Practice Facility thread

58,072 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAJack_76
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Ribbon cutting still on for October 29. Meet the Jacks on November 2, and a Chamber Business After Hours event on November 4.

Practice floor won't be finished until late November. The floor finishing process takes about 20 days, and there wasn't enough time to get it done before the scheduled events, so it is being left covered until after November 4.

Aside from the important stuff, there was a rumor going around campus that there is a hair salon in the facility. And, a hair dresser has been hired that will make a salary of $60,000. Reality is there was an unused nook that the players wanted to use for cutting each other's hair. There has been a barber's chair put in there. An absurd example of some of what is going on from the anti-athletics group.

Rain has delayed the track project. The old track has been completely removed. Completion depends on weather.
So after the ribbon cutting, will there be tours etc. to be able to see the facilities?
nacluth
They have now installed mood lighting around the exterior. The LEDs change color to give different highlights. At least there's a purple in there.

They have also added a large LED sign that doesn't seem to be working yet as the main signage for the Coliseum on University Drive.
jboy93
Not a fan of these little teaser videos they are releasing where the teams are going through the new facilities. Show us more please!
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
PurpleOut
Staff
Haven't really seen anyone (except us on the forum) mention that they are having a grand opening ceremony this morning.

SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Haven't really seen anyone (except us on the forum) mention that they are having a grand opening ceremony this morning.

I have seen zero about it. Don't have any idea about who, what, when.
wahlwesle
The word I got is that the ribbon cutting was invite only.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth
Drove by this morning as people were showing up. Thought about pulling in. Looked like they were doing an outside sign unveiling.
PurpleOut
Staff
Kind of thought we would have made a bigger deal about the opening.

A live feed would have been awesome.
PurpleOut
Staff
jboy93
jboy93 said:

Hopefully they are already planning on bringing back some of the players/coaches that have laid the foundation for this to be possible in a huge grand opening etc.! Would be great to see Walkup, Parker, Haymond, Kasper, Portia Hill, Trina Tillis, I could go on but just to mention a few!
Well I guess this wasn't in the cards! Oh well it still looks great!
jboy93
jboy93 said:

jboy93 said:

Hopefully they are already planning on bringing back some of the players/coaches that have laid the foundation for this to be possible in a huge grand opening etc.! Would be great to see Walkup, Parker, Haymond, Kasper, Portia Hill, Trina Tillis, I could go on but just to mention a few!
Loddie could have sent some of his jets around to pick up some big names!
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

jboy93 said:

jboy93 said:

Loddie could have sent some of his jets around to pick up some big names!

Should get a Loddie jet flyover for one of the football games.
PurpleOut
Staff
Walked by this morning. They already updated the facade of the coliseum itself. They took off the WRJ lettering and painted the entire thing the same dark color as the practice facility. Even without the lettering, it looks 1000 times better.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Walked by this morning. They already updated the facade of the coliseum itself. They took off the WRJ lettering and painted the entire thing the same dark color as the practice facility. Even without the lettering, it looks 1000 times better.

I thought it looked different when we walked by last night but wasn't sure. Gonna stop by in the light and look at it.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
The facility is everything you have heard, and more.

Finish the floor after the Chamber event in Thursday. About two weeks. Teams should be in there around Thanksgiving. All details are expected to be completed in January. Some materials being waited on.
nacluth
Does anyone know if the concrete walls on the outside are finished or are they still going to do more to them?
wahlwesle
It looks really nice and I'm sure I'm being too picky, but I wish they would've used a little more purple, at least in the locker room itself. Without the big Lumberjacks sign on the ceiling, you wouldn't be able to tell who it belonged to at a glance.
SFAJack_76
wahlwesle said:

It looks really nice and I'm sure I'm being too picky, but I wish they would've used a little more purple, at least in the locker room itself. Without the big Lumberjacks sign on the ceiling, you wouldn't be able to tell who it belonged to at a glance.
I don't know what or where, but graphics are something not completed yet.
nacluth
It's impressive how close to the original graphics walk through from two years ago that the completed building is.

SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Are opponents' dressing rooms in the new addition?
PurpleOut
Staff
No they'll be using the old locker rooms (assuming the old home locker rooms) and old tunnel.

I'm actually curious what they are going to do with the rest of the spaces/offices back there now.
nacluth
I was just about to buy season tickets. I forgot we're switching ends for benches. I was about to screw up.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

No they'll be using the old locker rooms (assuming the old home locker rooms) and old tunnel.

I'm actually curious what they are going to do with the rest of the spaces/offices back there now.

At one of the coaches tours I heard that some of the area will be coaches offices for soccer. As the back side of the arena faces the soccer fields.
jboy93
Drove through Nac. on my way back to Tyler and looked around the outside of the new facilities. Looks like the new practice floor is a replica of the coliseum floor and not like the one from the video. They had it locked down tight. Tried every door to see if someone missed one but to no avail! Dang it!
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Put the new signage out front.

TallTexan
Looks great.
SFAXE93

SFAXE93

nacluth
Nice to see them finally on the court.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Nice to see them finally on the court.
Hard to fully tell, but that looks like Posey dressed out on the left.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.