2019 SFA Baseball

80,256 Views | 396 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#5 seed McNeese 4 UCA 2 for the championship.

This is the last year for the tournament to be held in Sugar Land. 2020 site TBD.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SLC Tournament winner McNeese (35-24) will play Indiana State (41-16) Friday morning in the Nashville Regional. Vanderbilt (49-10) will play Ohio State (35-25) in the other game.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SLC Tournament winner McNeese (35-24) will play Indiana State (41-16) Friday morning in the Nashville Regional. Vanderbilt (49-10) will play Ohio State (35-25) in the other game.
McNeese getting a three seed was surprising to me.
PurpleOut
Staff
Committee did a pretty bad job in my opinion, but that's nothing new. Texas State got hosed big time, so did a few other smaller schools, and instead we get TCU and other bigger schools like Florida State.

They also apparently didn't care about seedings, a lot of conference match ups is likely in the Super Regionals.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
Not surprised at Palmer getting drafted. I actually would have been disappointed if he had not. So, does he believe he can improve his lot by coming back to SFA for his senior year, or does he go pro? Does being drafted by the Astros influence the Texas boy? Going #616 won't be much up front money.

For purely selfish reasons, I hope he comes back. He is a winner, and was fun to watch.
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

Well....sucks we're losing our best pitcher but at least I don't have to go far to see him play
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

Well....sucks we're losing our best pitcher but at least I don't have to go far to see him play

As 76 said, that far down in the draft doesn't have much of a signing bonus. He could decide to play here one more year and hope to move up in the 2020 draft.

And obviously, it could be several years before you see him in Houston -- if ever. The MiLB totem pole is a tough climb.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
Well, he's gone.
TallTexan
Man, we lost him for a 20th round pick? Dang.

Astros are the worst.
SFAJack_76
"Little" locker room is certainly accurate. Although, I am not sure that is what they meant. The gear is nice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.