2019 SFA Baseball

81,442 Views | 396 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks mid-week woes continue with a 6-4 loss to Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
Can't wait to see the headline for this one. Up 12-9 going into bottom of the eleventh.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Can't wait to see the headline for this one. Up 12-9 going into bottom of the eleventh.

So, which pitcher coughed up a hairball in this one?
Jacks4460
I followed the game today and after the game I was thinking the same thing..
SFAJack_76
"Campbell Clobbers Two Homers in 'Jacks' Wild Back-and-Forth Battle at No. 19 UCSB"

Gamez and Grabowske set the table for Hearn to give up the game ending grand slam. Nobody out.

Campbell starting to hit is good news, but ....
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

"Campbell Clobbers Two Homers in 'Jacks' Wild Back-and-Forth Battle at No. 19 UCSB"

Gamez and Grabowske set the table for Hearn to give up the game ending grand slam. Nobody out.

Campbell starting to hit is good news, but ....

76 you are on a roll dude.. hehehehehehe.. good stuff..
SFAJack_76
SFA 0/1/2
UCSB 7/14/1

"SFA Ends First Series in California Sunday at 19th-Ranked UC Santa Barbara"

Laugh out loud funny ... or sad ... or both.
SFAJack_76
The promotion for the last home weekend series was free admission for all youth teams and coaches in team shirts. Over the three games, I saw exactly zero youth teams taking advantage of the deal. Maybe fireworks?

SFAJack_76
The important series starts Friday.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
"Possibly a tornado" is now in the forecast for tomorrow. Yikes, be careful Nac.
SFAJack_76
Perfect evening for baseball. Really light crowd for the first pitch. Maybe 25 Sam fans.
SFAJack_76
Top ninth. Sam up 3-2. Jacks had first and third no outs in eighth. Pop up, strike out, pop up.

Palmer pitched eight solid innings against a very good hitting team.
BigJack85
Bummer. Bummer. I'm tired of relying on women's bowling to get my "Beat Sam" fix. Just kidding. I know we beat them in plenty of sports but this year has not been good. Not at all. Football and MBB laid an egg. WBB and Volleyball did there part but I'm not exactly shuddering with orgasmic energy over those "lesser" sports.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Final

Sam 4/10/1
SFA 2/9/1

Winnable game.
PurpleOut
Staff
I hope we can get the next two games in (assuming a Sunday DH). Sam doesn't have near the pitching that we normally see from them. Their Sat/Sun starters aren't good. Unfortunately our bad hitting might cancel that out.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

I hope we can get the next two games in (assuming a Sunday DH). Sam doesn't have near the pitching that we normally see from them. Their Sat/Sun starters aren't good. Unfortunately our bad hitting might cancel that out.
Playing two on Sunday starting at 10:30 AM. On point about the Sam pitching. I think we saw their two best pitchers today, and hit them reasonably well. Just didn't get the hits at the right time.

The post game fireworks, presented by Whataburger, were really good. We got positive comments from Sam fans on our way to the car.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Bummer. Bummer. I'm tired of relying on women's bowling to get my "Beat Sam" fix. Just kidding. I know we beat them in plenty of sports but this year has not been good. Not at all. Football and MBB laid an egg. WBB and Volleyball did there part but I'm not exactly shuddering with orgasmic energy over those "lesser" sports.
I find it to be very unfortunate that in your fit about the men's results you chose to make denigrating comments about the women. They put in an immense amount of time and energy, and endure injury, to be the best in the SLC, and in several sports, among the best in the country.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

I find it to be very unfortunate that in your fit about the men's results you chose to make denigrating comments about the women. They put in an immense amount of time and energy, and endure injury, to be the best in the SLC, and in several sports, among the best in the country.

Yeah. Take the time to watch our Ladyjack bowlers in action (they can be watched on www.NCAA.com tomorrow afternoon) and you will develop a very real appreciation for their fantastic talent. Those ladies can flat out bowl!! And they will be going for their SECOND NCAA National Championship tomorrow in three years.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

I don't think you got the "tongue in cheek" nature of the comments. Lighten up. Really now. I follow ALL SFA sports and respect there effort and dedication ........
SFAJack_76
Game 2:

Sam 7/9/2
SFA 12/15/2

Sam used six pitchers.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks drop finale to Prison Tech 6-3. Waiting for the milk toast headline on the Athletics website.
BigJack85
At least the games were competitive. We're just a way away from having the depth of pitching to beat a solid Sam squad.
Ljacks&Longnecks
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Looking forward to Pilotgirl's take on this one....
SFASawmillGuy
This has been the most SFA baseball season ever.

Extreme excitement. Disappointing start. Great conference run. Awful conference run.
BigJack85
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Looking forward to Pilotgirl's take on this one....
I'm not very sensitive....... LOL
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks drop finale to Prison Tech 6-3. Waiting for the milk toast headline on the Athletics website.
Covington had his fourth poor start in a row only going 3.2 in the second game today. His ERA has ballooned from 1.66 to 5.40. Sam is a really, really good hitting team. Seven of their nine starters are hitting over .300, but your starter has to do better than that. Even so, getting into their bullpen early would have given us a great chance to win. Their starter pitched a two inning save on Friday. We let him gut through six, including one inning where we had second and third with no outs and got nothing. Our top of the order got almost nothing today. SFA constantly struggles to get the clutch hit.

My completely untrained observation is that freshman Covington has the physical ability to be a really good pitcher. He must improve the mental aspect. Through his body language, I see him get down after a bad pitch. He struggles then to recover.

Good crowd today, particularly for the second game. A lot of football, track, and volleyball players at the game.
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Thursday, Friday, Saturday series at A&M-Corpus. SFA starters, in order, are Stobart, Palmer, and Kubo. Covington out as the third starter, at least for this series. See if we get the good Kubo, or the bad Kubo.
SFAJack_76
Stobart goes a season best seven innings for a 6-1 win in game one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Putting this here rather than starting a new thread over on the NCAA Forum...

An NCAA proposal to add a third paid assistant coach in baseball has failed. My understanding is that the Southland AD's and other small conference AD's wanted it but the power conferences voted it down. Don't know or understand why. It is needed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.