Practice Facility thread

57,934 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Saw where they had pulled a lot of rows of Coliseum seats and put them outside. Couldn't say what the plans are whether cleaning or replacing.

Interesting. I wonder if they're removing some of them on the east side, even temporarily, to prepare for the eventual connection of the arena to the performance center. (Just wildly guessing here. I'm probably getting way ahead of things...) If so, that would make the Coliseum a bit more intimate this year.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Saw where they had pulled a lot of rows of Coliseum seats and put them outside. Couldn't say what the plans are whether cleaning or replacing.

Interesting. I wonder if they're removing some of them on the east side, even temporarily, to prepare for the eventual connection of the arena to the performance center. (Just wildly guessing here. I'm probably getting way ahead of things...) If so, that would make the Coliseum a bit more intimate this year.
Correct. We were in Nac yesterday and saw the seats, and the lighting improvements on Wilson. What I found out was the seats are removed from section 122 (?) for the new tunnel, which will be similar to what is now on the south end. They have to remove the entire section to build the tunnel. Once it is done, all but about fifty seats go back.

We also drove by the new beach volleyball courts. Progress, but a lot of work still to be done.
nacluth

Maybe hard to tell from this long range shot with my iPhone, but this is the northeast corner of the Coliseum along University. They have taken the wall from the corner to about 100 feet out. On the left side of the pic, you can see the roof of the tunnel going down...at least that's what it looks like from the road.

I guess I had assumed that the tunnel would "tunnel" under the current concourse, but at least to my untrained eye, it looks like it will start higher up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Maybe hard to tell from this long range shot with my iPhone, but this is the northeast corner of the Coliseum along University. They have taken the wall from the corner to about 100 feet out. On the left side of the pic, you can see the roof of the tunnel going down...at least that's what it looks like from the road.

I guess I had assumed that the tunnel would "tunnel" under the current concourse, but at least to my untrained eye, it looks like it will start higher up.
Can you take one in daylight?
nacluth
I'll try Ed. I stopped in the road to take the picture which was probably easier at 10 at night than in the day, but I'll see if the day shots can orient you more.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I'll try Ed. I stopped in the road to take the picture which was probably easier at 10 at night than in the day, but I'll see if the day shots can orient you more.
It's summer school, Ryan. Stopping in the middle of University Drive should be a piece of cake.
nacluth
So it was. So my night shot was from a similar angle to the second shot.

SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

So it was. So my night shot was from a similar angle to the second shot.

Thanks. Looking good...
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98
Does anyone know if the entrance into WRJ will be completed enough to remove the sheet rock that is obstructing views of some seats before the season starts in November?
nacluth
I don't know where they are fully going with this project, but my guess is that there will be some seats affected in the short term. I believe there will be plenty of room until the busy games in the spring.
SFAJack_76
cboothe09
Went to the UH/Cincy game Sunday and saw the Fertitta Center. Looks a LOT like what we are getting (Just a liiittttlllleee bigger) facade and all. On a side note, i plan on catching a game there this year. I REALLY want to catch the UH/Oklahoma State game...
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Went to the UH/Cincy game Sunday and saw the Fertitta Center. Looks a LOT like what we are getting (Just a liiittttlllleee bigger) facade and all. On a side note, i plan on catching a game there this year. I REALLY want to catch the UH/Oklahoma State game...

When my son, a UH grad, was here on leave from Afghanistan a couple of months ago we sneaked into the recently renovated Fertitta Center (someone left a door unlocked). It is a VERY nice facility. When I win the lottery I will make a donation to SFA that will make the Fertitta Center look like HBU's barn in comparison to ours. (I guess I'd better start playing the lottery to increase my odds of winning.)
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

cboothe09 said:

When my son, a UH grad, was here on leave from Afghanistan a couple of months ago we sneaked into the recently renovated Fertitta Center (someone left a door unlocked). It is a VERY nice facility. When I win the lottery I will make a donation to SFA that will make the Fertitta Center look like HBU's barn in comparison to ours. (I guess I'd better start playing the lottery to increase my odds of winning.)

Ease your way in. Start with Powerball once a week. Then twice. Then add mega millions. Shouldnt take you too long to win if you play all the time.
TallTexan
BigJack85
Will the new practice facility (Basketball Performance) include new offices and locker rooms for MBB? That was my guess. I also expect them to remodel the south side of WRJ for WBB? Thoughts , insight?
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Will the new practice facility (Basketball Performance) include new offices and locker rooms for MBB? That was my guess. I also expect them to remodel the south side of WRJ for WBB? Thoughts , insight?
Yes. For both men and women.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Second question, more specifically. Will women's basketball take over the south side (old offices and locker room) and will the men get new digs in the Basketball Performance Ctr?
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Second question, more specifically. Will women's basketball take over the south side (old offices and locker room) and will the men get new digs in the Basketball Performance Ctr?
No. Men and women both in the new facilities.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Both programs should benefit from the new facility...and so glad to see that they will!
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Both programs should benefit from the new facility...and so glad to see that they will!

Can't wait to see the new digs!
TallTexan
Wow. Just wow.

PurpleOut
Staff
I'm freaking out.
SFAXE93

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I'm freaking out.
It looks freaking awesome. That's a big time basketball facility.

And I hope that in the near future we give WRJ's facade an update to match on the front.
djsfw57
That is very impressive. I'd love to see it in person. Maybe one day I"ll get to come back to Nacogdoches and see a game in person.
SFA, Class of 1979
purpleballs
That's awesome. That will have to impress recruits, as well as making it back to the big dance.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

I'm freaking out.
It looks freaking awesome. That's a big time basketball facility.

And I hope that in the near future we give WRJ's facade an update to match on the front.
Sign up to be the next BMD. I'm sure Ivey can put your money to quality aesthetic use.
SFAJack_76
Which of us ever dreamed there would be a facility like this at SFA? Not me. Awesome.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Powerball tomorrow night, play heavy my friend and get your name enshrined!!

In all seriousness, this whole project looks fantastic. Could certainly be a game changer in recruiting and a big step towards our top Mid Major hopes and dreams.
Ljacks&Longnecks
SFAJack_76 said:

Which of us ever dreamed there would be a facility like this at SFA? Not me. Awesome.

You are so correct 76. Thinking back to win you finished at SFA and I started there and remembering what the campus looked like at the time plus NAIA status back then, this would not even have been a dream.
I could not have consumed enough longnecks to have thought this up.

Hope it pays great dividends to the student athletes and SFA.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I don't know who Loddie Naymola is, but I could give her/him a big, long, wet kiss on the mouth right now!!! (Well, if it's a her...)
Ljacks&Longnecks
Ah...story about him and other names is on the athletics website.
nacluth
Here's the story: https://sfajacks.com/news/2020/1/27/general-sfa-athletics-announces-namings-rights-for-coliseum-expansion-project.aspx

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.