Practice Facility thread

57,893 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAJack_76
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

Yep. They fell behind a little more with the winter storm, but the goal is to be "moved" in before the Fall semester starts.

We still need to paint a giant SFA symbol on top of WRJ before they do the drone photos of the new place.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Yep. They fell behind a little more with the winter storm, but the goal is to be "moved" in before the Fall semester starts.

We still need to paint a giant SFA symbol on top of WRJ before they do the drone photos of the new place.
Ryan Ivey would be pleased to accept your donation to pay for it. I don't disagree with doing it, but the current needs far outweigh any wants.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Ryan Ivey would be pleased to accept your donation to pay for it. I don't disagree with doing it, but the current needs far outweigh any wants.

If I thought I could tape it out to scale, I'd go paint it for them.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

In kind donations are very acceptable.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

In kind donations are very acceptable.

Ok so what Saturday are we doing this?
SFAXE93
ljax1979
I'm in awe....take a bow Ryan Ivey and staff. I personally love the axe handles in the hallway going to the players area. Mercy...very impressive.
SFAXE93
What a place to show future recruits.

New facility, in a new conference, with more exposure, watch the recruits pour in now.
SFAJack_76
Current target completion date is mid August. At best.
jboy93
It's been two months since any updates or pictures...any Nac. locals have anything to share?
nacluth
Not a lot of outside progress since getting all the glass in around the court. I'm assuming that the rain hasn't slowed down all the inside progress since the building is mainly dried in.
BigJack85
Drove by the practice facility today. Looks great. Nice angles. Etc Etc. Etc. But, I still have to ask , is there a plan to improve the "aged" William R Johnson antique looking facade?
PurpleOut
Staff
I was pretty sure that was part of the plan, but didn't see it listed anywhere.

Planning on going by tomorrow when I'm in town for the day.
jboy93
I heard that things are starting to look really good on the outside of the new facility. Any updates from those that are in the know?
PurpleOut
Staff
Haven't been in town in a few weeks, but I've heard it's coming along and looking really nice. I'd assume it will start to go quicker now that we're towards the end. Can't wait to see the final product.
nacluth
I go by several times a day. They are starting to put decorative wood laminated shutters on the outside. It's looking good, but I still can't imagine an October completion date.
PurpleOut
Staff
May not be a "completion date" but more of a "move in" date. I feel like I remember them saying initially that the plan was to get everyone moved in before everything was 100% finished.
nacluth
A drive by last night.

PurpleOut
Staff
Nice, they BETTER be working at night to get this completed.
nacluth
I don't think anyone was working, but the lights were on.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76
October 23, is the latest target. I know they want to have a ribbon cutting during homecoming.
PurpleOut
Staff
Still on target, but it's going to be close, still have a lot of work to do.

They are hoping to do tours (starting with the highest donors first I believe) during/after Homecoming.
jboy93
PurpleOut said:

They are hoping to do tours (starting with the highest donors first I believe) during/after Homecoming.
Maybe I can tag along with Ed cause I KNOW he's on the big time donor list!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

PurpleOut said:

Maybe I can tag along with Ed cause I KNOW he's on the big time donor list!!!

I think I'm hovering somewhere near the bottom of the barrel.

Are they still on track to finish by the 23rd and have a ribbon cutting and tours shortly thereafter?
jboy93
Also, is the entrance to the actual coliseum changing? I hope so because it needs a lot of work!
PurpleOut
Staff
jboy93 said:

Also, is the entrance to the actual coliseum changing? I hope so because it needs a lot of work!
It is. The front facade and the overhang will be redone. But this will be a Phase 2 thing, so not sure on the timing.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

jboy93 said:

It is. The front facade and the overhang will be redone. But this will be a Phase 2 thing, so not sure on the timing.
I hope the timing is quick. Bc it sure could use it.
wahlwesle
It looks like they've got exercise equipment in the weight room now.
PurpleOut
Staff
wahlwesle said:

They've had some of that part done for a while, they have some field turf and a really nice area that all small sports will be able to take advantage of.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

wahlwesle said:

They've had some of that part done for a while, they have some field turf and a really nice area that all small sports will be able to take advantage of.

This will be a nice addition.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

wahlwesle said:

What are "small sports"?
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

wahlwesle said:

What are "small sports"?

Just meaning small as in the size of their roster (ie not the football team).
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

wahlwesle said:

What are "small sports"?

Just meaning small as in the size of their roster (ie not the football team).
I'm still not clear on who the small sports are. Do you mean everyone except football? Soccer has 33 on the roster. Softball has 25. Track and field has 94. Other than football, there are about 325 student athletes.
SFAJack_76
Ribbon cutting still on for October 29. Meet the Jacks on November 2, and a Chamber Business After Hours event on November 4.

Practice floor won't be finished until late November. The floor finishing process takes about 20 days, and there wasn't enough time to get it done before the scheduled events, so it is being left covered until after November 4.

Aside from the important stuff, there was a rumor going around campus that there is a hair salon in the facility. And, a hair dresser has been hired that will make a salary of $60,000. Reality is there was an unused nook that the players wanted to use for cutting each other's hair. There has been a barber's chair put in there. An absurd example of some of what is going on from the anti-athletics group.

Rain has delayed the track project. The old track has been completely removed. Completion depends on weather.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.