2018-2019 Ladyjacks

158,561 Views | 695 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
beaubrad46 said:

Katrina Price holds most of the records.
Poor Katrina, shot herself in the head with a shotgun.
Jacks4460
SFA88 said:

beaubrad46 said:

Katrina Price holds most of the records.
Poor Katrina, shot herself in the head with a shotgun.
I never knew that.. So sad.. I remember her at La Vega as a HS player... Very sad..
Pilotgirl
Awww man that is awful to hear Mental health is sooo important!
beaubrad46
But that doesn't erase the records that she set. I never really knew her personally but she was on the deans list every semester. She was an academic. Depression is not the major cause of suicide. Suicide is caused by lack of impulse control. Most people think of suicide just five minutes before they commit the act. People who have a history of the lack of impulse control should never have access to guns. I have done and in depth study on this issue. Guns are the most successful way to commit suicide. 85% of suicide attempts with guns are successful. Only 3% of suicide attempts by other means are successful. Once you've pulled that trigger you can't change your mind. Draw your own conclusions but she and Rosie walker were probably the two greatest Ladyjacks of all time.

Lawsuit pending PurpleOut.
Pilotgirl
I agree w/you on everything except I wasn't trying to start a debate per se about depression. I simply said mental health is important, which encompasses many conditions, including poor impulse control (which happens to be a symptom of several mental and behavioral disorders). We have no idea what happened to this Ladyjack and I am truly sorry that she didn't have access to whatever she needed to prevent her final action. Sorry, occupational hazard here
...BACK TO SPORTS AKA one of my escapes from the day job!
beaubrad46
Katrina was angry. I've heard the complete story but I'm not telling it. I had friends that knew her well. She fired two shots before she put the gun under her chin and fired. It was a relationship problem. She wasn't trying to shoot someone else. She was a great player and it was a terrible tragedy. I saw her in the stands at the LadyJack game the night before. She seemed anxious. The incident hurt the program and it's never been the same since. I wasn't trying to start a debate either but there is a suicide problem with college athletes after they finish their eligibility. They quite often don't meet their expectations and don't know what to do with their lives.
SFA Jack Fanatic
2018-2019 Ladyjacks
Pilotgirl
I can totally see that...about expectations...so as fans we should support them as students, too & when they graduate (if we see them, on social media, etc). I can see how having all this attention and then nothing or not playing up to potential....which we won't do as a fan base to the 2018/19 LadyJacks!
beaubrad46
Thank you Pilotgirl. I totally agree. We should support those who don't meet up to expectations as well even after they graduate. The pro team that Katrina was drafted by became defunct. She was devastated. Social media is a way to continue to support them after graduation. I consider it a responsibility on our part. I apologize for repeating what you said Pilotgirl but it cannot be over-emphasized.
Pilotgirl
No apology necessary! We can (and should) grow as a fan base & something I think our players really like, including recruits, is the supportive fan base. So this is definitely an area WE can improve on

Question: Are the 3 sisters going to be playing together or did one graduate? BTW how proud are those parents?!
beaubrad46
As far as I know both of the sisters that played last year will be returning. One was a Junior and the other was a freshman. So, there should be three sisters on this years team. Their SFA family will be proud also. https://sfajacks.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

Pilotgirl
Sweet!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks roster has been updated on SFAJacks.com. 4 Seniors, 1 Junior, 4 Sophomores, and 4 Freshmen.
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

Ladyjacks roster has been updated on SFAJacks.com. 4 Seniors, 1 Junior, 4 Sophomores, and 4 Freshmen.

And, here they are.

nacluth
Wait?!? What happened to Lovisa? Didn't she have two years left? I missed something. She had solid minutes put into her game.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Wait?!? What happened to Lovisa? Didn't she have two years left? I missed something. She had solid minutes put into her game.
You are correct. She is not on the roster so apparently she left.
SFAJack_76
Hope it is nothing serious. She is an important part of the team.

SFAJack_76
Bad news. Chanell and Kennedy are seniors that have played important roles the three previous years. Chanell blew out a knee in the last home game their freshman year. We were at that game and it was tough to watch the pain she was in. Certainly hope the best for Kennedy.

TallTexan
Oh no!
nacluth
This is terrible for Kennedy. She was primed to be the difference maker.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Sad news for Harris and the team. You can feel the hurt from that post.
SFAJack_76
For the team, including Brunnberg being gone, this leaves the roster a little thin. The solid freshman class is going to have to grow up in a hurry.
nacluth
Exactly what I was thinking.
Jacks4460
This is sad..Great kid!! When I went back to get my degree in Fall 2015 she was my Zoology Lab partner and in my class. We both went to the ARC(I think is what its called..Study place in library) every week and studied. Wanted to pursue a Medical degree and then head to Med School.. Sad to hear this..
SFAJack_76
AxeEm!

SFAJack_76
Ladyjack schedule bing released same as Lumberjacks was. Just started.

SFAJack_76
Six home OOC games. Tulsa, Montana Stare, Texas Southern, and three schedule fillers.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Kellogg press conference. Talks about Harris as though there is nothing wrong with her. She was not one of the girls doing the schedule introductions. Anybody know?

nacluth
Didn't see Kennedy in the practice pics, but hopefully Chanell was just trolling us on Twitter. It means a lot for her to be there.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Didn't see Kennedy in the practice pics, but hopefully Chanell was just trolling us on Twitter. It means a lot for her to be there.

Unfortunately, she is rolling around campus w/a scooter and leg in a brace She is a great player...heart breaks for her!
nacluth
Terrible. She seemed to have a little trouble with system play last year, but she was a huge force in her offensive drives. I was really hoping this would be her breakout year.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Unfortunately, she is rolling around campus w/a scooter and leg in a brace She is a great player...heart breaks for her!
Far sideline at about 0:03.

SFAJack_76
Great media work..

SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.