Ladyjacks BB Postseason 20-21

32,287 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Who's MVP? Zya, Aiyana, or Amber Leggett?
Lol, you're wrong for that.

I don't get it. Can someone explain, please?
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

Wonderful! Pulse returning to normal. What will probably be left out in the celebration is acknowledgement of the great job we all did coaching on this thread! Congrat Sawmillers! Let's go dancing!
I'd celebrate but I'm already watching film on potential opponents.
nacluth
nacluth
Cutting nets!

jboy93
When do find out who we are playing?
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

Tomorrow I believe.
MasterAxe
jboy93 said:

I think the women's show is normally on Monday.
TallTexan
Man, I am so relieved that the tournament is over and we won. They had me nervous there for a little bit but our team is so deep.

What an incredible run.
jboy93
Prison tech had basically four girls play the entire game. Wow!
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

Wonderful! Pulse returning to normal. What will probably be left out in the celebration is acknowledgement of the great job we all did coaching on this thread! Congrat Sawmillers! Let's go dancing!

Lol. That's why we're champions. I'll focus on uniform selection. I'm still kicking myself I lost focus on that for Houston and Arizona State.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Amber is on the other team
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
jboy93
So who won mvp?
Pilotgirl
AHAHSJDNDIENSKZNDISHDJWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pilotgirl
I have never been more shaky/nervous/jittery at a game
These ladies absolutely DESERVED to win because they made the plays when it mattered and absolutely DOMINATED the ENTIRE season!

This is a special team in more ways than one. I am PROUD to support them & lose my voice over and over for this team during the ups and downs. Because that's what a true fan does! #AxedEm
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

Lol. That's why we're champions. I'll focus on uniform selection. I'm still kicking myself I lost focus on that for Houston and Arizona State.

Time to lock in.
MasterAxe
RedRiverLa said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Amber is on the other team
I got that, I was wondering why she was listed at all. Figure it's a joke I don't know about.
Pilotgirl
Bc our Ladies shouldve received more conference awards than they did for the regular season
nacluth
Well actually it wasn't a joke. The SLC has given MVP awards to the runner up team's player when they have had dominant stats. Our ladies' stats were very split through both games. Aiyana dominated at the first quarter and that was about it. Leggett had the better stats through three games, but not really so much better to give it to her.

I really did think it was a toss-up between Zya and Aiyana. It couldn't really be anyone else except Alyssa who was great last game and a little forgettable this game. Glad Aiyana did it. Good reward for all the hard work this past season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kellogg showed a heck of a lot of confidence in our second-teamers at crunch time, especially Bri. I don't think Marissa saw the floor in the entire fourth quarter. And Stephanie and Alyssa played very little in that quarter. I consider Bri the "thankless MVP" of this game. Not only did she defend well, but she also handled PG duties almost flawlessly. I assume that Kellogg considers the second-teamers (Bri, T, and AB) to be better defenders than their first team counterparts.

Kellogg proved once again that he's a better coach than me. (I know. I know... A shocking admission, huh?)
MasterAxe
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Kellogg showed a heck of a lot of confidence in our second-teamers at crunch time, especially Bri. I don't think Marissa saw the floor in the entire fourth quarter. And Stephanie and Alyssa played very little in that quarter. I consider Bri the "thankless MVP" of this game. Not only did she defend well, but she also handled PG duties almost flawlessly. I assume that Kellogg considers the second-teamers (Bri, T, and AB) to be better defenders than their first team counterparts.

Kellogg proved once again that he's a better coach than me. (I know. I know... A shocking admission, huh?)

He's ok, lol.
MasterAxe
nacluth said:

Well actually it wasn't a joke. The SLC has given MVP awards to the runner up team's player when they have had dominant stats. Our ladies' stats were very split through both games. Aiyana dominated at the first quarter and that was about it. Leggett had the better stats through three games, but not really so much better to give it to her.

I really did think it was a toss-up between Zya and Aiyana. It couldn't really be anyone else except Alyssa who was great last game and a little forgettable this game. Glad Aiyana did it. Good reward for all the hard work this past season.

Got it. I knew there was consternation from various folks when Leggett won POY, so wasn't sure it this was a shot at her. I think I failed to recognize this was more a question on tourney MVP.
Pilotgirl
Quick reminder: SFA LADYJACKS ARE GOING TO THE DANCE!!!!!
nacluth
SFA looking for a 5 seed!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2021-01-11/how-net-rankings-work-womens-college-basketball
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

SFA looking for a 5 seed!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2021-01-11/how-net-rankings-work-womens-college-basketball
Nice. Won't happen of course.

After today's games, no change in Creme's projected bracket or NET. I expect an 11 or 12 seed. Anything better would be a pleasant surprise. Anything worse would be a travesty.
Pilotgirl
There was all of what...20 or 30 SHSU fans in attendance. Good for us but a damn shame for Sam's program. How embarrassing! Sam's gonna have to step it up.
SFAJack_76
Selection show is 6:00 PM on ESPN.

First round games are Sunday and Monday.
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

nacluth said:

In a surprise move, I'm giving it to Pilotgirl.

Lol I'm just now seeing this...missed lots of posts during the games. ROFL Those girls deserved their awards...I'll take Most Valuable Fan, tho!
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

I'm ready for Selection Monday. Imma need Texan on his A-game for this. Glad I'm on Spring Break
nacluth
In the KTRE segment, it said that the team was going to spend the week in San Antonio. Man that seems like a long time. If I spend that long in a hotel, my fitness usually goes downhill from stuffing my face. Hope they stay focused.
Pilotgirl
Is the final game on demand any where? I thought I DVR'ed it but nope.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

I'm ready for Selection Monday. Imma need Texan on his A-game for this. Glad I'm on Spring Break

Everything I see places us at 11 or 12. And tbh, if we're going to get an 11 or 12 seed I'd prefer a team not made of giants like some of the P5 schools are.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

In the KTRE segment, it said that the team was going to spend the week in San Antonio. Man that seems like a long time. If I spend that long in a hotel, my fitness usually goes downhill from stuffing my face. Hope they stay focused.

The difference is that you or me with a week in a hotel is not good. These girls will have a very well structured routine for academics, practice, fitness, and nutrition.
INiedrauer
Staff
Hey everyone, longtime reader, first time poster. Just kidding, although it feels that way.

I just wanted to say how happy I am for Mark Kellogg. It almost all fell apart in his second season and the drama and split locker room just about had the program in complete crisis mode. It was probably worse than most people even realize from the news of the investigation, the players who quit, etc. But his leadership in that period was nothing short of remarkable, he didn't back down, and I think its safe to say he's built the program for the long haul.

This is not a shot at Brandon, who had a short but nice run here, but the culture needed to be completely rebuilt after he left for Kansas. I could spend a whole lot of time pointing fingers at who was responsible for that, but the point is, Mark was up for the task and he finally got this program back where it belongs. No better time to break the stupid Merrell Center curse than the last game they ever play in that building.

I can't wait to watch their tourney run.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

Hey everyone, longtime reader, first time poster. Just kidding, although it feels that way.

New phone, who dis?
Pilotgirl
Look at Alyssa having fun ...Love it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.