Practice Facility thread

58,041 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth
I'll retract Ed. They definitely have been working. I'll try to take some up close shots on one of my "essential" runs around town.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I'll retract Ed. They definitely have been working. I'll try to take some up close shots on one of my "essential" runs around town.

Don't play with our emotions, Ryan. Looking forward to some closeups.
PurpleOut
Staff
I asked Ivey on his live IG Q&A and he said that full construction is still underway and not being impacted by COVID. They are still behind however just due to the rain that we've had in past months.
jboy93
Any new pictures that could be shared from anyone? I hope all of the rain has not slowed progress down too much!
nacluth
I'll try to swing by today.
nacluth
jboy93 said:

Any new pictures that could be shared from anyone? I hope all of the rain has not slowed progress down too much!
I went by this morning. I took my big camera to take some nice shots, but actually there were so many people working that I felt a little conspicuous. So, I ended up just taking some shots from my car with my phone. I will try to go on one of my family's walks this weekend.

1.) They have put up fencing around the site and inside the fencing, they have erected some temporary retaining wall structures that now shield most of the work site from visibility. Here's a look from the corner.

2.) Looking through a break in the wall, you can see that while no actual structure is going up yet, they are working on getting the foundation supports built. Not pictured here, but on the inside of the retaining wall you can see more structural supports for the edges of the future building as well.

3.) Looking into the tunnel area from the outside. The shadows of the morning light don't reveal much. For the most part when I have driven by at night, I think the tunnel is mainly finished from a structural point of view. They will have to build in the walls and lighting once they get the outside building finished.

PurpleOut
Staff
Nice, thanks for sharing!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Thanks, Ryan. It appears that Lake WRJ has finally dried up and disappeared from the face of the Earth. Good riddance.
jboy93
Great to see. We have a major build happening here at TJC and they have been going full steam ahead with everything that is going on. Glad to see they are doing the same at SFA!
jboy93
Story about the new facility on KTRE sports web page. Ivey said progress has slowed some due to all of the rain but things are progressing. The video shows exterior walls etc. for anyone that wants to take a look.
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

Story about the new facility on KTRE sports web page. Ivey said progress has slowed some due to all of the rain but things are progressing. The video shows exterior walls etc. for anyone that wants to take a look.
Construction is about two months behind the original timeline. March 2021, has been the estimated completion date for a few months now. Perhaps we have favorable weather through the summer, and can make up a little time.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

jboy93 said:

Construction is about two months behind the original timeline. March 2021, has been the estimated completion date for a few months now. Perhaps we have favorable weather through the summer, and can make up a little time.
Yeah I was worried it was going to be much longer delay, but I thought the initial complete date was early 2021 anyway.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
I agree with Matt that the coliseum needs a giant SFA logo on the roof.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

I agree with Matt that the coliseum needs a giant SFA logo on the roof.
I was only half joking, plenty of things that need to be done other than that. But it's definitely not pretty right now from above.
SFAXE93
I've often thought that every time I fly over in my private helicopter
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAXE93 said:

I've often thought that every time I fly over in my private helicopter
SFAJack_76
Almost ready is a stretch.

Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Almost ready is a stretch.

dude that was my exact first thought... shoot they gotta long way to go...
BigJack85
From my vantage point in the construction process, once the red iron is starting to go up and top out, the other processes (trades) start to move much quicker.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
Nice, planning on walking by tomorrow so hopefully I can get a picture or two. Looks like they have at least a minimal walkway about done.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Can't wait. Gonna be nice!! And (hopefully) a recruiting magnet.
PurpleOut
Staff
Left my phone at the tailgate so didn't get any pictures, but looks like it's starting to come along. There's a small part of the ramp that's completed, but heard they're expecting the majority of the entrance ramp to be completed in the next few weeks.

Excited to (hopefully) get back and get inside for a game soon. The new suite boxes are supposed to be nice.
nacluth
Putting up giant girders today. Really impressive.

SFAJack_76
Saw Ivey on our way in to the game. Target completion date is July 19.
jboy93
So are the new seats above the new tunnel taking the premium seats off of the floor?
nacluth
jboy93 said:

So are the new seats above the new tunnel taking the premium seats off of the floor?
I think only during COVID. My guess is that if we can get back to close contact then the on court experience will resume.

I haven't looked in them, but they just look like decent chairs with a table in front of them.
CertifiedAxeman98
nacluth said:

jboy93 said:

I think only during COVID. My guess is that if we can get back to close contact then the on court experience will resume.

I haven't looked in them, but they just look like decent chairs with a table in front of them.
Looks like the boxes are still under construction when I was there on Friday. Is there food that comes with those seats? It looks like they may have a place for a buffet behind the seating (no buffet with COVID).

I wouldn't pay more to sit there since they are off in the corner. I prefer to sit closer to half court.
PurpleOut
Staff
Courtside seats are gone just for this year, it's an actual restriction that spectators can't be within __ feet of the court. Which is why the first two rows of seats are blocked off too.

They should be mostly done. They'll have TVs and everything like a normal suite box.
jboy93
Is the expectation to be in the new building sometime this coming up season?
BigJack85
I thought the most recent update said they would be nearing completion in August?
PurpleOut
Staff
Yep. They fell behind a little more with the winter storm, but the goal is to be "moved" in before the Fall semester starts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.