Ljacks&Longnecks said:

MasterAxe said:

Incarnate word has three playoff appearances, three playoff wins, and three head coaches in the last 6 seasons.

Don't tell me it can't be done. Apparently new head coaches at UIW can win immediately, but at SFA it takes years and years and years.
Well you are correct, yes they did do that at UIW. So then we should cut Carthel loose so that we can catch that magic train too? Do you have an insight as to the next miracle worker? I'll gladly back this plan if you can guarantee the success of said next coach.

So when we hire a new guy and his first 2 years go by without positive results, can we guess who one of the first people to call for his head will be?? I think we can.

I get it Master, we are all tired of mediocrity, disappointment and our records following the trail of our lifetime totals. I agree that football is not even close to anything nationally. I would agree that most of us bought into the hype because Carthel won big at D 2. Reality sucks sometimes. But throwing him out and trying someone new doesn't remotely guarantee us anything. It might work, but Carthel might have a great year next year too. And both could fail miserably also. If we were going 2-9, 3-8 every year under Carthel then a reason for dismissal would be obvious. We did technically win the WAC last year, such as it was.

Many years back SFA had a good head coach in John Pearce. We were competitive each season. But the McCarty/ Hill gang dumped him because he didn't win a conference title. He went 46-32-2 with 2 playoff appearances. Seemed well liked but got dumped. I suspect he fell out of favor with the good ole boys.
2 playoffs appearances in 7 years, far better than most here. Then back to the mostly failed coaching carousel.

I don't believe that Carthel should get unlimited time and my faith in him has been shaken a bit this year but I'd give him a bit longer before throwing the dice again. We don't have a great track record in that regard.

I think this captures the situation accurately