TJ Holyfield is leaving

58,942 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PurpleOut
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Group chats are very popular ....that is how my daughter communicates with people from work, school, friends, etc.

But that really doesn't matter & I don't think anyone needs to prove anything about TJ. This thread is about him as a basketball player & where he might end up. If someone has something against him, then no reason to visit this thread. Spreading specualtion about a college kid's relationship with team mates and his personality is not cool. It was not TJ's job to keep the team together. He had a busy year with surgery, rehab, and making sure everything is in order for him to graduate. I saw him at every game, dressed professionally. He might not have cheered as loud as someone else but he was where he needed to be. He has always enjoyed Nac and SFA. He had a class with V this year & it was not an easy one, so I know he's been working hard.

I wish him all the best and will cheer loud when he graduates on May 18th.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well said Pilotgirl, well said.
purplitis72
I'm wasn't talking about T.J.'s tweets.
purplitis72
I don't wish T.J. harm Pilot girl and I congratulate him on his graduation.I just am not going to pull for him as a member of another team nor do I care where he goes. Every D1 team in the nation is our competition. He chose to be a member of that opposition. I have also had a personal experience with him that revealed a selfish narcissistic attitude to me. I don't think that he cares what happens to our team after he's gone no more than I care about his success as a member of the opposition. I didn't have that opinion of him until I had talked to him personally. You have your opinion and I have mine. For what it is worth, some people agree with you and some people have agreed with me. He knew that he was going to transfer before senior night but he chose not to be honored. A former SFA athlete which the staff is not going to allow me to mention told me that he knew that he was going to transfer well before the end of the season and I believe them. You can sugar coat all you want but T.J. abandoned us. Pilot girl, unless I am banned or quit the forum, I will visit this thread if I choose. Until then, I'm a member of this forum whether some of you like it or not. The name of the thread is T.J. is leaving instead of where T.J. is going.
purplitis72
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

Plato
purplitis72
I will be glad when May 18 comes and T.J. is gone because I truly believe that he is poison to our program. What if Thomas Walkup had transferred to another school after he graduated. Would he be the folk hero that he is today. Would he still have had billboards with his picture and quotes on them. I remember hearing Thomas say that the SFA fans are good enough for us. Thomas appreciated the fact that SFA helped him find the right surgeon for his foot problems and the fact that SFA helped him get the surgery probably at the expense of the University. Thomas gave back to the SFA program after he had exhausted his eligibility. He praised his teammates instead of himself. T.J. not only got an extra scholarship year without playing. He also got his surgery that he is going to use partly for the purpose of playing for another school. He isn't anything but helplessly devoted to SFA like Thomas was.

Thomas Walkup - "To my fellow teammates, coaches and students, you're the best. Trey, you and I will leave SFA knowing that we're the winningest players in school history and that we did it together. I'm gonna miss the town of Nacogdoches."
"I'll definitely miss the burgers at Butcher Boy's."
"I'll miss walking into William R. Johnson Coliseum. I've spent thousands of hours there and I won't forget any of them, even the early morning ones. Wins are always going to be great memories, but I think some of those sold-out home games at the Coliseum will stand out the most. The fire marshal had to turn fans away sometimes because it got so packed."
"And to my family, you're my best friends. I'm extremely lucky".

Thomas loved SFA and the town of Nacogdoches and pointed out that they were family to him. We miss you Thomas!
No-look
That Ignore User button is nice.
Ljacks&Longnecks
It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
purplitis72
Then why don't you just remain silent Longneck? Couldn't help but notice that you were silent for about a week.
purplitis72
No look must have looked.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Hmmm, I would label that a personal attack Mods.
purplitis72
purplitis72
I would label that a whine.
purplitis72
Oh bummer, the softball team lost.
Jacks4460
7 edits on one post.. purple you gotta chill...
purplitis72
So are you the edit police now 4460? Have your self a longneck, chill yourself and don't worry about it.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

That Ignore User button is nice.
Yes it is. I never thought I would want to use it on this forum, but I am done with the blather.
purplitis72
How about six edits while I enjoyed watching the Rockets win in overtime. Nothing left to say on this thread. The ignore button "IS" nice.
SFASawmillGuy

If you want to talk about fake loyalty. Talk about this. Do not talk about TJ.

TJ was a Lumberjack. TJ is a Lumberjack. He's shown his commitment to this school.
No-look
No hard feelings toward Jock. He made the right decision.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

No hard feelings toward Jock. He made the right decision.
Agree. From afar, he looked like a good teammate. His broken finger came at a bad time.
purplitis72
I don't see what one has to do with the other. Apples and oranges. I still believe that T.J. is having a negative effect on our program. Why aren't we talking about the new players and the remaining players who maintained their loyalty? Check out T.J.'s twitter page. He has very little to say about any of his teammates. It's all about him. He didn't even address his teammates in his manifesto where he said that he had decided to transfer. I really believe that he is a total narcissist.

What if Parker had showboated and attempted a 360 and missed the dunk like Holyfield did in a crucial point of a very important conference game?
purplitis72
Quote:

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

Albert Einstein
Jacks4460
purplitis72 said:

So are you the edit police now 4460? Have your self a longneck, chill yourself and don't worry about it.
far from the edit police purple... i dont drink either...
Jacks4460
Jacks4460 said:

7 edits on one post.. purple you gotta chill...
Purple what i meant was dont get yourself so wound up over a post..7 edits means you are really putting too much energy into something...
purplitis72
I don't drink either 4460 but the edits were actually things that I added. I was watching the Rockets game while I was writing. It's no biggie. I will assure that I am cool as a cucumber. I am not about to have a stroke. LOL! It is partly for the purpose of dealing with the mourning process of the loss of my beloved Springer Spaniel who passed away May 3. She's not there by my side anymore.
purplitis72
I have no quarrel with you.
Jacks4460
Good purple... I was thinking the whole heart attack scenario..I lost my Maggie(German Shepherd) in September and I am still not over losing her.. Talk to her everyday wether it's when I exercise, shower,ride to check cows, everywhere.. Losing a pet is hard.. we had a Springer names Molly and she was a great dog.. Lived to be 14...sorry for your loss..
purplitis72
Thank you 4460 it is indeed very hard. My Sadie was fifteen years and nine and a half months old. She was known as SadieJack at the SFA homecoming parades. I will admit that part of my editing is due to the fact that I am a frustrated perfectionists. Lol! I am never completely satisfied with the things I write. You see there I go again with another edit.
Jacks4460
Dude now I am getting to know you a little better.. edit away... I just didn't want any cardiac arrests while writing on the sawmill..
purplitis72
I can't promise that will never happen but I think that I am fairly heart healthy for a 72 year old. If I wasn't, I probably couldn't have made it through last years basketball season. Last season was like a stress test. Thank you for you concern 4460. Lol!
CertifiedAxeman98
Not sure if I saw this posted here or not. Illinois bring out all the stops to land Holyfield.

https://herald-review.com/sports/illini/tj-holyfield-in-champaign-on-official-visit-for-illinois-basketball/article_7f90ba14-6650-58c3-a1cf-e31f2a2d2226.html
purplitis72
For those who care? The sooner he leaves the better because we are still paying for his scholarship with our donations and for his medical insurance and medical care.
djsfw57
purplitis72 said:

For those who care? The sooner he leaves the better because we are still paying for his scholarship with our donations and for his medical insurance and medical care.
Dismount. That horse is dead.
purplitis72
"Pronounced dead but still very much alive" Anonymous

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. "

W.C. Fields

"I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse." Woody Allen

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Dr. Seuss

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner."Lao Tzu

"No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedyunless you let him." -Napoleon Hill

"No man is fit to command another that cannot command himself". -William Pen

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.