 13 line and places the Jacks solidly at 12, and if they run the table, I can see an 11.
jboy93
ESPN has acu picked to beat us Tuesday!?!?!
Pilotgirl
jboy93 said:

Yup...my like 58% at one time
djsfw57
RichieVan said:

Here is the argument for these metrics in a nutshell (using K-State as an example): "Yes, they are 9-20, but they played good teams."

That's it.
So winning doesn't mean a damn thing as long as you play good teams. Makes sense. Too bad they only use that line of thought for power schools.
nacluth
Of the 11 teams above us in the AP rankings, 5 had miserable weeks including #20 WVU & #22 Tech that both lost to Texas and Oklahoma. Also PAC-12 Arizona, Arizona St, and Colorado lost (though Colorado plays Stanford later today).

Marquette was 1-1. Five teams did well the best of which was Michigan St with two ranked wins.

Not that I expect many more votes, but SFA keeps winning while others don't.
RichieVan
Meanwhile, Keller says in a recent interview that he still has to fill out 7 non-conference games next year. And the pundits continue to penalize teams because of their schedule while ignoring the fact good teams won't schedule teams like the Jacks.
SFAJack_76
RichieVan said:

Meanwhile, Keller says in a recent interview that he still has to fill out 7 non-conference games next year. And the pundits continue to penalize teams because of their schedule while ignoring the fact good teams won't schedule teams like the Jacks.
And, there are only eleven non-conference games, son there are only four scheduled.

WBB and VB have the same issue.
cboothe09
47 votes in the AP Poll...Good for #28
LUMBERJACK2005
Pilotgirl said:

jboy93 said:

I'm REALLY nervous about this game.
sfa17
cboothe09 said:

sooooo freaking close
cboothe09
A breakdown of our votes...On 16 ballots with a high of #18 (Jordan Hansen)...Left off of 48 ballots

cboothe09
15 votes in Coaches Poll...Good for #32 overall
nacluth
cboothe09 said:

Only UCLA and Wisconsin jumped us while 5 tumbled. Good movement for one week. Just win and put those seeding committees into a bind.
SFAJack_76
LUMBERJACK2005 said:

Pilotgirl said:

jboy93 said:

I'm REALLY nervous about this game.
Ditto.
cboothe09
I should, but I'm not. Keller has them locked in 1-10. Everyone seems to be playing at a high level and contributing good minutes. Yes, the competition hasn't been great lately, but the team has beaten teams like we expect them to.

ACU will we a tough out at home, but this can be a statement win. We can flex our muscles a little here if we lock in and play to the level we have come to expect. ACU is built like us, but don't have the same depth. Something to keep tucked away here, this is the 15th consecutive game for ACU. The Wildcats have not had a break since January 15.

Play fast and physical. Stay out of foul trouble (Always fun with SLC officials). Crash the boards. Take the crowd out of the game early. DON'T GET CAUGHT LOOKING AHEAD
cboothe09
Current Rankings (3/2/20):
National Polls:
AP: Receiving 47 points (#28 overall...#25 Michigan (94)...#26 Butler (68)...#27 UCLA (54))
USA Today Coaches: Receiving 15 points (#32 overall)
Mid Major Polls:
MidMajor Madness: #19 (Up 2)
CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top-25: #6 (Up 2)
Advanced Metrics:
NET (NCAA): #80
RPI: #86
Haslametrics: #99
Kenpom: #104
BPI (ESPN): #119
wahlwesle
Three of the four games involving top 25 teams resulted in losses for the ranked team tonight.
nacluth
Up to 101 in KP.
Drop 1 to 80 in NET.
CertifiedAxeman98
sfa17
Bracket Matrix averaged our seeding among 86 bracketologist and we have a seeding of about 12.55

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/
nacluth
I doubt the Illinois loss really hurt them, but Houston's loss could knock them out of the top 25.
cboothe09
We are definitely getting some breaks in front of us, but we still have to take care of business on Saturday...Rutgers over Maryland probably helps vault the Scarlet Knights over us. A&M, UConn, and Purdue help

Monday:
Tech lost

Tuesday:
Rutgers 78 - #9 Maryland 67 (While this doesn't help us with rankings, it does help with SOS and NET)
#16 Michigan State 79 - #20 Penn State 71
Purdue 77 - #18 Iowa 68

Wednesday:
Texas A&M 78 - #17 Auburn 75

Thursday:
#19 Ohio State 71 - #23 Illinois 63
UConn 77 - #21 Houston 71

Saturday Upset Alert:
#17 Auburn @ Tennessee
#24 Wisconsin @ Indiana
#10 Louisville @ #20 Virginia

Sunday Upset Alert:
#25 Michigan @ #9 Maryland
Memphis @ # 21 Houston
#18 Iowa @ #23 Illinois
RichieVan
The ironic twist to these rankings is the Joe Lunardi at ESPN now has us playing in the Midwest region in the Tampa pod. The #28 (AP) Lumberjacks, the 13 seed, are pitted against the 4 seed Wisconsin, #24 AP.
Metrics, I guess, huh?
nacluth
Lunardi doesn't follow non-power conference basketball at all. His bracketology is just a show. To be fair, no one I've seen has us higher than a 12, but that's to be expected.

I believe it was the 13-14 Murray St. team that was AP #25 and lost their tournament championship and was left out of the NCAA's despite a 29 win season. The same will happen to the Jacks if we don't win Katy - despite if by a miracle we are ranked.
Rev007
That's a game we can definitely win. However, if we take care of business and win our own tournament (one step at a time), I'd love to see a 1st round matchup with Tech or Illinois. Both situations are highly unlikely because they are probably seeded between 6 and 9. Maybe we meet one of them in the second round!!!!
SFAJack_76
Lunardi has said that he doesn't do what he thinks, but what he thinks the committee will do. Makes sense since if he doesn't come close to the actual bracket, he is out of a job.
sfa17
MVC #1 seed UNI losses to #8 Drake in MVC Tourney

UNI was a #11 seed in joe's bracket. UNI beat drake 6 days ago by more than 20 points

They are probably headed to NIT

SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

MVC #1 seed UNI losses to #8 Drake in MVC Tourney

UNI was a #11 seed in joe's bracket. UNI beat drake 6 days ago by more than 20 points

They are probably headed to NIT

Watched #9 seed Air Force give San Diego State all they could handle last night. On any given day ...
djsfw57
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Joe Lunardi now has SFA a #12 seed playing Butler.
djsfw57
And now I've found 5 bracketology sites that show SFA as a 12 seed. I know that doesn't mean anything, but it's nice that people are starting to think we should be higher than they once thought.
cboothe09
Updated for Saturdays games...

Monday:
Tech lost

Tuesday:
Rutgers 78 - #9 Maryland 67 (While this doesn't help us with rankings, it does help with SOS and NET)
#16 Michigan State 79 - #20 Penn State 71
Purdue 77 - #18 Iowa 68

Wednesday:
Texas A&M 78 - #17 Auburn 75

Thursday:
#19 Ohio State 71 - #23 Illinois 63
UConn 77 - #21 Houston 71

Saturday Upset Alert:
#17 Auburn 85 - Tennessee 63
#24 Wisconsin 60 - Indiana 56
#10 Louisville 54 - #20 Virginia 57
Rutgers also secured another win that will likely vault them back into the top-25...

Sunday Upset Alert:
#25 Michigan @ #9 Maryland
Memphis @ # 21 Houston
#18 Iowa @ #23 Illinois
PurpleForever
It's been a common theme for people to match us up with Butler all year for some reason. Not a huge fan of the matchup, I've watched Butler several times this year and I'm a fan of what they got going.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.