Ladyjacks BB Postseason 20-21

32,264 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FIVE minutes until Selection!!
djsfw57
I'm breathless with anticipation!
djsfw57
Not sure at all why UCONN is being allowed to play when Coach is Covid positive. If it were SFA, we wouldn't be allowed to play.
Pilotgirl
Not in the Mercado region...
djsfw57
I'll take Ga Tech.
Pilotgirl
12 seed vs 5 seed Georgia Tech...Hemisfair region
djsfw57
Considering the records of some teams with higher seeds, SFA was never going to get any respect as long as they play in the Southland.
djsfw57
Nell Fortner, coach of Ga Tech, is a former SFA assistant under Gary Blair.
djsfw57
Wake Forest got a #9 seed... at 12-12. Tell me they don't play favorites in this thing.
SFAXE93
Ladyjacks by 10
Pilotgirl
SFAXE93 said:

Ladyjacks by 10

SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE!
nacluth
Easiest path for fans to watch them play in the Sweet 16!
RichieVan
Georgia Tech is a Jeckyl and Hyde team, losing to BC and Clemson who are near the bottom of the ACC. They are 0-3 against NC State and Louisville, the top 2 of the ACC. They're very good at home, which is why a neutral site is good. Tech split with Wake. They shoot below average from three (31.8%) and are an average free throw shooting team (68%). Overall, they shoot 42% from the field. They have two starters over six feet (6'4", 6'2") with 6'5" and 6'1" on the bench. Ladyjacks will have to defend the post well and shoot well from the field to win this game. Their pressure D needs to produce more than the 13 turnovers Tech gives up per game.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

12 seed vs 5 seed Georgia Tech...Hemisfair region
Looks like they run two bigs if I'm running the stats right. 6'4 and 6'5.

They do not have a deep bench, only 11 players with minutes this season, so if we can get those bigs into foul trouble, could be an opportunity.
TallTexan
djsfw57 said:

Considering the records of some teams with higher seeds, SFA was never going to get any respect as long as they play in the Southland.
A story as old as time.
BigJack85
RichieVan said:

Georgia Tech is a Jeckyl and Hyde team, losing to BC and Clemson who are near the bottom of the ACC. They are 0-3 against NC State and Louisville, the top 2 of the ACC. They're very good at home, which is why a neutral site is good. Tech split with Wake. They shoot below average from three (31.8%) and are an average free throw shooting team (68%). Overall, they shoot 42% from the field. They have two starters over six feet (6'4", 6'2") with 6'5" and 6'1" on the bench. Ladyjacks will have to defend the post well and shoot well from the field to win this game. Their pressure D needs to produce more than the 13 turnovers Tech gives up per game.

Run girls run. Fast and hard. All game.
INiedrauer
Staff
Ugh. I hate this matchup. I watched them blow a game they should have won (and lead by double digits) against now #1 seed NC State in the conference tournament. I would love, love, love for the women to find a way though.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

Ugh. I hate this matchup. I watched them blow a game they should have won (and lead by double digits) against now #1 seed NC State in the conference tournament. I would love, love, love for the women to find a way though.
Well that's not encouraging. Are we slated to run into a Tech underseeded buzzsaw again?

Hopefully we bring an A+ game and get a good shot at it.
Pilotgirl
Watching the GT vs NC State tourney game right now. Once GT tech coach made some changes, they started playing some defense and made a little run. Both teams play slower than we do.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Watching the GT vs NC State tourney game right now. Once GT tech coach made some changes, they started playing some defense and made a little run. Both teams play slower than we do.
We're gonna need a good 3 point game too.

Their bigs are not overly athletic it seems. But 6'5 is a big height difference.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

Their bigs are not overly athletic it seems. But 6'5 is a big height difference.

We've got to play transition, and we can. Especially with the depth. We've got to get some nice bounces on the rim. Rebounds = transition
TallTexan
21st will be 15 days between games for GA Tech.

Not sure they've seen a system like ours either.

But we also haven't seen a team with real bigs since Auburn/ASU.
RichieVan
I was getting my masters in 1993 when we hosted the Midwest regional. Vanderbilt had 6'10" Heidi Gillingham. We played swarming defense and doubled the post and did fairly well inside. We lost 59-56 and Vanderbilt went on to the final four.
djsfw57
RichieVan said:

I was getting my masters in 1993 when we hosted the Midwest regional. Vanderbilt had 6'10" Heidi Gillingham. We played swarming defense and doubled the post and did fairly well inside. We lost 59-56 and Vanderbilt went on to the final four.
I was at that game. It was a heartbreaking loss. I can still feel the sting. This year will make up for it.
TallTexan
Think we can count on Zya for drawing a few charge calls against these girls.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

Yup..V and I were saying the same thing. UH was tall, too and we played them well...we gotta hit our 3s, then they can start guarding us there...time for back door cuts to Alyssa, Avery, Johnsons
SFAJack_76
djsfw57 said:

She was a GA at SFA while getting her masters degree and then moving into the assistant coach job. Played both volleyball and basketball at UT. Head coach at Purdue, Auburn, and the women's national team. Excellent resume'.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

djsfw57 said:

She was a GA at SFA while getting her masters degree and then moving into the assistant coach job. Played both volleyball and basketball at UT. Head coach at Purdue, Auburn, and the women's national team. Excellent resume'.
SFA has a sneaky good record for producing high level basketball coaches out of our coaching alums.
SFAJack_76
Random reflection from Saturday and Sunday. Great SFA crowd. My imagination, or were there almost no current students there?
Pilotgirl
There were a few scattered here and there but it was mostly the Ladyjack faithful showing up & being loud. I loved seeing Gavin there both days. I wish more fans had been there...these Ladies deserve our support as much as MBB.
I'm heartbroken we can't go support them on Sunday...stupid COVID!
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic
Let's do a little Ladyjack math...

- Arizona State beat SFA by 9.

- Arizona State beat Arizona by 2.

- Therefore, Arizona is 7 points better than SFA.

- Arizona beat UConn by 10.

- Therefore, the Ladyjacks are 3 points better than UConn and were good enough to have been a Final Four team.

Does anyone see any holes in my math??
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

- Therefore, the Ladyjacks are 3 points better than UConn and were good enough to have been a Final Four team.

Even Bearkats could do this one, since you kept it 10 or under. Wouldn't even need to take off their shoes.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Solid math facts right there
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Solid math facts right there
Even with my Mensa credentials, I concur. (I printed my credentials right off a real website. LOL)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.