Ladyjacks BB Postseason 20-21

32,290 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dang...!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
All energy now with the Ladies!
SFAJack_76
Charlie Creme dropped us to a 12 seed, facing Hall of Fame head coach Vivian Stringer and Rutgers. Remember that his job is to project what he thinks the committee will do, not what he thinks is right.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology#64-teams
TallTexan
What time are the two games?
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Charlie Creme dropped us to a 12 seed, facing Hall of Fame head coach Vivian Stringer and Rutgers. Remember that his job is to project what he thinks the committee will do, not what he thinks is right.

Right - makes perfect sense for a team with 2 losses to be a 12 seed. Kind of like it makes sense for a team with 7 or 8 losses to be a 2 seed.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

What time are the two games?
1:00 PM both Saturday and Sunday.
jboy93
I won the Southland Conference ticket package last year to every tournament game...you think they would honor that this year since, ya know, the @#*@ hit the fan and canceled everything? Lol
Pilotgirl
jboy93 said:

I won the Southland Conference ticket package last year to every tournament game...you think they would honor that this year since, ya know, the @#*@ hit the fan and canceled everything? Lol

Call them and see!
jboy93
Pilotgirl said:

jboy93 said:

Call them and see!
Guess it wouldn't hurt!
CertifiedAxeman98
SFAJack_76 said:

We will see who we get paired up with but I would expect an 11 or 12 seed. That is were we can do the most damage in the tourney and best place for us to make a sweet 16 run. 8/9 seed is the worst seeding. A 7/10 is tough as well so I would prefer to be 11/12. Losing to UH really hurt us. We should have won that game and had we won we would have a better shot at being ranked. When you play in a weak conference you can't lose much outside of conference and get any respect. The problem with not properly seeding is that you screw over the higher seeds. It happens every year. That is why teams don't want to be a 5 seed since they know they have a high likelihood of loosing in the round of 64.
TallTexan
Kellogg named coach of the year.

SFA did not win any other league wide awards.

Are you freaking kidding me?
Pilotgirl
I am bamboozled. Confused. Irate. Angry. ALL the emotions. I hate this clown of a conference.
Pilotgirl
I can't make sense of this because it doesn't make sense

https://www.southland.org/news/2021/3/8/amber-leggett-named-southland-womens-basketball-player-of-the-year.aspx
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

I can't make sense of this because it doesn't make sense

https://www.southland.org/news/2021/3/8/amber-leggett-named-southland-womens-basketball-player-of-the-year.aspx

Wanna know how dominant the Ladyjacks were?

Not one player in the top 25 of minutes played.

Top 25 in other categories:
Scoring: 3
Rebounding: 3
FG %: 6
3pt %: 2
Assists: 6
Blocks: 3
Steals: 5

They gave up one 20+ point conference performance..... that came in garbage time against the 3rd string.

Our ladies got robbed.
Pilotgirl
This is sickening
SFAJack_76
I'm ill for our student-athletes. One first team. No Banfield. Brittingham is clearly the best freshman. And POY ... completely ridiculous.
SFAJack_76
Ivey very publicly standing up for our girls. Stud.
Pilotgirl
I love (sarcasm here) how stupid KatFans, et al. are calling US out because the Texas4 were awarded the majority of the awards, so it's not to punish them. No, it's to punish SFA. They hate us because they ain't us & that is EASY to see today. What a JOKE.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

Ivey very publicly standing up for our girls. Stud.

And, our President supporting him.
nacluth
Pilotgirl said:

I love (sarcasm here) how stupid KatFans, et al. are calling US out because the Texas4 were awarded the majority of the awards, so it's not to punish them. No, it's to punish SFA. They hate us because they ain't us & that is EASY to see today. What a JOKE.
They aren't going to miss Sam. And we know who started the leaving SLC talk.
TallTexan
WTH is this crap?

TallTexan
Yes technically he's calling out Keller but he's been pissed off at Ivey's statement supporting the Lumberjacks all afternoon.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Yes technically he's calling out Keller but he's been pissed off at Ivey's statement supporting the Lumberjacks all afternoon.
What a jerk face. What multiple championships is her referring to? Because all I know of is FB with Sam??
Pilotgirl
And why would/should Keller's behavior impact WOMEN'S BASKETBALL??
SFAJack_76
Criswell is an idiot. I won't engage with him anymore. Sam deserves him.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

This is absolutely true.
SFAJack_76
BYU leads #16 Gonzaga 22-13. At the half. No, really.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

This is absolutely true.

Imagine you like covering schools that have supposed multiple championships over passionate, energized, and supportive fans. Lolz
Pilotgirl
You know...I'm wondering why the rest of the league hates because we post on twitter & other social media so much..?? I literally see only KatFans and a couple ACU people post some things otherwise, they are just replying to something (SFA people) others post. Why is this a bad thing? And why do they care? Other fan bases are vocal (think Duke, UT, TAMU, Texas Tech)...why is it ok for them but not for us?

Yesterday was ridiculous. But I'm afraid attention was diverted from our AMAZING WBB players who were absolutely robbed from them outstanding performances during conference play. It became less about the S/A's and more about attacks on schools and such. If you are on the fence about going to Katy, please let this be the deciding factor. Our WBB team is special & they need supporters in the seats cheering them on. There is no better way to say F you to the SLC then to fill those 2000 seats with SFA fans & our Ladies to win the tournament.

I watched the games last night because I wanted to laugh (it was pretty pitiful). NO ONE was there & the WBB games usually have even less attendance than the MBB games. Let's change that on Saturday. #AxeEverybody
BigJack85
Ya. Some posters on katfans.com are pushing that SFA fans are smug arrogant and obnoxious. I won't respond but the facts are that Sam only has about 20 fans. And 3 that post!!!
Pilotgirl
Steaming the HBU vs McNeese WBB game at work. Wow...
Pilotgirl
Is McNeese's coach deaf or a player? Looks like the coach is signing and there is a sign language interpreter there as well...Super cool!
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Is McNeese's coach deaf or a player? Looks like the coach is signing and there is a sign language interpreter there as well...Super cool!

Ok I'm now very interested in this.
SFAJack_76
Clear bag policy in effect. Masks to get in, and must be kept on.

http://www.merrellcenter.org/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.