2018-2019 Ladyjacks

158,317 Views | 695 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
Jon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good start so far at home, bit of a lackluster crowd, can't really blame time of day in this one... All of Panhellenic is here so that should help the numbers.
SFAJack_76
Visscher lights out on both ends to start.
SFAJack_76
14-2 start. UCA used second timeout. 5:38 first.
SFAJack_76
20-5 q1. Visscher with 11.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Stephanie is getting better every game.
SFAJack_76
31-16 half. UGLY quarter on the offensive end by Ladyjacks. Passed up wide open shots and many turnovers.
SFAJack_76
51-29 after three.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

51-29 after three.
Man I hope these girls can win in Katy.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

51-29 after three.
Lamar is going to be tough. Right now, we are playing with four freshmen, three sophomores, and two seniors. Banfield was walking better tonight, but still limping a lot. Harvey was out of the boot, so progress. I would be surprised if either are playing in Katy.

They can win in Katy, but can't have another A&M-Corpus game, or a dead quarter like the second tonight.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

51-29 after three.
Lamar is going to be tough. Right now, we are playing with four freshmen, three sophomores, and two seniors. Banfield was walking better tonight, but still limping a lot. Harvey was out of the boot, so progress. I would be surprised if either are playing in Katy.

They can win in Katy, but can't have another A&M-Corpus game, or a dead quarter like the second tonight.

Yes, Lamar has a couple of girls that play junkyard (aka dirty) basketball. The Ladyjacks will have to match them in toughness in order to beat them in Beaumont and Katy.

I'm thinking that Stephanie is going to be the difference-maker in those two games. She's becoming a really special player right now, which is when we'll need her the most, missing two of our key players.
nacluth
Great job for the Ladyjacks dominating yet again. Girls are in a great place to go to Beaumont and ruin the Cardinals season. The Ladyjacks last two in Nac are no cream puffs. Both ACU and Sam are in the top 5. We just need to continue our winning ways.

One more win seals the double bye, but we need to win out to win the title.
SFAJack_76
Anyone that wants to see what a basketball TEAM looks like, should take in a Ladyjack game. They are down to nine players. Four freshmen, three sophomores, and two seniors. Three starters (Kennedy, Harvey, Banfield) out with injury, but providing a lot of support and energy from the bench. Hayes did not have her best game last night, but she was still fired up in support of the team. The offense gets a little ragged at times, but the defense is almost always there. The quickness and help defense is spot on. The defensive flow is so much fun to watch.

Kellogg and staff have done a great job. The girls have meshed well. It is so enjoyable to watch basketball players that put the team goals ahead of individual stats.

March 9. Sam Houston. Senior day. Imani who only played two years, but has been at SFA working hard for three years. (And, she brought her two talented sisters to SFA.) Chanell suffered a serious knee injury in our place three years ago yesterday. Look at what she has gone through and accomplished. I so badly want to see a great crowd. They have earned it.
nacluth
Completely agree. This may be the most talented team I have seen. A lot of good players, but they work so good as a team. I was honestly afraid coming into this season that Chanell was going to be too much diva her senior season- and hog the ball. (It's happened in the past to the Ladyjacks). But, she has the quietest 20+ point games because she plays with the team - not in spite of them. The underclass"wo"men of this team are incredible. Kellogg has created something special.
SFAJack_76
In case you missed this last night.

"Wednesday's game was a special moment for the fans, coaches and players in the Ladyjack community, as the Pink Night theme included recognition of 13 cancer survivors on court and many others in the stands. Additionally, each Ladyjack starter was announced with an accompanying "honorary starter", a cancer survivor donning the signature pink shirts. KK Nelson, a fourth grader who lives in Woden and is fighting cancer, served as an honorary coach on the Ladyjack bench. "

Post Alma Mater, Chanell carried young KK aoround the arena for the traditional high fives with fans. The smile on both their faces was electric. Perhaps the highlight of a great night for me.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

In case you missed this last night.

"Wednesday's game was a special moment for the fans, coaches and players in the Ladyjack community, as the Pink Night theme included recognition of 13 cancer survivors on court and many others in the stands. Additionally, each Ladyjack starter was announced with an accompanying "honorary starter", a cancer survivor donning the signature pink shirts. KK Nelson, a fourth grader who lives in Woden and is fighting cancer, served as an honorary coach on the Ladyjack bench. "

Post Alma Mater, Chanell carried young KK aoround the arena for the traditional high fives with fans. The smile on both their faces was electric. Perhaps the highlight of a great night for me.
That is awsome stuff right there 76... It will put things into perspecitve real quick...That would of been the highlight of my night likewise..
SFAJack_76
Video evidence. If this doesn't touch you, you have no soul.

djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Video evidence. If this doesn't touch you, you have no soul.

I didn't intend to cry when I saw that, but there was something incredibly powerful, beautiful, and touching about it. What a special moment. Thanks for sharing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Lamar's press giving the Ladyjacks problems.

BTW, I hate stadiums like this with bad sound systems ( just like Katy). Can't understand what the announcer is saying.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks have missed several point blank shots. Get those to fall and they'll be OK. Down 14-8 after 1Q.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
Lamar playing their normal scrappy (dirty) defense.
SFA Jack Fanatic
These are two evenly-matched teams. I'm sure they'll be playing a third time in Katy.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I think Chanell played the whole half. You can tell that she really wants this one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
We've had several unforced turnovers - bad passes on fast breaks.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Stephanie with some uncharacteristic blunders. But Lamar has a lot to do with causing those. Lamar plays tight defense. Gets away with a lot of fouls though.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Was just told that Marissa is going to Houston next week for a second opinion on her knee.
RedRiverLa
Well, it might not turn out to be a good Saturday, this was our basketball hope and Lamar is taking it to us bad. MBB could be worse, hopefully softball can upset LSU. Purple Lights may be dim today unfortunately.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

Well, it might not turn out to be a good Saturday, this was our basketball hope and Lamar is taking it to us bad. MBB could be worse, hopefully softball can upset LSU. Purple Lights may be dim today unfortunately.

Baseball won. Purple lights.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Don't like Lamar's style of play aka dirty, would hope that SFA never hires a coach that promotes street ball.
Jacks4460
IAxe Em Ladyjacks!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I hate to criticize officials today, since they are not determining this one, but they've let Lamar get by with at least 15-20 obvious fouls.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Don't like Lamar's style of play aka dirty, would hope that SFA never hires a coach that promotes street ball.

Surely the refs in Katy won't let them get away with all this.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks said it right. Street ball.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I hate to criticize officials today, since they are not determining this one, but they've let Lamar get by with at least 15-20 obvious fouls.

100% accurate.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Lamar has gotten every loose ball. Credit to them for that hustle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.