WEEK 6: UTAH TECH

9,413 Views | 175 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by BigJack85
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't get why it is so hard for people to say SFA. I hear them muck it up in so many games.
Ljacks&Longnecks
ANOTHER STUPID penalty.
TallTexan
What the hell was that penalty?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Guys need to learn to shut their mouths when the play is over and the ref is standing right there.

Don't know what the problem is tonight. Our penalties under Carthel have been greatly reduced over past coaching staffs.
Jyank24
Defensive holding, not letting our RB release for the screen. I don't think it's allowed, but tonight it's fair game
SFASawmillGuy
I would guess the team is looking ahead to next week. If we win tonight it would be reasonable to assume Central Arkansas will be an early conference championship game for us. Can not let your teams think like that but it kind of looks like that's what happened.
Jyank24
They're picking on Demmings tonight
SFASawmillGuy
Kobe Tracy for Utah Tech has an arm. That dude is gonna be a menace next year if he keeps improving.
SFASawmillGuy
Well. That's not good.
Jyank24
Pressure coming at you, in your face..you have to feel that. Leads to a TD. And we're losing, just poor play
Ljacks&Longnecks
UCA game ain't gonna mean much after this disaster.
BigJack85
Not sure about the motivation. We look down.
sfajack05
Oh hey another lackluster performance
RedRiverLa
Embarrassing.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFASawmillGuy
Block! We can retake the lead with a TD
RedRiverLa
You can definitely tell which team wants this. Remind me who our leader is?
Lumberjack Battalion
Jyank24
Why?!?!?

Haven't ran that play successfully yet
Ljacks&Longnecks
TERRIBLE play calling.

No excuses tonight. We lost to an inferior team....AGAIN.
Hardtruth
Storm can't call plays. So stupid.
RedRiverLa
Horrible horrible play calling. It's really baffling, who thinks those are the calls you go with? Even Stevie Wonder could see that wouldn't work.
Lumberjack Battalion
djsfw57
Another year of high expectations.... This program is not progressing IMO. Not getting worse, but certainly I don't see any marked improvement.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Defense-----Fail
SFAXE93
Wow, converted 3rd and 23 with a running play

and we can't get 4th and 1
sfajack05
Absolutely pathetic.

Every f'ing year there is so much hype and every year is the same. Apparently we are the bottom dwellers because sure as heck not the top dog.
Jyank24
Y'all are tired of reading it from me.. We need a new QB and play caller. That is what cost us this game, we're to talented to look this bad. We can't sustain drives, yards are from big plays and we can't rely on 2 or 3 big break plays to win. Defense is worn out
BigJack85
Head scratcher. Absolutely a head scratcher.
RedRiverLa
Is that 20 points in the 4th? We are exactly who or record says we are…mediocre. Carthel got his shirt coached off of him again.
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
A couple of injuries doesn't excuse the poor play tonight.

There is no excuse anyone can make up that can apply to tonight. No looking ahead, no injuries, nothing.

Poor effort all around. HUGE fail by the coaching staff. Terrible play calling at too many times.

The season is effectively over as far as playoffs.

I've been in Carthel's corner since he was hired. Don't know that I can continue to be there with the absolute poor effort tonight and the perennial bad play calling by this OC.
SFASawmillGuy
Watch we're gonna blow out UCA and make this completely confusing.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Completely disagree with trying to put this on Maurer. Play calling is by the OC. Maurer has to run the plays they send.
Maurer's penalty was stupid but nothing he did tonight was the cause of this blunder.
Jyank24
We've had pretty good special teams play though. Quick is showing to be a great as always, and Campos 3/3
RedRiverLa
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Completely disagree with trying to put this on Maurer. Play calling is by the OC. Maurer has to run the plays they send.
Maurer's penalty was stupid but nothing he did tonight was the cause of this blunder.

I agree, this isn't on Mauer.
Lumberjack Battalion
Jyank24
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

He doesn't look through his progressions, doesnt make the easy throws, doesn't throw receivers open, first look is to run. Doesn't manipulate the pocket and he's had solid protection but constantly on the run…He can look great 60% of the time, then looks like he's lost

Weeks has had limited reps and I feel more at ease watching him drop back, and this is the same feeling had from end of last season
djsfw57
I'm reminded of Mary Ann Otwell, who had tremendous success at the junior college level. When she came to coach the Ladyjacks, the program just sank.

Being highly successful at one level doesn't mean success will come at a higher level.
Ljacks&Longnecks
No i don't agree that his first look is to run. Last year it was. He still needs to develop a better touch on some of his passes and does need to stop eyeing the receiver the whole way.
No way does tonight fall on him.
A team failure and a coaching staff dismemberment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.