Practice Facility thread

purplitis72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So the practice facility will actually be part of the coliseum? What other improvements are they going to make to the coliseum itself?
SFA Jack Fanatic
purplitis72 said:

So the practice facility will actually be part of the coliseum? What other improvements are they going to make to the coliseum itself?
Yes, it will be attached to and to the east of WRJ.
Jacks4460
    Looks like it is starting... this is from the BOR Agenda for May 18 teleconference..

sorry dont know how to add a screen shot... its says they are starting and the CMAR is asking for 1,369,388 to start...
TallTexan
Have we seen any mockups at all?
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

Looks like it is starting... this is from the BOR Agenda for May 18 teleconference..

sorry dont know how to add a screen shot... its says they are starting and the CMAR is asking for 1,369,388 to start...

4460, what's the completion date on this thing?
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

Jacks4460 said:

i have seen a timeline but to be honest I dont remember I feel like it was Fall Semester 2021
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

TallTexan said:

Jacks4460 said:

i have seen a timeline but to be honest I dont remember I feel like it was Fall Semester 2021

November 2021.

Here's a cut-and-paste of the BOR agenda on the topic:

BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY CONSTRUCTION INITIAL GROSS MAXIMUM PRICE

Explanation: Basketball Practice Facility site work drawings are approximately 90% completed. However, current drawings will allow initial construction activity to begin. The contract with the construction manager-at-risk (CMAR) KDW, authorizes preconstruction project expenditures. To begin construction activity, the regents must authorize project construction expenditures. The CMAR has provided an initial gross maximum price (GMP) for the first phase of construction activity. A contract amendment and approval of an initial GMP will allow construction activity to begin this summer. The regents will consider a total project cost at a later meeting date.

Recommendation: The administration recommends approval of a Basketball Practice Facility CMAR contract amendment with KDW, and an associated initial Basketball Practice Facility construction-related GMP cost of $1,369,388. The administration further recommends presidential authorization to sign the related contract(s) and purchase orders
purplitis72
I was thinking the completion date was in November 2020.
SFA Jack Fanatic

Have they turned dirt on this thing yet?
SFAJack_76
Drove by there last Saturday and utility relocation was still being done. The last I heard was hopefully by late June.
Jacks4460
Ground breaking ceremony looks like this month... Dont know how to attach the page from the BOR agenda..
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Ground breaking ceremony looks like this month... Dont know how to attach the page from the BOR agenda..
I think you are correct. I believe the for show ground breaking has been planned to take place around the July board meeting.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Format didn't copy and paste well, but here it is:

Basketball Practice Facility
Project Manager Physical Plant Architect Populous
Contractor KDW, Ltd.
Scope of Work:
Project Profiles
Construct an addition to the William R Johnson Coliseum that will include a basketball practice facility and house men's and women's basketball operations and associated support facilities.
Funding source: Revenue Financing Bond Proceeds
Key Milestones:
Begun: December 2018
Expected Completion: May 2021
Project estimate of $26,000,000 approved by the regents on October 28, 2018
Project Status:
Programmingandsitesurveycompleted
Constructiondrawings50%completed
Undergroundutilityrelocationworkcompleted
KDWwaitingonfinishfloorelevationcertificate(TwoFifteenConsultingpreparing) GroundbreakingceremonytobeheldwithJulyboardmeeting
Project Budget Expenditure Encumbered Total to Date Variance
26,000,000 493,703 1,209,304 1,703,007 24,296,993
SFAJack_76
Link to the July Board meeting information. 616 pages is all.

http://www.sfasu.edu/sites/default/files/2019-07/bor-report-07.21-23.2019.pdf
Page 2 of 2

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.