SFA / Texas A&M - Corpus Christi

42,859 Views | 210 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While we do have our own problems this year, I see on the Southland/NCAA forum that ACU just dismissed 2 guys from the team for violations and in the same forum West Virginia did the same couple of weeks back so locker room drama and players with no respect for rules or authority are hardly unique to SFA. Doesn't diminish all of our current issues but puts some perspective out there that this kind of stuff is pretty common across MBB.
Some of the reactions on here would indicate that our Keller/locker room issues were something unheard of across college ball until now.
At this point with the off season closing in we will find out fairly soon what shakes out of this very disappointing season and any coaching staff/player issues that have played out.....who stays , who goes and who comes in to play next season.
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

Kyle Keller is coming back, no questions.

Unless...we lose to UIW at home on Saturday.

UIW is the worst team in the SLC and is 343rd in RPI, bottom 10 in the country.

If we lose, it's validation to me that our team has quit on the season, and that's grounds for action, as I have a feeling Ryan Ivey isn't keen on quitters, whether coaches or players.

Seems highly unlikely, but good lord, isn't this whole season full of unlikely things.

Agreed. Losing to UIW is grounds. Period

Bad seasons happen although I agree with most that this is epically bad but when the team quits on you that again is a sign of significant issues. I would expect some motion if Saturday is another disaster against a really bad squad in UIW.
Coach Keller brought us wins against LSU,Baylor, and a good showing in the NCAA tourney... He deserves the shot at turning this ship around next year even if we lose the rest of our games.. His hill to cliimb is very tall next year but he can do it..
Where is jacks4460 and what have you done with him? Lol
Lol,,,, I have never said Keller has to go...I just said the Lockeroom is a mess...I did say he has trouble coaching some of those elite level star recruits..

Well... I believe Ivey is in the best position to determine Keller's fate. Given that we are a mid-major and funds are tight the choice "might" be made for him. If I'm looking at paying him for another year and a half it's certainly a close call. Trip to the NCAA tournament last year... check +. Is that it? Have our expectations slipped? I wouldn't be on this rant if we were 16-9 had a few tough losses and were pushing through making adjustments. Baylor, remember them? They have lost two key players to injury during the season and just beat ranked Iowa St. Keller has made zero adjustments that I can see. Please show me something, anything that gives me hope. This corpse is not reviving. Beating UIW might be a stretch. If we lose to UIW we finish the season 14-16 and miss the tournament. Not acceptable. When you lose the fight to beat one of the worst teams in the NCAA you have to examine the root cause.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

TallTexan said:

No-look said:

Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

MKyle Keller is coming back, no questions.

If we lose, it's validation to me that our team has quit on the season, and that's grounds for action, as I have a feeling Ryan Ivey isn't keen on quitters, whether coaches or players.

Seems highly unlikely, but good lord, isn't this whole season full of unlikely things.

Bad seasons happen although I agree with most that this is epically bad but when the team quits on you that again is a sign of significant issues. I would expect some motion if Saturday is another disaster against a really bad squad in UIW.
Coach Keller brought us wins against LSU,Baylor, and a good showing in the NCAA tourney... He deserves the shot at turning this ship around next year even if we lose the rest of our games.. His hill to cliimb is very tall next year but he can do it..

Hello, FBI, I'd like to report Nacluth and Edstile for Jack-napping. Check the basement at WRJ.

I'm sure they're taking care of Jacks4460, but they've obviously stolen his phone.
LOL!!!!!!
Texan you always make me smile when I read your posts... Where is Ed he is really quiet?

Probably sailing the high seas to check out which 7 night cruise is the best prize for the pick em contest.

You know he'd only give out the highest quality.
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

Kyle Keller is coming back, no questions.

Lol,,,, I have never said Keller has to go...I just said the Lockeroom is a mess...I did say he has trouble coaching some of those elite level star recruits..

Well... I believe Ivey is in the best position to determine Keller's fate. Given that we are a mid-major and funds are tight the choice "might" be made for him. If I'm looking at paying him for another year and a half it's certainly a close call. Trip to the NCAA tournament last year... check +. Is that it? Have our expectations slipped? I wouldn't be on this rant if we were 16-9 had a few tough losses and were pushing through making adjustments. Baylor, remember them? They have lost two key players to injury during the season and just beat ranked Iowa St. Keller has made zero adjustments that I can see. Please show me something, anything that gives me hope. This corpse is not reviving. Beating UIW might be a stretch. If we lose to UIW we finish the season 14-16 and miss the tournament. Not acceptable. When you lose the fight to beat one of the worst teams in the NCAA you have to examine the root cause.
BigJack85 i work with HS kids and what I have seen is that Millenials are not loyal nor do they care about ANYTHING... I know it is hard to comprehend and it took me a good little while to come to this conclusion.
Pilotgirl
Gen Z is the generation currently in HS...Millenials end with 96...

1981-1996 are Millennials.
Pilotgirl
I am technically a Millenial (81) but am more Xennial (border generation between Gen X and Millenials). Let me tell you something sir...I care about lots of things.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

I am technically a Millenial (81) but am more Xennial (border generation between Gen X and Millenials). Let me tell you something sir...I care about lots of things.

But this is nothing about Basketball, etc. Just a reaching, stereotypical comment that does more harm than good. Ridiculous.
BigJack85
In general I agree with you 4460. I just think we can and must look closely at this. Ivey seems to be a serious thoughtful guy. At first I was quizzical about his hiring of a modestly successful UTSA tennis coach. After reflection I think I had an idea into his strategy (I'm just guessing at this point). Like ALL of our contemporaries we have limited resources. Why pay and extra 10k a year to get an up and comer that might get us a great tennis team when those resources are best spent on basketball and football. I have zero inside knowledge I just want the best for SFA and after close to 40 years of pain we had one program that could go toe to toe with most teams at a national level. To see that squandered is disheartening. It's not for sure that we can't recover but I recall Mike Santiago and the litany of fixes we've thrown at football over the years because we got into a pattern of just hoping to beat Sam. It's downright depressing.
Rev007
For all intents and purposes, the 2018-2019 Lumberjacks Basketball season is over. I support the team 100%, but let's be realistic. This team is not as talented as we have been accustomed to. Two outstanding players do not make a team. None of the players other than Kevon and Shannon can create their own offense. Where are all the forced turnovers we created last year? It's sad when players who can't shoot are not playing with pride on the defensive side of the game.

If TJ leaves, we are possibly in for a similar season next year. If he stays, we still need to increase our talent. Bringing in players like Fitzgerald and Nicholas was a mistake. Fitzgerald is not a team player. Neither was Nicholas. A player like Seraile needs a role model. I noticed early on in the season that he seemed chummy with Nicholas. The better scenario is for him to emulate TJ.

In summary, let's bring in players that have a strong desire to win. We need players who play hard and support their teammates. I prefer freshmen that can be developed, but for sure, we will need one or two juco transfers. I'm looking forward to watching Oddyst, Mitch, Hughes, Hart, and Pope bust their butts in an effort to improve and create an infectious, winning attitude that will cause opponents to dread the day they set foot in WRJ.

p.s. Hoping and praying that this is a one off.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

TallTexan said:

No-look said:

Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

Texan you always make me smile when I read your posts... Where is Ed he is really quiet?

Wish I could share with you what I've learned about this situation from a very reliable source, but I'm not at liberty to do so.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

TallTexan said:

No-look said:

Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

Wish I could share with you what I've learned about this situation from a very reliable source, but I'm not at liberty to do so.

Bahahaha! Post of the Day right here.
BigJack85
I don't think it's talent. I believe it is fit. We have to many stars and not enough interns. We all love to talk about how great Pinkney and Walkup were. Well we all know neither of them was highly recruited. What they both had was heart and the desire to play as a team. Nothing like that going on now.
No-look
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

Lol. I thought he was serious. I was wondering if his info was the same as what I have learned in the last hour.
Jacks4460
You are correct Pilot... I meant kids I would say in the 15-22 yr range.. Didn't mean to offend you if I did.. There are also good kids not all are bad..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

Glad you got a laugh out of it.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

Glad you got a laugh out of it.

I need ALL the laughs i can get today! Was bit by either a brown recluse or a tick. Dr treating me for both so I am not having a good week. And nope, cannot make this up. So status of basketball program is not end of the world. We will survive a losing season. Gotta focus on not having lyme disease!

P.S. ya'll go to the dr when you have a crazy bite please!
Pilotgirl
No-look said:

Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

Lol. I thought he was serious. I was wondering if his info was the same as what I have learned in the last hour.

I thought he was joking my bad...he isn't. I think if we know something, we should really think twice about if we should post it or not, so respect to Ed. Gotta examine those ethical boundaries!
TallTexan
Wait, Ed isn't joking?

For the record, in case anyone one is ever wondering, I'm 110% serious. 24/7/365. You can set your clock by it.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Wait, Ed isn't joking?

For the record, in case anyone one is ever wondering, I'm 110% serious. 24/7/365. You can set your clock by it.

I thought he was bc he was responding to a post about him missing. Blame it on my fever, dang! Sometimes translation is lost over the internet.
TallTexan
Ed is one of the biggest jokers on this site. Nacluth trains every day just to keep up with him.

You think he's doing all that running for health? No, he's running up and down the steps at Homer, typing up practice comments, all in his quest to out joke Ed.
nacluth
Live look in:

No-look
nacluth said:

Live look in:

Old guys rule!
TallTexan
Well, your gif game is certainly in tip top form.
nacluth
Got to win at something, and honestly it's a pretty good likeness.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Ed is one of the biggest jokers on this site. Nacluth trains every day just to keep up with him.

You think he's doing all that running for health? No, he's running up and down the steps at Homer, typing up practice comments, all in his quest to out joke Ed.

Wait. I said something funny???

And BTW, personally, I get my comic relief from reading Nacluth's post-shower comments. (JUST KIDDING, RYAN!)
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Live look in:

You really, really need to work on that mid-section, Ryan.
Jacks4460
So Ed is also SFA Jack Fanatic??
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

Well, nobody's ever seen them both in the same room....
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Yeah, right.....
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Jacks4460 said:

Well, nobody's ever seen them both in the same room....

(Apparently, some people still think that former ROTC rifle range under WRJ is used for storage....)

To the Bat Cave, Robin!
nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

You really, really need to work on that mid-section, Ryan.
Trying Ed. Trying.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Both our kids and their spouses are Millenials. They care about a lot of things. Also, I feel very old.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Both our kids and their spouses are Millenials. They care about a lot of things. Also, I feel very old.

Age is truly a state of mind! A cliche saying but so very true
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Age is truly a state of mind! A cliche saying but so very true
It is indeed.

I just read your post about the bite from something. Hope you are healing. I know a guy that had a spider (?) bite on his leg a few years ago. If he had waited another day or two to go to the doctor, the outcome could have been very, very bad. Everyone needs to heed your advice.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I am not looking to work in the ATH 76... Kids need to be held responsible for actions... if he is gonna tweet something like that you would think I could come to a public forum and criticize it... Its not like I went to his tweet and said anything..Maybe its a lesson in humility that he is getting..

This is from your post in May: "My SFA degree means so much to me.. I am looking to get into the Athletic Dept. at SFA somehow.. I have a lead and I will continue to work it. I realize the pay isnt great but I truly believe this is something that I will get up every morning on fire to want to do well.. Thanks for having me here... "

Apologies if I misunderstood.

When Shannon made his tweet, he was generally applauded on here for taking leadership and being positive. It hasn't worked out that way for several reasons. That doesn't mean he was wrong for that tweet at that time. So, we disagree and that is fine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.