WAC Hoops 2022-2023

22,381 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Head coach, Mark Madsen, probably won't make the trip to Vega since his wife is due in a few days. with their fourth child.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No-look said:

Woodbury is the only significant senior on the team.
However …
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Shamir Bogues just followed me on Twitter...then he jumped into the portal.
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

Shamir Bogues just followed me on Twitter...then he jumped into the portal.



That would be epic.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

Shamir Bogues just followed me on Twitter...then he jumped into the portal.
is he a point or 2 guard?
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

Shamir Bogues just followed me on Twitter...then he jumped into the portal.
is he a point or 2 guard?


I thought Bogues played 1 & 2 slots.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shamir Bogues 6-4 (Jr.)

2022-23: Average 10 points a game, started every game; 24 points; 9 rebounds; 4 ASTS; 2 steals at Sam Houston

2021-22: ALL WAC Defensive Team (55 steals for the season 3rd in the WAC) 18 blocks
Started 29 games; 7.1 PPG (46.3%) 3.5 RPG; 2 APG
Scored a career high (at the time) 20 points against Kansas

Jacks1989
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If the Jacks landed Shamir our backcourt would be great. Latrell, AJ and Shamir. I like how that sounds.
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks1989 said:

If the Jacks landed Shamir our backcourt would be great. Latrell, AJ and Shamir. I like how that sounds.


All 1st team - all conference back court (Bogues, Cajuste, Jossell) + solid wings (Armbrester, Hayman and Staine) + an actual frontcourt (Jalil grows up/Southwick plays the role of banger) = conference title contender.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93 said:

Shamir Bogues 6-4 (Jr.)

2022-23: Average 10 points a game, started every game; 24 points; 9 rebounds; 4 ASTS; 2 steals at Sam Houston

2021-22: ALL WAC Defensive Team (55 steals for the season 3rd in the WAC) 18 blocks
Started 29 games; 7.1 PPG (46.3%) 3.5 RPG; 2 APG
Scored a career high (at the time) 20 points against Kansas




Bring Bogues home!
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking at UTU Bandaogo stats for this year. Averaging Over 11 points, 10 rebounds per game and has 105 blocked shots for the year.
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If it's not SFA I hope he doesn't stay in the WAC
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It would be hard not to want to play for Utah Valley.
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No-look said:

If it's not SFA I hope he doesn't stay in the WAC


IMO, the only reason why SFA apparently hasn't offered him is what we've discussed in these forums -- SFA needs a point guard and a big. He's neither of those.
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now both point guards. They're defecting down there at UTRGV
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wheather you hate or love New Mexico State that program has a huge following. Some of the fans are a little rabid but thats what a winning culture can do… last year was a dumpster fire that's gonna smoke up the air for a while. The more I think about Hooten taking over the more I think that it was a good hire. May take a couple years for Hooten to have success but those fans will want it now.
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No-look said:

Wheather you hate or love New Mexico State that program has a huge following. Some of the fans are a little rabid but thats what a winning culture can do… last year was a dumpster fire that's gonna smoke up the air for a while. The more I think about Hooten taking over the more I think that it was a good hire. May take a couple years for Hooten to have success but those fans will want it now.



He (Hooten) is a great hire. Sam people don't get it, what they had.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good numbers for Will Johnson. Two years left
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adios, Utah Valley.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.