2024-2025 Lumberjack Basketball

61,024 Views | 489 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by SFAXE93
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SCH890 said:

BigJack85 said:

wahlwesle said:

The only thing good that can come of this game is to beat them by more than Sam does. Otherwise, a waste of a schedule slot.

I don't know why, but I'm anticipating a Charmin soft schedule. We've got the 3 MTE games 1. Presbyterian 2. Monmouth 3. Youngstown. Add Arkansas St. Now that blockbuster U of Dallas. That's 5.

We need 5 more. Guessing. 2X SWAC. 1X Big12 1X AAC 1X D2.
Looks like we got ACU on December 31 at ACU

That's quality.

Everyone else has their schedule. As per usual SFA is still battling to get opponents
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks1989
Jacks played New Mexico State last season at the Sawmill. I wonder if we will play at there house this year. Would really like it if we could get both New Mexico and New Mexico State on a back to back. Would be a great road trip.
No-look
SCH890 said:

BigJack85 said:

wahlwesle said:

The only thing good that can come of this game is to beat them by more than Sam does. Otherwise, a waste of a schedule slot.

I don't know why, but I'm anticipating a Charmin soft schedule. We've got the 3 MTE games 1. Presbyterian 2. Monmouth 3. Youngstown. Add Arkansas St. Now that blockbuster U of Dallas. That's 5.

Will the ghost of Airion Simmons come back once again to haunt us?
BigJack85
No-look said:

SCH890 said:

BigJack85 said:

wahlwesle said:

Will the ghost of Airion Simmons come back once again to haunt us?

I think he exhausted his eligibility. He just turned 43.
No-look
I don't know. We said that ten years ago. lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
Keith Lamar is listed as one of the top 10 "Instant Impact D-I Transfers" by the Transfer Portal for Playing Time website.

I've been impressed by Lamar since the original videos of him were posted when he signed with us. He's going to be a difference-maker in several games for us.

(1) Transfer Portal for Playing Time on X: "TP4PT CBB Instant Impact D1 Transfers #TP4PT #TransferPortal https://t.co/5y2kuodSd6" / X
BigJack85
Still no schedule….
No-look
BigJack85 said:

Still no schedule….
as of this morning 255 of the 364 have been finalized. Our name should be popping up on some ones soon? My subtitle way of saying release it! lol
TallTexan
How is it that we not only take forever to make our schedule, but only seem to schedule teams who also take forever?
SFAXE93
So far...

2024-2025 SFA Basketball Schedule (30 Games)

Nov. 4 - University of Dallas (Home)
Nov. 12 - LeTourneau (Home)
Nov. 16 - Arkansas State (Away)
Nov. 21 - Monmouth (Neutral) MTE
Nov. 22 - Presbyterian (Neutral) MTE
Nov. 23 - Youngstown State (Neutral) MTE
Nov. 29 - Louisiana - Monroe (Away)
Dec. 5 - UTRGV (Away)
Dec. 7 - Texas A&M - Corpus Christi (Away)
Dec. 15 - Oregon (Away)
Dec. 20 - Texas Wesleyan (Home)
Dec. 31 - Abilene Christian (Away)
Jan. 4 - UIW (Home)
Jan. 6 - HCU (Home)
Jan. 11 - Lamar (Away)
Jan. 13 - Southeastern Louisiana (Home)
Jan. 18 - Nicholls (Away)
Jan. 20 - McNeese State (Away)
Jan. 25 - Northwestern State (Home)
Jan. 27 - Texas A&M - Commerce (Home)
Feb. 1 - Lamar (Home)
Feb. 3 - New Orleans (Away)
Feb. 8 - Texas A&M - Corpus Christi (Home)
Feb. 10 - UTRGV (Home)
Feb. 15 - Northwestern State (Away)
Feb. 17 - Texas A&M - Commerce (Away)
Feb. 22 - UIW (Away)
Feb. 24 - HCU (Away)
Mar. 1 - Nicholls (Home)
Mar. 3 - McNeese State (Home)
Rev007
With a cupcake schedule (not including possible additions), we shouldn't lose more than 4 or 5 games.
No-look
The Nov 21,22 and 23 will be home games, right?
BigJack85
No-look said:

Correct. SFA MTE.

I believe we have a road game with Oregon. Early December. Not sure.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

No-look said:

Correct. SFA MTE.

I believe we have a road game with Oregon. Early December. Not sure.
At Oregon on December 15, I think.
Jacks1989
Glad to see the Jacks are going to get to play a big school from the Big 10. Hopefully we will get another team on the schedule like this. Chris Johnson's ex teammate Kwame Brown is a starter for Oregon. They played together at Montverde Academy.
SCH890
SFAXE93 said:

So far...

2024-2025 SFA Basketball Schedule (29 Games)

Nov. 12 - University of Dallas (Home)
Dec. 5 - UTRGV (Away)
Dec. 15 - Oregon (Away)
Jan. 4 - UIW (Home)
Jan. 6 - HCU (Home)
Jan. 11 - Lamar (Away)
Feb. 1 - Lamar (Home)
Feb. 10 - UTRGV (Home)
Feb. 22 - UIW (Away)
Feb. 24 - HCU (Away)
Mar. 1 - Nicholls (Home)
Oh snap we have Oregon! Guess Im going to Eugene on a Saturday. Hell yeah
Jacks1989
LeTourneau on Nov 12th.

SFAXE93
We had to know that one was coming.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

So far...

2024-2025 SFA Basketball Schedule (30 Games)

Nov. 4 - University of Dallas (Home)
Nov. 12 - LeTourneau (Home)
Dec. 5 - UTRGV (Away)
Dec. 15 - Oregon (Away)
Jan. 4 - UIW (Home)
Jan. 6 - HCU (Home)
Jan. 11 - Lamar (Away)
Feb. 1 - Lamar (Home)
Feb. 10 - UTRGV (Home)
Feb. 22 - UIW (Away)
Feb. 24 - HCU (Away)
Mar. 1 - Nicholls (Home)
The home non-conference schedule is … yawn.
Jacks1989
No Louisiana Tech on the schedule yet?
mccowboys

Southland Conference MBB Preview
BigJack85
mccowboys said:

Worth listening to. "Some" solid analysis. As expected it's

1. McNeese
2. SFA
3. A&M CC
4. Nicholls
Everyone else.

McNeese has some real high level ballers. Let's see if our on ball defense makes a difference.
No-look
mccowboys said:

Good assessment. Thanks for posting. I'm hoping that SFA and McNeese split winning their home games... And there's always that road game that gets you…Could the last McNeese @ SFA game be a big one?
No-look
Buddy also played for the Detroit Pistons a couple years… we played a lot of what was called then Independent ball later. He could defense anyone.
SFA Jack Fanatic
mccowboys said:

After watching this, it's obvious to me that we should just go ahead and mail the conference championship trophy to Lake Charles. Oh, and the Coach of the Year and Player of the Year honors, too. (Although there are obviously two or three other McNeese players who could challenge for the POY honor.) And put all five McNeese starters on the First Team All-SLC Team, and four others on the Second Team. And sprinkle some frankincense and myrrh at the feet of the McNeese coach. And giggle while doing it, like these two tremendously in-the-know guys did.

After all, they gave SFA about a full minute of air time, less that they gave HCU and the other bottom dwellers of the conference.

These two guys, whoever they are, are CLUELESS.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

mccowboys said:

After watching this, it's obvious to me that we should just go ahead and mail the conference championship trophy to Lake Charles. Oh, and the Coach of the Year and Player of the Year honors, too. (Although there are obviously two or three other McNeese players who could challenge for the POY honor.) And put all five McNeese starters on the First Team All-SLC Team, and four others on the Second Team. And sprinkle some frankincense and myrrh at the feet of the McNeese coach. And giggle while doing it, like these two tremendously in-the-know guys did.

After all, they gave SFA about a full minute of air time, less that they gave HCU and the other bottom dwellers of the conference.

I was in Lake Charles for the disaster Saturday. While tailgating I struck up a conversation with some McNeese supporters….. They laughed and laughed hard at the possibility that SFA would compete for the conference title

"It's all ours". "SFA , not even close". "Haha". "Haha, SFA vs Will Wade and the Bayou Bandits". "Bandits sweep SFA".

Some good locker room stuff for the Jacks.

mccowboys
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

mccowboys said:

LOL! Sounds good to me.

Here's the address:
McNeese Men's Basketball
Legacy Center
Lake Charles, LA 70601
mccowboys
BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

mccowboys said:

I was in Lake Charles for the disaster Saturday. While tailgating I struck up a conversation with some McNeese supporters….. They laughed and laughed hard at the possibility that SFA would compete for the conference title

"It's all ours". "SFA , not even close". "Haha". "Haha, SFA vs Will Wade and the Bayou Bandits". "Bandits sweep SFA".

Yeah, they probably got a little ahead of their skis, but can you blame them. After 14 straight losing seasons, I think most Cowboy fans would have been happy with just a winning season. A championship, tournament championship, and NCAA autobid was beyond the wildest dreams.

Should be an exciting season with tough contests, getting everyone's best shot with a target on our back. That's what the Jacks are used to, and I know they will give it their all to return to the top.
BigJack85
mccowboys said:

BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

mccowboys said:

Yeah, they probably got a little ahead of their skis, but can you blame them. After 14 straight losing seasons, I think most Cowboy fans would have been happy with just a winning season. A championship, tournament championship, and NCAA autobid was beyond the wildest dreams.

Should be an exciting season with tough contests, getting everyone's best shot with a target on our back. That's what the Jacks are used to, and I know they will give it their all to return to the top.

40 minutes of on ball defense……
Jacks1989

Here is another Southland basketball preview. This will make your head explode. The Jacks are a mid level team in the Southland.
TallTexan
Rank us poorly all day.

Would rather be underestimated and overperform than the other way around.
BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

Here is another Southland basketball preview. This will make your head explode. The Jacks are a mid level team in the Southland.

Ya. Kind of perplexing. Especially if you look at the player data (on KenPom). Keon Thompson, Keith Lamar should have a huge impact on a team (SFA) that was offensively challenged at times. Couple that with Thompson's efficiency as a ball handler , and we "should be" markedly better than last years edition.

Another thing and I don't want over emphasize this. Nana isn't a "superstar" but he improved his offensive rating to 113 last year. If Nana has that sort of performance combined with Keith Lamar delivering at the 3/4 we should be a better shooting team along with a better TO ratio and overall better defensive performance.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

And I thought the two guys in the other video were clueless. These three inbeciles make the other guys looks like Einstein clones.

Their apparent SLC "expert" Eric didn't even get the name of UTRGV right. He called them UT River Grand Valley, and since he had recently had a conversation with UIW's new coach and thought they were a program on the rise, he placed them in the top tier of the SLC as potential challengers to McNeese.

And SFA? Barely even mentioned. They have no clue about what SFA did in a much, much stronger WAC the last three years, including being one year removed from being conference champions. They have no clue about any of our players.

These guys are "Three Clueless Amigos on Steroids".
BigJack85
Ya. Not worth much. If anything.

The "College Experience" guys at least showed a little bit of knowledge.
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.