SFA / Texas A&M - Corpus Christi

42,599 Views | 210 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilotgirl
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (13-11, 6-6) vs. Texas A&M - Corpus Christi (10-15, 5-7)

WHEN: FEB. 20 (WED) 6:30 P.M.
WHERE: WRJ Coliseum (Nacogdoches, TX)
WATCH: ESPN+

Starting their season strong at 4-2, it looked like the Islanders were going to make some noise in the Southland this year, but then the realization came that they were just a home court team. They only have one conference win outside of Corpus and that was a one point squeaker by Northwestern St. Losers of 5 out of their last 6, the Islanders trajectory has them plummeting towards getting knocked out of the tournament in Katy. However, led by junior guard Kareem South, this team plays tough against everybody. They are a team with 10 players averaging over 10 minutes a game. The depths of the two teams will keep this game tight throughout.

SFA needs to capitalize off this home stand. The Jacks for the most part have played better at home than on the road, and they have played better on Wednesdays in the last month or so. If there is any push left in this team, a win for Shannon Bogues' birthday tonight against a sinking Corpus team would be a good start. The Jacks need some solid production outside the Big Two of Harris and Bogues. If Fitzgerald still has some shots left in that graduate body, it would be nice to see them tonight. Jock Harris will be back for limited action, and it would be nice if he let a couple outside shots fly. Hanging at .500 the Jacks are still around, but with only one third of the season left, time is running out!

Axe 'em!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
Can't wait to see that new guy, Jock Harris.

(For any A&M CC fans lurking here, Jock Harris is a mid-season 5-star transfer from Duke (or Kentucky, I can't remember which). Forget everyone else and guard him like a hawk. You can thank me in the mornin'.)
TallTexan
Everytime we play the Islanders I'm reminded that their mascot seems to be based on Pacific Islander imagery rather than Texas Islanders.
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

SFA (13-11, 6-6) vs. Texas A&M - Corpus Christi (10-15, 5-7)

WHEN: FEB. 20 (WED) 6:30 P.M.
WHERE: WRJ Coliseum (Nacogdoches, TX)
WATCH: ESPN+

Starting their season strong at 4-2, it looked like the Islanders were going to make some noise in the Southland this year, but then the realization came that they were just a home court team. They only have one conference win outside of Corpus and that was a one point squeaker by Northwestern St. Losers of 5 out of their last 6, the Islanders trajectory has them plummeting towards getting knocked out of the tournament in Katy. However, led by junior guard Kareem South, this team plays tough against everybody. They are a team with 10 players averaging over 10 minutes a game. The depths of the two teams will keep this game tight throughout.

SFA needs to capitalize off this home stand. The Jacks for the most part have played better at home than on the road, and they have played better on Wednesdays in the last month or so. If there is any push left in this team, a win for Shannon Bogues' birthday tonight against a sinking Corpus team would be a good start. The Jacks need some solid production outside the Big Two of Harris and Bogues. If Fitzgerald still has some shots left in that graduate body, it would be nice to see them tonight. Jock Harris will be back for limited action, and it would be nice if he let a couple outside shots fly. Hanging at .500 the Jacks are still around, but with only one third of the season left, time is running out!

Axe 'em!
Well done.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
MasterAxe
The last time we played a bad team at home it was close until 5:00 left.

I'd prefer we put these guys away, but they are in the hunt for a SLC spot and we could/would be in real trouble if we lose this one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
This place is barren! Can't be 500 here ten minutes before game time. Where are the students?
RedRiverLa
Where have we seen this start?
Lumberjack Battalion
KirkHeath12
Wow... what a start
Class of 2012
Axe Em
KirkHeath12
This is awful to watch
Class of 2012
Axe Em
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

This place is barren! Can't be 500 here ten minutes before game time. Where are the students?
Where are the players?
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Hmmm... I've never played college basketball, but I don't think this is how it's played.
Ballwatch
About to make a run!
RedRiverLa
"You don't come back many times from 17" - Rob Meyers
Lumberjack Battalion
KirkHeath12
Bad call ballwatch
Class of 2012
Axe Em
BigJack85
I'm embarrassed.......
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
RedRiverLa
Even ESPN+ is embarrassed - tech difficulties twice now
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
ESPN+ with it's 2nd technical tonight.....oh wait back on
nacluth
Apparently Corpus is so bad they needed to spot them 17.
RedRiverLa
They have gone cold, this is where we need to take it from them.
Lumberjack Battalion
TallTexan
Don't worry guys, I'm here now.
KirkHeath12
Offensive rebounds and giving up threes. Believe we say this every game
Class of 2012
Axe Em
RedRiverLa
OMG, there wasn't contact until Nathan was in the air. Should be an and 1
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
I get you start slow sometimes but geez. It is literally EVERY GAME Have to say I know coaches can't make them sink shots but really. We are bad and I'm not sure a Juco guard, Kevon, Nate and anything else can fix this.
TallTexan
Pretty lively crowd tonight.
KirkHeath12
Free throws!!!!!!
Class of 2012
Axe Em
KirkHeath12
Can't believe we are only down 3 honestly. Tough kids to come back like that
Class of 2012
Axe Em
MasterAxe
Consider this a compliment:

Both teams suck.

MasterAxe in-game compliment counter - 1
nacluth
17-0. Now down by three in a really bad shooting game. Looks like a game in the 50 point range right now. Hopefully we wasted our beginning of half start already.
BigJack85
Ya. The shooting ... didn't we go something like 2 for 16 from 3-land against Central Arkansas and somehow manage to win?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yeah, looks like I'm gonna need double overtime to get to my score prediction......I would just settle for a win....just saying.
TallTexan
Street drum line is cool, but why are they throwing buckets?
nacluth
Bogues has his double digits. 29 and counting to 1000. Unfortunately no one else scoring. Of course we're already being outrebounded by double digits.
BigJack85
As bad as CC is we should not be struggling as mightily as we are. Something is way off. I honestly expected us to be up by 6 have a few bumps in the early part of the second and then coast to a 18 point win but this isn't Lumberjack Land it's a parallel universe where we turn into Nicholls State of the 2000's and 2010's. Hapless and flailing. Happy just to be in the game.
RedRiverLa
The majority of the games this year have been hard to watch all around - it's just not good basketball on both sides. There have been some exciting comebacks, but even those games are not good ball. I certainly want the "W", but in reality I'd rather seen full game solid effort - the "W's would come with that. But, I don't think the full-game is going to happen this year.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
At half, two starters have 17 points (okay)...other three starters have 4 (not okay). Another big 0 on Fitz. Did he tear his labrum too?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.