Katy Watch

37,430 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UCA and UNO wont be too bad. Both are not near as good away from home. Sam will be tough. If they draw ACU (Which i doubt) the Wildcats also struggle away from home and werent as good down the stretch. SELU will have to win 3 in 4 days, so exhaustion will play a big role for them too.
If there was a year to win 4 in 4, this is it
nacluth
Actually they play HBU first round so that is easier than UCA.
PurpleOut
Staff
SLU is my dark horse to win it at +800.

Sam is +110
ACU +120
Lamar +650
SLU +800
UNO +1500
Corpus +2500
HBU +7000
UCA +7000
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

RedRiverLa said:

Okay, I finally got the math down to my level and just figured out our chances for Katy today.

Impressive! Only took you two days!

I decided to use the Common Core math method, so I had to draw about 6 pages of widgets.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
No-look said:

RedRiverLa said:

Okay, I finally got the math down to my level and just figured out our chances for Katy today.

What? No Kentucky of the Southland? Lol

We still are, we're just going through the Billy Gillispie era right now.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Ok Preview #1:

HBU has only one won game in Katy since joining the Southland. That was in the 2016 season when they had a first round bye as the #4 seed. They advanced to the semis where Walkup and company destroyed them by almost 40 points en route to Notre Dame.

Lamar won Katy in 2012 under Pat Knight as the three seed. Besides that year they have been horrible only qualifying for half of the remaining Katy tournaments. Besides 2012, they have only made it out of the first round once and never to the semifinals.

Who will beat the odds tonight?
nacluth
Preview #2:

Central Arkansas has only won one game in three trips during SLC tournament play. That was as the 7 seed last year to be topped by us in the quarterfinals.

Corpus has only won 4 games in Katy since joining the Southland, and never two in the same tournament. Their two appearances in the finals happened when they were the #2 seed and needed just one win to make the finals. They lost to us and New Orleans in those trips.

Corpus has the better historical record, but it should be a tight one today.
SFA Jack Fanatic
On what TV network will the men's tournament games be shown?
Pilotgirl
I'm going Corpus and Lamar for today.

ESPN2 I believe.
PurpleOut
Staff
ESPN+ for all games other than the title game.
No-look
Just saw the video of the SLU bus heading out for Katy. Must be something similar to watching your girlfriend leave on a date with someone else.
nacluth
Lamar 0-7 from three point land in the first. If that continues, they lose this game.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
nacluth said:

Lamar 0-7 from three point land in the first. If that continues, they lose this game.
Why didn't they go 0-7 against us?
nacluth
Indeed
nacluth
Playing for the last possession on a tie game, HBU makes a super boneheaded shot with 15 seconds left. He could have held for 10 more seconds and not thrown up an airball.
nacluth
Lamar advances after HBU blows a great comeback and the chance to ice the game.
Pilotgirl
Wow...Lamar did not play great this game. They will not win 4 in a row playing like that. I don't think they will win 4 in a row in this tourney anyway.
Pilotgirl
Ahhh an Islander was suspended from team as well....

Dang it! Why is Koval just a Soph??
nacluth
Lamar vs. UNO
UCA vs. SELA tomorrow
Pilotgirl
UNO and SLU are my picks tomorrow.

But dang, UCA handed it to Corpus (but boring game, IMO. Lamar vs HBU was a game!)
nacluth
Preview #3:

#4 seed UNO topped #5 seed Lamar in OT during the regular season. Lamar though has the longest current win streak in the Southland at nine games. Can they pick up their tenth in a row, or on a day's rest after an ugly performance will they go down to the rested team? History says UNO will be ready tonight.
nacluth
Preview #4:

#7 seed Central Arkansas and #3 Southeastern Louisiana split their regular season games, but no team has done better than SELA through the back half of the season to establish a solid consistency. Central Arkansas has won their last three with a blistering outside game and inside defense. It looks to be another tight game, but steady team play by SELA will probably grind down the momentum based play of the Bears.
nacluth
UNO drains the three with 20 seconds left to go ahead and take the win. Lamar misses the semifinals again as Tic Price again leads a terrible tournament experience.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

UNO drains the three with 20 seconds left to go ahead and take the win. Lamar misses the semifinals again as Tic Price again leads a terrible tournament experience.
Dang.
RedRiverLa
Watching this without SFA there is like watching the NBA finals when Jordan was 'retired' playing baseball. I mean the teams deserve to be there, but it feels like the real champ is on a break.
Lumberjack Battalion
TallTexan
The highly optimistic SFA twitter team is at it again!

TallTexan
Since I'm about to go to bed, I should probably point out that someone may have faked the above screenshot of a tweet. Now I'm not saying that they did, or that they didn't, just that it might have happened.
RedRiverLa
Underwood caught on TV reacting to the news that SFA didn't make the Southland tournament. I hope you're a lip reader.

Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Since I'm about to go to bed, I should probably point out that someone may have faked the above screenshot of a tweet. Now I'm not saying that they did, or that they didn't, just that it might have happened.

What low down dirty dog would do such a thing???
TallTexan
I've always felt like Underwood only has one volume and it's Drill Instructor.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

What low down dirty dog would do such a thing???
Probably just the SFA twitter team with some pre-scheduled "tweets" for this week.
nacluth
SELA essentially crushed UCA. Only the top 4 seeds remain. Semifinals tomorrow.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

SELA essentially crushed UCA. Only the top 4 seeds remain. Semifinals tomorrow.
UNO vs Sam, SELA vs ACU?

Let's go UNO.
nacluth
RedRiverLa said:

Underwood caught on TV reacting to the news that SFA didn't make the Southland tournament.
Funny. That's also what Illinois fans are saying when it dawns on them they are a paying a coach $6M and the best they can be is 12th in the Big TEN!
jboy93
Is there any counseling offered cause I get really depressed every time ESPN shows the SLC scores and I keep looking for SFA to beat the crap out of someone?!?!?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.