WAC Hoops 2022-2023

20,870 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Exciting night around the WAC. Sam loses to GCU in OT. UTRGV misses a shot at the buzzer to win against Seattle. Tarleton knocks off Southern Utah in a nail biter.
SFA88
nacluth said:

And Sam goes down again. Reality bites.
Rayshon Harrison put GCU on his back as GCU came from 9 down to win in overtime. Harrison had 28 points. It appeared that Harrison suddenly realized he could take every Sam player off the the dribble.
No-look
nacluth said:

Looks like GCU could be without Blackshear. Went down early with some kind of injury and didn't return.
SFA88
No-look said:

nacluth said:

Looks like GCU could be without Blackshear. Went down early with some kind of injury and didn't return.
The second time he has been out with an ankle injury this year. It's GCU's turn to have some injuries as they have 3 players out.
SFA88
ESPN website says there were only 777 people at that Sam/GCU game. They must not like basketball in Huntsville.
SFAXE93
Big loss for GCU

SFAXE93
No-look
Feeling sorry for the defensive guy. He has a family. Lol
nacluth
Too bad Jon doesn't know that Sam always chokes at the end of the year.

nacluth
First half tonight but UTRGV is about to hit 50 points against ACU. Where has ACU's defense gone? They have been lost so far in conference play.
No-look
Uncharacteristic of ACU. Side note, UTRGV has lost some close games to good teams.
nacluth
ACU absolutely handled by UTRGV 103-86. A double digit lead for the whole game. ACU 1-3, UTRGV 1-4.
No-look
Watching Cal Baptist and Utah Valley. They have some big players. Our front court is small compared to most teams in the WAC
Pilotgirl
CBU and UVU a 2 pt game with 25 seconds left. Cbu ahead. Uvu has the ball....
nacluth
And Utah Valley wins. Winners find ways to win. That was a gritty game.
No-look
Cal got too conservative in those last possessions. Up six with two minutes. Should have put them away. Good ballgame.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

And Utah Valley wins. Winners find ways to win. That was a gritty game.

Yup....stretching out those 4.9 seconds! Lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
Prison Tech lost by twelve on the road at SUU. I guess they'll gain one spot in the NET for a road loss and their seeding for the WAC tournament won't change. (Sarcasm, if you couldn't tell.)
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Prison Tech lost by twelve on the road at SUU. I guess they'll gain one spot in the NET for a road loss and their seeding for the WAC tournament won't change. (Sarcasm, if you couldn't tell.)
They probably won't drop. Some team they played in non conference won against a team that played another team
djsfw57
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

They probably won't drop. Some team they played in non conference won against a team that played another team
LOL That was the best post this week!
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
Looking at the UTA/NMSU game. NMSU has scored 5 points over the last 13 minutes of play. They are truly terrible right now.
No-look
nacluth said:

Looking at the UTA/NMSU game. NMSU has scored 5 points over the last 13 minutes of play. They are truly terrible right now.
. I had hope for them at halftime. Had a lead but cratered second half. Bad year all around for NMSU
PurpleOut
Staff
NMSU may have just given up on their season.

A 111-76 loss to Southern Utah.

I mean, the Thunderbirds are pretty solid, but that's rough.
No-look
Tarletons defense is good. They just can't score
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
Grand Canyon WBB goes down to Cal Baptist 78-70. GCU drops out of a tie with SFA in conference play. Not really surprised by this result, since GCU has had several close calls since they upset SFA a while back.
No-look
Sam leads UTRGV 36-33 at the half. Huefner has zero points and some turnovers
No-look
Big games this week. Undefeated Seattle comes to Sam Thursday and to SFA Saturday. Time to get a win streak going. Defend the home court!
PurpleOut
Staff
That Sam game is going to really hurt us in the end I think. A win in Huntsville, as much as we've been used to that, would have been massive with this new point system.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

That Sam game is going to really hurt us in the end I think. A win in Huntsville, as much as we've been used to that, would have been massive with this new point system.

For sure. I'm not sure all the coaches are behind this "resume" seeding. I listened to an interview with the SUU WBB coach. When the topic of "resume" seeding came up, she was clearly uncomfortable, less than supportive.

The WAC is the 11-14 ranked conference, depending on the rating system. I don't think there's a clean solution for this. I wouldn't mind seeing a WAC vs MVC challenge next year. That would have some good games that benefited both conferences.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Let's just say Seattle had a bad first half against Sam. Playing at that cursed coliseum is horrendous your first time and Seattle is feeling it.
No-look
nacluth said:

Let's just say Seattle had a bad first half against Sam. Playing at that cursed coliseum is horrendous your first time and Seattle is feeling it.
. Two bad halves for Seattle. Lol
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

nacluth said:

. Two bad halves for Seattle. Lol
Attendance 1,845.
SFAXE93
No-look
I have to call goal tending on this one

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.