SFA / Texas A&M - Corpus Christi

42,864 Views | 210 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another thing I was really really disappointed in was that his players dont care very much for him... When I heard that i didnt believe it.. I mean I have watched 100% press conferences and facebook lives and I thought his players loved him.. I was wrong tho.. this is another reason why I say we probably have 10 new ballers in Nac next year.. Really crazy how you can go from being on top to not even making the conference tournament..
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Good points and your rants were relevant and reasonable. Look I'm probably out there a little bit the big sign to me was that near disaster against SWAG. I mean really. Such a huge huge disparity in talent and resources. A program like that should NEVER be on the court with us. There are kids on the SWAG squad that didn't even start on there 9-14 high school team.
It had me thinking likewise... This team has never come together and the glue to the team was Aaron and TJ.. They made the others get along and play together.. There is way more drama in that locker room than you and i will ever know about...
AxeEm99
Well, at least we are not headed in a negative direction in football... My Bearkat friends always tell me "Who cares about Basketball" when I taunt them and brag each Spring about our team. (I have made the same comment this year to them...)
Maybe in the next few years we can win a National Championship in Football BEFORE the Kats do!! Now that would be awesome after losing year after year at Reliant.
I sense that Keller is leaving at the end of the season. I believe that he already has something lined up...
TheRevSFA
MasterAxe said:

Thoughts:

(1) Sorry if you bet the over on how many in-game compliments I'd give. Literally could not find 5 things that were worth cheering.

(2) Lost four of our last 5, all 4 losses by double digits. Please, remind me of how "talented" we are and that our coaches have any f-ing clue. And yeah, I blame a lot on them, they get paid a lot of money to put forth a competitive team...which we ain't.

(3) This **** is why Jock Hughes is leaving. Literally our best outside weapon and one of the highest recruited players ever...not one minute (that I'm aware of.) Keller and staff won't play him in a game where we look like offensive vomit and where we are totally cool with Fitz jacking up ****ty shot after ****y shot.

Keller apologists can come at me, I don't care. I want a competitive product...and we don't have it.

We have bad basketball, that's what we have.

Oh, and a heads up on the pickem...I'm picking against us the rest of the year. I think I'm good for a 5/6, at least.

I got called a fairweather fan on twitter after the NW State loss for saying the Keller era needs to end.

All of this is spot on
MasterAxe
In a game where we desperately needed offense, and with a fully rested and (probably) our best shooter available, Jock Hughes plays 54 seconds.

My apologies to Keller, I thought Jock didn't play. It's obvious 1 full minute would have been too much for him to handle.

But, by golly, let's get Oddsyt Walker 20 minutes of an absolute nothing-burger on offense.
PurpleOut
Staff
MasterAxe said:

Thoughts:

(1) Sorry if you bet the over on how many in-game compliments I'd give. Literally could not find 5 things that were worth cheering.

(2) Lost four of our last 5, all 4 losses by double digits. Please, remind me of how "talented" we are and that our coaches have any f-ing clue. And yeah, I blame a lot on them, they get paid a lot of money to put forth a competitive team...which we ain't.

(3) This **** is why Jock Hughes is leaving. Literally our best outside weapon and one of the highest recruited players ever...not one minute (that I'm aware of.) Keller and staff won't play him in a game where we look like offensive vomit and where we are totally cool with Fitz jacking up ****ty shot after ****y shot.

Keller apologists can come at me, I don't care. I want a competitive product...and we don't have it.

We have bad basketball, that's what we have.

Oh, and a heads up on the pickem...I'm picking against us the rest of the year. I think I'm good for a 5/6, at least.

I don't think #3 means what you think it means. None of that makes sense.

Other than that, I don't have much left right now. It honestly hurts my heart because I care so much about our program. I believe in being rational, because there's a LOT of s h i t that went against us this season that put us in a hole before we even got started. If you can't see that then you're not looking at it correctly. But, at the same time, it definitely appears that everyone has given up. The shots of our staff on the bench look like they didn't care. They seemingly have made no adjustments the past few months to try to turn this around. And our league is terrible. TERRIBLE. And maybe they have, but nobody that plays seems to have bought in.

6-7 in conference with 5 home losses this year. I honestly don't know what to do right now. It hurts.
BigJack85
I got nothin'. Nothin'. Just still dumbfounded. There is NO swagger. Nothing. Get dismantled by Sammi was the start of some real bad mojo.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
BigJack85
Even with the $/:1t that we had come at us you can see why TJ is a free agent. He's sees the train wreck. No way he wants to hop in the dumpster fire. Keller isn't that bad but this is just inexplicable. I know this heresy but this has a real "JC HARPER" look and we all know how that ended.... to late was the ending.
Jacks4460
When your two best players are selfish...you can't win. When your two best players don't play any defense and only care about scoring you can't win
SFASawmillGuy
Remember when we were potentially the best team in Texas?
BigJack85
Seems forever..... I'm in that laughing stage now. I've fully accepted how awful we are and realize it is likely the end of a very positive cycle for Lumberjack basketball. Sure hope it doesn't take us a couple of coaches to pull it back. Sound depressing? I've been a hardcore Lumberjack fan for 40 years. I've seen a lot of downs.
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

Remember when we were potentially the best team in Texas?

I know it blows my mind.. Remember beating Baylor??
I thought we were back on track.. Then the Karl/Aaron thing and things went downhill from there..
SFASawmillGuy
Kyle is allowed to have down years. And this year is definitely a year filled with adversity and we just couldn't overcome it. The injuries were constant. Bad breaks in games. This has been a struggle. Maybe he has given up on this season. And if next season we see the same issues, it's time for a change. But right now I can't justify starting over and parting ways with a him.

Now if Brad wants to come back since he's not doing so hot in Illinois....
RedRiverLa
I remember being the Kentucky of the Southland. And for the first time, my go to phrase of 'at least we're not NWst' has been retired.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
SFA_03 said:

Kyle is allowed to have down years. And this year is definitely a year filled with adversity and we just couldn't overcome it. The injuries were constant. Bad breaks in games. This has been a struggle. Maybe he has given up on this season. And if next season we see the same issues, it's time for a change. But right now I can't justify starting over and parting ways with a him.

I agree. Actually, Brad's kids are buying in and he's starting to turn it around, won 3 of the last 4 and beat #10 Michigan State.
Lumberjack Battalion
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

I agree
BigJack85
Dang Brad has pulled them out of the ditch ..... Keller is allowed to have bad years but this is not bad. It's historic. The reversal of fortune is difficult to explain. The program that got all the breaks from 2008-2018 is not on the floor. I'm concerned about the superstructure. We lost to a Northwestern State team that just lost to HBU by 38 points. 38 points.
TallTexan
I feel like this game needs a post mortem.
BigJack85
To me it becomes a risk reward scenario. Do you spend the $$& to get out while measuring is the program at risk of real decline because of an increasing lack of confidence in its leader. I was with Danny during some of the tough years. You could see what he was doing and that despite losses the team was always in the game. Always. Having a bad year is NOT the entire issue ! It's the entire novela of egos that can't come together for the common good. Even walk ons have disconnected.
RedRiverLa
Is/Was there a post-game press conference and is it posted anywhere?
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
They haven't done one after a loss this year.
TallTexan
RedRiverLa
Thanks, wasn't sure.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

Sadly, they lost their first conference game tonight.
TallTexan
Ya totally meant to put that in the Ladyjacks thread.
No-look
Concerning the game. To me there are two ares that we are really hurting at. Guard play and post presence...Islanders ball movement was the key for them. Their ball movement was quick and created good looks at the basket. They were playing a lot of help defense on Kevon and Shannon and no one stepped up to make a difference.... other than our two studs we just don't have anyone that can create on offense. Role players have been called on to be starters. All brings things to the table but they are limited in their abilities. Freshmen getting better overall. Wanted to Jock play more but he was holding his injured hand while he was on the court. Hopeing we can get a couple high level guards this off season. We need a couple Juco. If we dont fix the guard situation things will remain as is. Losing Aaron and TJ really hurt.
I'm confident that the coaches see the needs and they are working hard to fill those gaps....

Jacks4460
Here is how I see it then I am leaving it alone and going to bed..

Best players are selfish and don't care about winning. Kevon, Shannon, Devonte. They don't care. We were able to bench Kevon at times last year because we had depth. Shannon came off the bench. Now that they are starters and players we need to count on...this is the end result. I mean you are coming off a loss and you get down 17-0 to a TAMCCU team at home.. Theae guys don't care about winning..
BigJack85
Ya. I get it. Just no excuse for this type of collapse.
No-look
nacluth said:

Thankfully I have to go on a run so I can't sit around and type out my thoughts.
nacluth, you may have to shower twice before you give your analysis of this game. Lol
SFAXE93
SFA Basketball has definitely returned back to the pack.

Never saw this coming.
MasterAxe
Food for thought:

Ryan Ivey owes nothing to Keller. He didn't hire him.

So, while I find it highly unlikely Keller does not return, the man making the choice maybe sees otherwise.
SFAJack_76
No-Look's observation about Hughes is exactly right. He obviously is cleared to play, but he obviously is still hurt. I saw him grab the hand in pain after slapping hands with a player coming off the floor. He favored the hand even when on the bench. Probably should not have played at all.
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

SFA Basketball has definitely retuned back to the pack.

Never saw this coming.

I wish we were in the pack. Right now I'd have a hard time seeing us beating UIW.
nacluth
MasterAxe said:

Food for thought:

So, while I find it highly unlikely Keller does not return, the man making the choice maybe sees otherwise.
Well according to this thread, he would owe him half a million dollars. There is no way the BOR approves that on the chance we would have a more productive season faster. The only way Keller's gone is he chooses to or a scandal erupts. He's the coach next year.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

MasterAxe said:

Food for thought:

Well according to this thread, he would owe him half a million dollars. There is no way the BOR approves that on the chance we would have a more productive season faster. The only way Keller's gone is he chooses to or a scandal erupts. He's the coach next year.
Correct.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.