2024-2025 Lumberjack Basketball

12,883 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Jacks1989
SCH890
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SCH890 said:

Jacks1989 said:

Need another point guard and also a big. We only have 2 true bigs with size. Nana and Southwick. If one goes down it could get ugly. Need more depth there.
Southwick needs to control the ball and more and not give up as many TOs. He always seems like a deer in the headlights when he gets the ball.

Nana and Southwick both go AWOL for stretches of time during games.
Agree. I can rely a bit more on Nana than Southwick, though.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Sounds positive about the new players. But will they stay more than a year? Portal has made me very cynical about getting excited about recruits or transfers.
No-look
Last year was Southwick's first year in D1. He should progress more this year. As Jilil did. We do need another big.
TallTexan
Personally I feel like Nana could be much more of an asset if he played regularly as a 4 with a strong 5 on the court.

Accurate enough from 3 to help stretch the floor.
SCH890
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Sounds positive about the new players. But will they stay more than a year? Portal has made me very cynical about getting excited about recruits or transfers.
I would agree but I think we will start to see it settle a bit with that Covid extra year going away with the next years freshman year class. But it still rampant in smaller conferences.
TallTexan
Just look at it as a way to upgrade talent even further.

Hey, also this talent from first round NCAA tourney team disappeared. Ok, time to recruit Sweet 16 level talent.

We do that every year and we'll be winning a natty by 2030.
No-look
TallTexan said:

Just look at it as a way to upgrade talent even further.

Hey, also this talent from first round NCAA tourney team disappeared. Ok, time to recruit Sweet 16 level talent.

We do that every year and we'll be winning a natty by 2030.
sound logic. I'm in lol
SFAXE93
Official

https://sfajacks.com/news/2024/4/24/mens-basketball-lumberjacks-welcome-chris-johnson-to-the-2024-25-roster
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
Jacks1989

Chris Johnson Clip
SFA Jack Fanatic
He's going to make everyone on the team better.
No-look
He's gonna make a big splash in the WAC.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Has SFA ever signed a 4-star? I don't recall ever seeing one. And might this prompt other top talents to come along to SFA for the ride?
Jacks1989
Was the kid from KState a 4 star? Montavious Murphy
BigJack85
No-look said:

. Makes me wonder, will he compliment Hayman and play a small forward? The PG from UMass looks like the real deal. Could be better than AJ. Certainly can be a better shooter. Can't tell if he gets to the bucket as well as AJ. If we can get another solid PG ,,, whew.

What does Keller have hidden? I'm impressed with these two snags.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks1989
Pretty fired up over these 2 signings. If the Jacks can sign another 4 or 5 like these 2 we are going to be real solid.
Jacks1989

Keon Thompson clips.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

Has SFA ever signed a 4-star? I don't recall ever seeing one. And might this prompt other top talents to come along to SFA for the ride?

I was just thinking, if he was rated the #44 player in the country then certainly that would have made him a 5-star rather than a 4-star. Ratings are just ratings, but that's pretty amazing.

If he lives up to that hype then the next couple of years are going to be something special. And it should put a lot more butts in the stands. When do season tickets go on sale?
wahlwesle
Quote:

Quote:

Mitchell Seraille

From SFA's bio, "A highly-touted prep player, became the first - and so far only - ESPN four-star recruit to sign on with SFA...Ranked by ESPN in their 2018 ESPN100 listings as the 11th-best prospect in the state of Texas, the 15th-best in the region and the 28th-best at his position."
No-look
In touch
No-look
ServiceJack88
I would say UNT or UTA
nacluth
I'm thinking SFA could be trouble for teams next year.
No-look
nacluth said:

I'm thinking SFA could be trouble for teams next year.
my thoughts exactly
SFAXE93
Jalil Beaubrun to Appalachian State.
SCH890
ServiceJack88 said:

I would say UNT or UTA
Im just going to hope on a small thread that maybe he wants to come back after seeing what Keller is cooking up with the new class. No promises but I can hope.
Jacks1989
Hope everything works out for Day Day. Would be great to see him team up with Latrell at UNT.
migata33
Good to see the negative air starting to clear a bit from the seasons ending. My issue with Keller has always been his inability to maintain a centered group full of health and composure late in the season. He once again has some talent transferring in that looks appetizing but I'm trained at this point to expect something to kick me in the teeth midway through the season that makes me want to scream!!

Let's hope for the best! Go Jacks!
Jacks1989
It's been quiet. Should be seeing a number of signings real soon.
Jacks1989
Just saw the stud from Barton committed to St Bonny. Lajae Jones.

Maybe we can get his teammate Brent Moss.
BigJack85
migata33 said:

Good to see the negative air starting to clear a bit from the seasons ending. My issue with Keller has always been his inability to maintain a centered group full of health and composure late in the season. He once again has some talent transferring in that looks appetizing but I'm trained at this point to expect something to kick me in the teeth midway through the season that makes me want to scream!!

Let's hope for the best! Go Jacks!

Ya. Getting someone that'll play defense, the way Keller demands the defense be played. Both of the guys we signed so far will improve our offense, measurably. Play defense hard, like 21-22 and we'll win 20*.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989
Need more bigs!

https://gculopes.com/news/2024/4/27/mens-basketball-grand-canyon-dennis-evans-spreads-wings-to-gcu
SFAXE93
That is a nice team they are building in Phoenix.

C: Dennis Evans 7-1 (So.) (Louisville) **** #4 (C) #6 State (CA.) #25 Nation
C: Austin Maurer 7-0 (Fr.) *** #38 C; #1 State (Oregon) #234 Nation
F: Duke Brennan 6-10 (Jr.) (Arizona State) *** #31 C; #14 State (AZ.) #200 Nation
F: Lok Wur 6-9 (Sr.) (Oregon) *** #94 PF; #2 State (NE.)
G: Malcolm Flaggs 6-6 (So.) (Arizona State)
G: Caleb Shaw 6-5 (So.) (Northern Colorado)
G: Collin Moore 6-4 (Sr.) (Georgia State) *** #53 SF; #2 State (AR.); #259 Nation
G: Ray Harrison 6-4 (Sr.) (Presbyterian) 2X 1st Team All-WAC, Big South Freshman of the Year
G: Styles Phipps 6-2 (Fr.) *** #15 PG; #11 State (AZ.) #162 Nation
G: Makaih Williams 6-2 (So.) (UTA) *** #40 PG; #39 State (CA.) Starter for UTA
No-look
We have five spots to fill if the math is correct. Every one must be a good one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

Need more bigs!

https://gculopes.com/news/2024/4/27/mens-basketball-grand-canyon-dennis-evans-spreads-wings-to-gcu

Yep. Our current bigs would definitely have to take a back seat to these guys.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.