WEEK 5: SAM HOUSTON STATE (BOTPW)

20,977 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PurpleOut
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think most of us knew it at the time. That play would have effectively ended the game. Doesn't change anything but I guess it's an honest screwing.
No-look
To error is human, to forgive is…not in the cards in this case Lol
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Here it is. Carthel did get a call yesterday.

Weak as water. Kind of like saying, "I'm sorry I ran over your dog. It was a mistake". Wasted words for sure.
SFA, Class of 1979
BigJack85
Complete waist of time. The sooner we move on, the better. Best ACU. Build a stronger program
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
sfajack05
SFAJack_76 said:

Here it is. Carthel did get a call yesterday.

That play shouldn't have mattered.

The game was lost way before that penalty when the offense couldn't do anything.

Offense was awful especially in the second half.

Had the ball 13 times on offense for the game. Had six Three and outs (five of them in the second half). Scored three points in the second half.

TallTexan
How is the game lost before that when the defense was also getting stops & we had the lead?

That's not to say any one play lost it, but that was a huge gamechanging call.
SFAXE93
I agree that we just don't know, but if that call was not made prison tech is looking at 4th and 9 on their 22.

So, do they go for it deep in their own territory with 2:00 remaining and 2 time outs?

If the kats punt, does SFA get the 1st downs to burn the 2 time outs and run out the clock, is there a turnover in the process?

If the kats go for it and don't get it, SFA has the ball around the 22 and pretty much 3 points (although nothing is guaranteed) and it's 19-10.

Again it's over, moving on.

TallTexan
I'll say this, I'm atleast glad that the WAC is committed to transparency & accountability.

Hopefully it carries over into improving basketball officiating.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

I won't hold my breath on that one. (But it's already better than the crappy officiating in the SLC.)
djsfw57
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

I won't hold my breath on that one. (But it's already better than the crappy officiating in the SLC.)
With all due respect, I believe "crappy officiating" is the greatest understatement since Noah said it looked cloudy.
PurpleOut
Staff
Jacks4460 said:

Why do my posts get taken down???? Friggin jokers whomever took them down... I was just responding to AXEm99 comments about our current coaching staff and such.. Is this board run by some Liberal dont want feeling hurt type of dude or dudette??
Your "posts" aren't being taken down. I am the one that deleted ONE of your posts. Everyone is pretty free to say what they want here compared to most message boards around the country. However, personal attacks aren't tolerated here. The same way we've deleted posts and banned users in the past from other fan bases and whomever else breaks that rule.

You know that. Nice one with the liberal comment though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.