2019 Ladyjack Softball

71,001 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Kassidy Wilbur has come down to Earth this weekend. She gives up 3 in the bottom of the 7th as Ladyjacks fall 6-5 to South Alabama. Three walks and an error did them in in the 7th. Growing pains...
Well, we were typing at the same time.
SFAJack_76
Wilbur in the circle today against a mediocre Hofstra team. Good opportunity for her to get a little confidence back after letting one get away yesterday.
SFAJack_76
Middle second, Ladyjacks up 2-0. Wilbur with six strike outs and two walks. High pitch count of 49.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Nice Sunday win for the Ladyjacks!
SFAJack_76
Wilbur guts through a six hit, 3 bb, 14 k, 143 pitch complete game 7-3 win to go to 6-4 on the season.
SFAJack_76
Game against PV postponed to tomorrow, and then postponed to a date and time TBD. Probably not a bad thing as they hit the road again for five games in Baton Rouge starting Friday morning. Included is a game against #16 Indiana and two against #10 LSU. Weather could be a factor there. What a tough schedule Dickson put together.
nacluth
She said in a preseason presser that this was the most challenging schedule that SFA had every put together. I guess she wasn't kidding!
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

She said in a preseason presser that this was the most challenging schedule that SFA had every put together. I guess she wasn't kidding!
After this weekend, next Friday is a trip to Hammond, LA to open conference at SLU.
SFAJack_76
I don't know who Justin is, but this is good press.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

I don't know who Justin is, but this is good press.

Justin is my new favorite pollster.
SFAJack_76
Kriesel in the circle for the early morning start against 3-12 Illinois State. Seven of the Redbirds losses have been to top 25 teams. They are the least talented of the teams the Ladyjacks will face over the next three days.
nacluth
Hope we don't stumble against Illinois St. looking ahead, but I'm definitely curious about what we can do against Indiana and LSU, and of course USC Upstate is trying to upstage everyone.

Edit: Currently down 3-0 with only one hit in the sixth. Got two innings to do some real work.
nacluth
Bats let down Kreisel this morning. 6-0 loss to the Redbirds. Here's hoping for a bounce back against #16 Indiana this afternoon.
SFAJack_76
Lost 6-0. Bad loss. Two hits off a pitcher with a 5.49 era coming in. This could be a very tough weekend. Up next is #16 Indiana this afternoon.
nacluth
Middle of the sixth Wilbur is pitching a one hit gem. We're ahead 1-0 against #15/#16 Indiana. Two more innings.
nacluth
Good pitching wins games! Make that another win against a ranked team. Undefeated Indiana goes down 1-0 on Wilbur's two hit gem.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Good pitching wins games! Make that another win against a ranked team. Undefeated Indiana goes down 1-0 on Wilbur's two hit gem.
And defense. The only run being unearned. Indiana pitcher had her era drop to 0.68, with a record of 9-1.

I haven't decided if this team is Jekyll and Hyde, or the most resilient team I have ever seen. Regardless, I really like them.

Next up is 12-1 USC Upstate in the morning. They beat Illinois State 3-0 this morning. They get to play LSU at 6:00, so I expect them to be 12-2 when we play.
nacluth
USC-Upstate is going to be tough. The are #2 in the nation with a team ERA below 1. They steal an average of 3.5 bases a game (#4), They are also batting around .320. I assume Kreisel will start the game to save Wilbur for LSU, but we'll see.
nacluth
Also LSU is averaging almost 7.5 runs a game. Yikes. Need two shutdown games from our pitching. The
nacluth
Currently #11 LSU is 2-2 against ranked teams.
SFA 3-2.

Edit: LSU is now 2-3 against ranked teams.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

I haven't decided if this team is Jekyll and Hyde, or the most resilient team I have ever seen. Regardless, I really like them.

LOL! Totally agree!
nacluth
Well after one day, everyone is 1-1 in the Purple and Gold Challenge!

Also in other news, SFA is still the only team in the country (including top 25 teams) to defeat Indiana.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Currently #11 LSU is 2-2 against ranked teams.
SFA 3-2.

Edit: LSU is now 2-3 against ranked teams.
SFA 3-3. Lost to Miss. State, and two to Louisiana.
Beat Miss State, Illinois, and Indiana.
nacluth
You're right. Still ahead of LSU.
SFAJack_76
Game started an hour early. Wilbur takes the 3-0 loss. Hits even at four.
nacluth
Time to make a run against LSU. One run in three games is looking rough though against a team that averages more than 7.
SFAJack_76
Lose 6-0. Outhit 7-4. One more shot at LSU on Sunday. Assuming Wilbur gets the start.
nacluth
Only let them score in one inning, but they exploited it. A rough day on offense.
nacluth
Softball delayed in a scoreless second.
nacluth
Game resumed. SFA down 5-2 to LSU bottom of third. At least we've scored points.
nacluth
Run ruled by LSU 13-3. Our weakness is definitely against high powered offense.
SFA Jack Fanatic
One thing's for sure. The extremely tough pre-conference schedule that Coach Dickson put together has quickly matured these young ladies and gotten them ready for anything the SLC throws at them. They won't be intimidated by anyone. I think it's safe to say they'll do much better than where the preseason SLC polls had them. Heck, they could even win the regular season and/or the conference tournament.
SFAJack_76
Really good stuff. Easy interview. Say good morning and let her lay it out.
nacluth
"You realize you just went thirteen minutes without me asking a question?"

So good. I like her. What you want in a coach.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.