SFA / Texas A&M - Corpus Christi

42,868 Views | 210 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

RedRiverLa said:

Ballgame. I'm calling it.
41-41. Oh well.
I"m often wrong, so thought I"d play the opposite card.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
nacluth
Down by a million slow roll the play.
RedRiverLa
HBU beating NWst by 21.
Lumberjack Battalion
TallTexan
Why are we trying to work it down low?
BigJack85
All the indicators are sooooo bad for this team. Some of it looks like effort. Some of it is adjustments. If you had Stephen Curry right now I don't think we could win. We are not playing like a team.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
These refs suck.
KirkHeath12
This team. I can see why the students are not there honestly.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
RedRiverLa
BigJack85 said:

All the indicators are sooooo bad for this team. Some of it looks like effort. Some of it is adjustments. If you had Stephen Curry right now I don't think we could win. We are not playing like a team.
I disagree, I think we'd win with Curry.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Thankfully I have to go on a run so I can't sit around and type out my thoughts.
KirkHeath12
Refs are not the reason we were down 17-0.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well between the 2nd half vs NW St and this entire game ..there is nothing positive that can be made of any of the last game and a half. No rebounding, no offensive flow, no life shown on the court...nothing good at all.
I see going 1-4 rest of the way.
nacluth
Friday I thought it would take a miracle for us to miss Katy. Tied for 8th right now, it's just the opposite.
RedRiverLa
Shannon earned a better Sr. season than this - I feel bad for him.
Lumberjack Battalion
KirkHeath12
Take a miracle to make the tourney now.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
BigJack85
I don't think we win one Not one. You can see something is way way way off. A team doesn't come this unglued in a league as devoid of talent as The SLC. I mean we have a 15% - 25% edge in talent against almost EVERY Southland team we play. And we are not going to make the tournament........
KirkHeath12
He didn't play well at all tonight.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
RedRiverLa
KirkHeath12 said:

He didn't play well at all tonight.
You're right, he didn't. His shoulders are worn out.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
Anyone think this old man is just plain wrong ???
TallTexan
KirkHeath12 said:

Refs are not the reason we were down 17-0.

No, but they're the only entity performing worse than us in the Southland at the moment.
MasterAxe
Thoughts:

(1) Sorry if you bet the over on how many in-game compliments I'd give. Literally could not find 5 things that were worth cheering.

(2) Lost four of our last 5, all 4 losses by double digits. Please, remind me of how "talented" we are and that our coaches have any f-ing clue. And yeah, I blame a lot on them, they get paid a lot of money to put forth a competitive team...which we ain't.

(3) This **** is why Jock Hughes is leaving. Literally our best outside weapon and one of the highest recruited players ever...not one minute (that I'm aware of.) Keller and staff won't play him in a game where we look like offensive vomit and where we are totally cool with Fitz jacking up ****ty shot after ****y shot.

Keller apologists can come at me, I don't care. I want a competitive product...and we don't have it.

We have bad basketball, that's what we have.

Oh, and a heads up on the pickem...I'm picking against us the rest of the year. I think I'm good for a 5/6, at least.
RedRiverLa
Can't disagree. I think we will win one more - but, I think you have to get to 8 wins to even have a chance at the tourney, and get help, and I don't see us getting 2 more.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

Thoughts:

(1) Sorry if you bet the over on how many in-game compliments I'd give. Literally could not find 5 things that were worth cheering.

(2) Lost four of our last 5, all 4 losses by double digits. Please, remind me of how "talented" we are and that our coaches have any f-ing clue. And yeah, I blame a lot on them, they get paid a lot of money to put forth a competitive team...which we ain't.

(3) This **** is why Jock Hughes is leaving. Literally our best outside weapon and one of the highest recruited players ever...not one minute (that I'm aware of.) Keller and staff won't play him in a game where we look like offensive vomit and where we are totally cool with Fitz jacking up ****ty shot after ****y shot.

Keller apologists can come at me, I don't care. I want a competitive product...and we don't have it.

Oh, and a heads up on the pickem...I'm picking against us the rest of the year. I think I'm good for a 5/6, at least.

Master. I'm with you 100%. This is absolutely f****** dog ****. With the overflowing reservoir of talent and superior facilities there is zero reason for us to lose against an awful CC team that has only won one game away from home before tonight. Just completely indefensible
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

Thoughts:

You get my game ball. I sent every positive wave I could and it failed miserably. Still be there in person on Saturday cheering them on, but it is bad basketball.
Lumberjack Battalion
Jacks4460
MasterAxe said:

Thoughts:

I tried to tell yall what was going on a couple weeks ago and nobody wanted to believe me and my post gets deleted.. OUR TEAM IS IN A DOWNWARD SPIRAL AND OUR LOCKER ROOM IN TOXIC... Keller was already looking to parlay this job into a big time deal and it has backfired..Instead of taking care of this year he let his locker room get toxic and I know you dont want to see this but we will have to get a whole new team next year.. When your two big horses cant even get along you know it is not good.. Told yall the kids have given up on the season 2 weeks ago...Facts are facts they are ready for this miserable season to be over with..

BigJack85
My guess is that Keller got a 4 year contract. I doubt it is 6 (it could be) that would be a bummer. At any rate if it's a three year deal and I was making the call it wouldn't even be difficult. He could set us back 5 years.
AxeEm99
So I am just curious... Is Keller's contract up soon? I am wondering if he is out, or does he know he's out at the end of this season, or is he is going somewhere else and just waiting for the season to end....
It kind of reminds me of most of our Football coaches right before they have gotten canned... After the win or else ultimatum is delivered they just give up... Something is up. This team has fallen apart at the seams!!
sfa17
Unwatchable. Nothing positive to say. Let's just end the season. No pay to play tournament either .. please. No injury in the world should make us this bad. Too many excuses this season. How could we fall this freakin hard?? No excuses next season. I don't care who gets injured we have to do better. Highest paid coach in the league. Smh
TallTexan
Jacks4460, your theory of parlaying this for the A&M job would require him to put his best team on the court.

Why would he do anything that wasn't for the good of this SFA team, considering that he'd have to win here to even be considered over there?
BigJack85
If it's a three year deal it is well time to cut bait. I'm guessing it's 4-5. I hope not. I don't think a ultimatum was laid down but after this floating outhouse there might be one coming. I know I don't have a hard betting against us lately and I thought this was a SURE win. I know nothing is for sure but to lose a game in this fashion.... start to finish. Wire to wire. That tells you a lot.
Jacks4460
randybass said:

So I am just curious... Is Keller's contract up soon? I am wondering if he is out, or does he know he's out at the end of this season, or is he is going somewhere else and just waiting for the season to end....
It kind of reminds me of most of our Football coaches right before they have gotten canned... After the win or else ultimatum is delivered they just give up... Something is up. This team has fallen apart at the seams!!
As of 12-1-18 the schools buyout was $540,000.. I am pretty sure he signed a 5 yr deal and next year is year#4...And he will have work cut out for him and might just give up... I am talking wholesale changes guys... Coaches and Players...
AxeEm99
540K... wow!! That's alot!

RedRiverLa
Oh, and the Ladyjacks lose to the Lady Islanders by 2. So...what a Wednesday.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
randybass said:

How many years does Keller have left on the current contract? Is he being considered back at ATM?

No more at A&M. He looks lost. This klunker is leaking oil badly. Badly. I doubt there's an extra $500,000 hanging around but if there was he'd be gone. If it's fractional (the ones I've seen are by end of the athletic season. So April 1st. Maybe the burden drops some. It would be hard to come up with extra $$$$$$$$
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

Jacks4460, your theory of parlaying this for the A&M job would require him to put his best team on the court.

Why would he do anything that wasn't for the good of this SFA team, considering that he'd have to win here to even be considered over there?
I agree with you Texan about him wanting to put the best product on the floor so that A&M could see the job he can do. When things started falling apart for our Jacks he started losing his focus on the team... We still have 2 of the best players in the conference...I am not gonna get.into the specifics of things on a public forumn but I will tell you things in our locker room are really really really messed up and who is in charge of the locker room?? You know that answer... Hell you got to read my rant before it got taken down a few weeks ago... I wasnt just running my mouth it was truth... But I agree it shouldnt be on a public forumn because when things are bad I dont need to be adding to the fire...I still love my Lumberjacks... Basketball is just set back a few years and I hate that because momentumn was starting to happen with the new Basketball Training facility and such...
BigJack85
Good points and your rants were relevant and reasonable. Look I'm probably out there a little bit the big sign to me was that near disaster against SWAG. I mean really. Such a huge huge disparity in talent and resources. A program like that should NEVER be on the court with us. There are kids on the SWAG squad that didn't even start on there 9-14 high school team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.