WAC Hoops 2022-2023

21,170 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good crowd!

SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

I have to call goal tending on this one

It was on the way down. How could they not call that??
SFAXE93
The WAC is a fun conference

nacluth
Tarleton has been perfect at home this season and they are dismantling Grand Canyon right now. 27 points up with 15 minutes left.
No-look
Texas WAC went 4-0 tonight against out of state teams.
SFAXE93
BigJack85
Grand Canyon's basketball website has actual criticism of the basketball team. Good for them. A little accuracy helps reporting in general.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
I have Sam as #5 on my midmajor board as well. That's because they are in 5th place in the WAC.

SFAXE93
PurpleOut
Staff
Odd timing, they were starting to play well.

SFAJack_76
TallTexan

They're suspending operations.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Really unbelievable, but the program has been just making it since November.
No-look
Will their two wins be forfeited?
nacluth
Probably but I doubt the loss will be. And I doubt ours will be too.
Jyank24
nacluth
I guess everyone just qualified for WACVegas. All the schools social media departments can dump their "we made it" posts now.
No-look
nacluth said:

I guess everyone just qualified for WACVegas. All the schools social media departments can dump their "we made it" posts now.
It's a jungle out there. Lol
SFAXE93
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/new-mexico-state-suspends-mens-basketball-program-indefinitely-over-multiple-reported-hazing-incidents-023416875.html
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/new-mexico-state-suspends-mens-basketball-program-indefinitely-over-multiple-reported-hazing-incidents-023416875.html
It would seem that NMSU's new coaching staff didn't do a very good job of evaluating the guys they recruited to fill all of those empty roster spots last year. Not exactly "Salt of the Earth" kind of guys.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAXE93 said:

It would seem that NMSU's new coaching staff didn't do a very good job of evaluating the guys they recruited to fill all of those empty roster spots last year. Not exactly "Salt of the Earth" kind of guys.
. That's what I was thinking. New D1 coach that just went after talent. This will most likely come back on him but I do think he got a raw deal on some of what all happened.
SFAXE93
This is Baylor Basketball 2003 all over again.
Jacks1989
One of the players at New Mexico St (Kyle Feit) played with AJ at Indian River. 6' 4" guard.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Shahar Lazar, an Israeli MBB player at NMSU, has entered the transfer portal. Probably the first of many. He said the values of the Aggie MBB program do not align with his.
Pilotgirl
Program needs to be burned to the ground.
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

https://youtu.be/QnIjc6Jmi8
They lit their own fuse, that's for sure.
BigJack85
djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

https://youtu.be/QnIjc6Jmi8
They lit their own fuse, that's for sure.

The whole thing is a gigantic mess.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
My nature is to defend coaches as much as possible but this has some serious implications. I hope the coaching staff was oblivious to all this.
No-look
The WAC powers that be are trying to decide what to do with NMS games wins, loses and games to not be played. How will it effect us? Also ACU has two remaining games with NMS.
Pilotgirl
No-look said:

My nature is to defend coaches as much as possible but this has some serious implications. I hope the coaching staff was oblivious to all this.

A coach should know of...or be aware of what is going on in the locker room. Reports are that other players never did anything about it either. All of this with the gun violence from last semester= no leadership and a program out of control. You have to get rid of coaches and staff. How many other people have to get hurt before the school /staff takes responsibility?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Agree with PG here.....Coaches Must make their best efforts to know what goes on in and around their program. At least try to give the young men some guidance and advice on making their way in the world beyond them and their college time. If trouble or bad influencers come on board, fail to adhere to team rules or values then coaches need to remove them. A "team" that blows off the coaches and does what they want and how they want is no team at all. Buy in or get out......that is of course if they have a coaching staff that is above board and has any deceny towards the kids. That is also a concern in sports.
Coaches are ultimately responsible for the team and all that comes with it. This will haunt NMSU for a long time. I'm sure Conference USA is real happy with this news.
SFAXE93
No-look
ACU just picked up a couple wins
wahlwesle
Not only do the opponents get the wins, but they get extra nights off to rest too. Not a bad thing for them this late in the season in my opinion. I'm sure others may see it as a potential momentum killer though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.