Katy Watch

37,771 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, the fan base has been calling for his head since after the first year. They briefly loved him after a flash of brilliance when they beat the big name teams in the conference, but the 'what have you done for me lately' crowd that doesn't understand it takes a couple of years to build a culture with your own players is at it again. Then, there's also the Underwood situation at Illinois.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
nacluth
Preview #5:

SELA struggled starting 0-3 in conference losing the three by a combined 10 points. The third game of that stretch had ACU clipping them by 3. When the Lions went to Abilene, they returned the favor rolling them by nine. The rubber match is tonight, but last year's finalist is going to be difficult to beat. This is ACU's debut at Katy and their first trip is going to be a short one.
nacluth
Preview #6:

New Orleans is a tough physical team that is built for the postseason, but tonight they are facing a team that can score against almost any defensive situation. While Sam looked beatable while they were cruising through their lame duck portion of the season. Expect them to come out red hot tonight. The first matchup saw Sam easily cruise to a double digit win. It will likely be the second verse of the same tune tonight.
RedRiverLa
Hahaha! Bye Bye Sam! Hooten the worst 'best coach' in the Southland
Lumberjack Battalion
MasterAxe
Mark Slessinger is a fantastic basketball coach.
nacluth
New Orleans is a tough team. They can play hard nosed.
MasterAxe
All you need to know about the fanbases:

When SFA loses, we have no less than like 10 pages on the boards of fans voicing an opinion.

And everyone of them cares about SFA hoops.

Sam, after their best SLC regular season ever, loses first game of tournament. I look at KatFans and they have ONE post, not pages, one post that simply says "Fire Hooten."

They don't care lol
BigJack85
Agree 100 %.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
SELA outrebounding and outshooting ACU, but ACU only has 1 turnover through 12 minutes and is winning by 7.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

Sam, after their best SLC regular season ever, loses first game of tournament. I look at KatFans and they have ONE post, not pages, one post that simply says "Fire Hooten."
They can't fire Hooten. After watching him on the sidelines the last two games, I'm convinced that we should get a Hooten Rants video going.
RedRiverLa
If you're scoring at home:

2019 SFA Katy wins: 0
2019 SHSU Katy wins: 0

Anyone want to go to Huntsville and welcome them home ?
Lumberjack Battalion
SFASawmillGuy
MasterAxe said:

All you need to know about the fanbases:

When SFA loses, we have no less than like 10 pages on the boards of fans voicing an opinion.

And everyone of them cares about SFA hoops.

They don't care lol

Just wait til we start beating them in football again. That board might as well shut down completely.
RedRiverLa
UNO v ACU. SLU was my dark horse for an all LA final. Oh well.
Lumberjack Battalion
PurpleOut
Staff
Sam basketball fans are the absolute worst. If you ever have a conversation with them about schools....remind them of that. They don't support any of their sports, especially basketball. They literally don't care about tonight. Can you imagine this board or our Twitter if we would have lost tonight after a season like that? It sucks for our league to be honest, so a big F you to them.
SFASawmillGuy
I'd be okay with ACU representing the SLC. They've been consistent all season. They didn't have the strongest non conference schedule so their outstanding record is a little less impressive to me but I think if there's a team that can maybe pull off an upset in the tourney it'll be them.
New Orleans is scrappy, but overall a bad team. I think if they get in, it's gonna be a bad look for the SLC.
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

If you're scoring at home:

2019 SFA Katy wins: 0
2019 SHSU Katy wins: 0

Anyone want to go to Huntsville and welcome them home ?
Also if your scoring at home, since the Southland Tourney started:

SFA: Undefeated
SHSU: Defeated
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Sam basketball fans are the absolute worst. If you ever have a conversation with them about schools....remind them of that. They don't support any of their sports, especially basketball. They literally don't care about tonight. Can you imagine this board or our Twitter if we would have lost tonight after a season like that? It sucks for our league to be honest, so a big F you to them.
My brother, who got hit in the head with a baseball bat as a kid & ended up at Sam, swears up and down that people would show up if they played bigger schools or in more important games.

Him: This is our year to finally make the NCAA tourney.
Me: Ok man, name 5 guys on the team.
Him: I know there are two Delaneys, which is more than most Sam fans....
Me: Ya your fanbase sucks.
Pilotgirl
Plans changed so headed out in the a.m. to cheer on the Ladies! Fav hotel booked so prepared to lose voice during 2 games, hopefully!
RedRiverLa
I agree. I'm pulling for ACU. Don't want UNO to be able to say '2 out of the last 3 years we made the tournament'
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAJack_76
I have two nieces that graduated from ACU so, go Wildcats.
SFAJack_76
Announced attendance for both men's semifinal games was 2,100.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Adios, Lamar Lady Cardinals!
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

Announced attendance for both men's semifinal games was 2,100.

Doubt that's accurate. Wasn't there of course, but both SLU and UNO sections were empty, with nobody on the camera side. And for comparison they had the attendance for our title game last year at 3,729.
PurpleOut
Staff
ACU is rolling right now. UNO can't keep up. Decent crowd for ACU, but overall pretty small for the game.
PurpleOut
Staff
40-29 ACU at the half. They're playing very well.
RedRiverLa
Is there ever an SLC game where the refs are at least average? Some really bad calls and no calls.
Lumberjack Battalion
PurpleOut
Staff
RedRiverLa said:

Is there ever an SLC game where the refs are at least average? Some really bad calls and no calls.
Nope. Never.
RedRiverLa
PurpleOut said:

RedRiverLa said:

Nope. Never.

I'm on board with that. Just awful.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAJack_76
Looked at the ACU roster. I don't see any Juco transfers. Four 3VL seniors on the team. Two junior 2VL guys. Golding is clearly building a good program.

LOL at the bonehead announcer calling it the Sunbelt Conference. He did correct it, but still.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

Looked at the ACU roster. I don't see any Juco transfers. Four 3VL seniors on the team. Two junior 2VL guys. Golding is clearly building a good program.

LOL at the bonehead announcer calling it the Sunbelt Conference. He did correct it, but still.
Lowell Galindo is AWFUL. Never been a fan.

But yeah, I think that's why Golding got COY. ACU was a terrible D2 school and he's turned the program around and has done it by getting high school guys and developing them.
RedRiverLa
"He fouled him with his face" good Lord.
Lumberjack Battalion
No-look
Ricks has a pretty shot.
PurpleOut
Staff
ACU is going to do it.

They're going to lose some players, but Damian Daniels is really good. Would love to have a PG like that.
nacluth
Congrats to ACU. Hope they can pull a 14/15 seed. I bet against them all year in big games, and after they lost Friday and Maxwell, I thought they were toast. But they play great team ball. One for one in winning SLC tournaments. The ladies have a decent chance at joining them tomorrow.
RedRiverLa
First four.
Lumberjack Battalion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.