2018-2019 Ladyjacks

156,461 Views | 695 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Houston is the worst team in the Southland women's side by a large measure. The score against them makes sense.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Sam Houston is the worst team in the Southland women's side by a large measure. The score against them makes sense.

Curious what you are basing that on. They are 3-3. McNeese is 0-6. UIW is 0-7.
Ljacks&Longnecks
SFA women did actually lose to Wiley back in 2012.....71-68. Had to look it up to get correct year. I remember listening to it and getting quite pissed off to have lost to them. Back in Schneider era.
nacluth
Past years. Maybe they are better this year, but recent history has them last place the last two years with 1 conference win last year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Axes up!

A beautiful young lady! Obviously acquired her Mom's dominant genes.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

SFA women did actually lose to Wiley back in 2012.....71-68. Had to look it up to get correct year. I remember listening to it and getting quite pissed off to have lost to them. Back in Schneider era.
I was not a fan of Schneider. He does have KU off to a 6-0 start this year.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Past years. Maybe they are better this year, but recent history has them last place the last two years with 1 conference win last year.
They have a new coach. They won today to go to 4-3. Only one of the wins is against a D1 team, so who knows.
nacluth
Ladyjacks have the odd 11am game against Montana St today. Will I see anyone else there?
Jacks4460
1500 little elementry aged children is for sure... It will be loud in there...
SFAJack_76
Annual education game. UT women have a similar game every year.
nacluth
The best part every year is the dance cam. All those kids know all kinds of dances (I'm hoping from gym class), and they bust out serious moves 1000 strong.
Jacks4460
nacluth said:

Ladyjacks have the odd 11am game against Montana St today. Will I see anyone else there?
Man if I lived in Nacogdoches I would be there for this one... Those kids have a blast and the ladies are gonna love all their screamming and such!! It will be loud for sure...
SFAJack_76
Speaking of the dance cam, I have not seen the dancing lady all season. Anyon know if she is okay?

We will be at the game....not dancing
nacluth
I've seen her there, and she even danced one game, but it's not been every game like last year.
Jon
Montana State has 4 wins on the season so far, (2nd best in the Big Sky Conference) but shouldn't get one today in WRJ. They are turnover prone and not a good shooting team from beyond the arc. They do have height and seem to be a good rebounding team, so there may be a battle in the paint today, showing us where our interior game lies. Should be a decent test overall.
nacluth
They've hit their first two 3 pointers. The atmosphere with all the kids yelling is great. We look like we should have the advantage, but we're sloppy right now 5 minutes in.
CertifiedAxeman98
nacluth
13-13 after one. Not finishing. Our interior passing has been weak. Blew three layups. Just settle in and this will be our game.
SFAJack_76
Well... I don't think we can play worse than that quarter.
nacluth
Three point battle right now. Both teams at 4.
nacluth
Absolutely the worst offense we've run this year. All perimeter shooters but no one's shooting.
SFAJack_76
50% more turnovers than baskets won't win many games.
nacluth
Pep band yelling "Sit down Trisha!" for five minutes at opposing coach. After timeout when she's sitting, they yell, "Stand up Trisha!" for a minute until she does.
SFAJack_76
I was wrong. That quarter was worse.
nacluth
Five point second. Yuck! Got to do better.

Down by 9 at half.
nacluth
Scored more in three minutes than in the previous ten. Still down by eight.
nacluth
Playing better, but keep letting in the cheap buckets to keep us from catching up.
nacluth
Ladyjacks finally woke up this morning. Tied it up after three. Finish it off in the fourth. 38-38.
SFAJack_76
Banfield had to sit about ten minutes of the first half with two fouls. This is a much better team with her on the floor. Montana State best player is playing with four fouls.
SFAJack_76
And she fouls out with about 8 minutes to go. Big.
nacluth
Nice win by the Ladyjacks against the team that started Kellogg's coaching career. Now if we can do the same with the men's coach tomorrow.
SFAJack_76
At least the third game this season that the Ladyjacks played poorly in the first half, then smoked the third quarter. Banfield missing much of the first half was big. Her stats aren't great, but it is a different team with her on the floor. Hamling played some really good ball on both ends in the second half. Her upside is nice. Hayes had a rough, rough game. Sat most of the fourth quarter, and should have been subbed before that.

All in, good win to go to 6-2.
Jacks4460
nacluth said:

They've hit their first two 3 pointers. The atmosphere with all the kids yelling is great. We look like we should have the advantage, but we're sloppy right now 5 minutes in.
I told you that you would love those screaming kids... They do this same thing in Austin and they have like 5k-7500K kids and its loud....
SFAJack_76
Johnson sisters.

http://www.sfasu.edu/sawdust/issue-18-winter/feature-triple-threat.html
SFAJack_76
Hope there will be a few folks there. Love these late games the day of graduation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.