WEEK 5: SAM HOUSTON STATE (BOTPW)

21,867 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buck that line!
KATatonic
MasterAxe said:

SFA is ranked 106 out of 123 FCS teams in rush defense.

If SHSU throws more than 10 passes, their coaching staff should be put on the next rocket and fired into the sun.
I agree. We have a couple of good RBs. Dez Jackson is a graduate transfer from Oklahoma State...big back. Zack Hrbacek is a RS Freshman from Troy, Texas...he is small and fast. Our defense is the strength of our team, but our best player, Markel Perry, is out for this game. I think it will be close.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Defense definitely took a lot of hits between portal, graduation and loss of half of coaching staff to La Tech.
That said I will at least wait until Sam breaks it's first 60 yard run before throwing in the towel.
Coaching staff has had 2 weeks since last real game to make changes or adjustments. Whether they did or not remains to be seen. Sam has not been lighting up the scoreboard at all yet this season but they had an off week to work on their game.

Hoping for a really good game since this could be the end of a very long rivalry. Unlike a couple of part time posters on here I think it's a shame for this logical rivalry to come to an end.....But I don't want to see SFA football move to FBS and become the next Texas St and average 3-4 wins a year at that level.
SFAXE93
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

But I don't want to see SFA football move to FBS and become the next Texas St and average 3-4 wins a year at that level.
THIS!
SFAXE93
BigJack85
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Defense definitely took a lot of hits between portal, graduation and loss of half of coaching staff to La Tech.
That said I will at least wait until Sam breaks it's first 60 yard run before throwing in the towel.
Coaching staff has had 2 weeks since last real game to make changes or adjustments. Whether they did or not remains to be seen. Sam has not been lighting up the scoreboard at all yet this season but they had an off week to work on their game.

Hoping for a really good game since this could be the end of a very long rivalry. Unlike a couple of part time posters on here I think it's a shame for this logical rivalry to come to an end.....But I don't want to see SFA football move to FBS and become the next Texas St and average 3-4 wins a year at that level.

What's the point of an FCS squad, that hasn't beaten a certain FCS squad in 10 years, signing up for more beatings. Till we move to FBS (if we do) I don't want to endure the yearly crushing I receive in Houston. It's awful. Disgusting. Ugh.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
StroKat
SFA averages that many wins at the FCS level
BigJack85
StroKat said:

SFA averages that many wins at the FCS level

Katfans is so slow they have to troll our site. We average 2X the attendanceโ€ฆ..
BigJack85
The Katfans brag machine is atrocious. If we played this game in Dallas where our alumni outnumber the bear kittens do you think they'd have 3,000 at the game. I heard that we had 8,000 or so for a game against SMU a few years ago.
SFASawmillGuy
Sam Houston has officially sold out their side.
SFAXE93
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

The Katfans brag machine is atrocious. If we played this game in Dallas where our alumni outnumber the bear kittens do you think they'd have 3,000 at the game. I heard that we had 8,000 or so for a game against SMU a few years ago.
Last year it was 60/40 iirc. Which makes sense, SFA is much more dispersed across the state. So it's something like 10k Jacks to 15-17k bearkats depending on year.

Which means that this game every year is more bearkats than have ever seen a game on their campus. They can't be made to drive 50 miles to watch a game, much less 100-200.

We should take a buy game with Sam at Bowers next year, just to show how piss poor their attendance really is. We'd have more Jacks than Kats at their home stadium.
AxeEm99
Lets STOP the yearly "battle" for good after this year and MOVE ON!!
All the Kat fans who troll our page can finally move on as well!!
Thank God it ends this year!!
TallTexan
I just want to go out with a win. It seems unlikely or 30/70 at best considering the regression this year, but man, I want to end the streak.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

I just want to go out with a win. It seems unlikely or 30/70 at best considering the regression this year, but man, I want to end the streak.

I wouldn't say unlikely. Sam's offense has looked absolutely awful so far, not scoring a single touchdown until they played transitioning Commerce. They do have a decent running game which I'm sure will give us fits but if our defense has fixed holes even a little I think we can keep them from moving the ball at will.
Offensively we need to protect Trae Self. If he can stay upright and he has confidence he can go off.
I think it's still a very evenly matched contest on paper.
TallTexan
SFASawmillGuy said:

TallTexan said:

I wouldn't say unlikely. Sam's offense has looked absolutely awful so far, not scoring a single touchdown until they played transitioning Commerce. They do have a decent running game which I'm sure will give us fits but if our defense has fixed holes even a little I think we can keep them from moving the ball at will.
Offensively we need to protect Trae Self. If he can stay upright and he has confidence he can go off.
I think it's still a very evenly matched contest on paper.
I hope we've been working on a Texas Tech style gameplan. Just haymaker after haymaker to see if we can fix 12 years of wrongs.

The past two weeks should have given us time to correct some of the issues, & rivalry games are always a wild card.

I think we could do it, but I'm still trying to convince myself.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
Ljacks&Longnecks
New helmets look good. Let's break them in with a win tomorrow!
KATatonic
AxeEm99 said:

Lets STOP the yearly "battle" for good after this year and MOVE ON!!
All the Kat fans who troll our page can finally move on as well!!
Thank God it ends this year!!
I come here as a fan of football and a fan of a great rivalry. If you consider me a troll then that is on you. I have never trolled this forum. Sure, there are some that do that because they have nothing better to do. My posts are always in good faith and are meant to bring interest and dialogue to the game. I hate that any engagement by Bearkats is perceived as trolling. Maybe our new CUSA mates will banter back and forth in good fun.

Adios. Good luck to you guys.
Pilotgirl
Safe travels all who are attending! I'll see ya there
TallTexan
It's gameday ladies & gentlemen.

We need to pull out all the stops for this one. Put on your lucky socks & your lucky underwear. Light the candles on your Jeremy Moses shrine. Put that rabbit's foot in your pocket & say a prayer to the patron saint of Lumberjacks, Thomas Walkup.

Let's go beat the Kats.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

It's gameday ladies & gentlemen.

We need to pull out all the stops for this one. Put on your lucky socks & your lucky underwear. Light the candles on your Jeremy Moses shrine. Put that rabbit's foot in your pocket & say a prayer to the patron saint of Lumberjacks, Thomas Walkup.

Let's go beat the Kats.

I've done all the above and more
KirkHeath12
Convicts favored by 6.5.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
Pilotgirl

We still have some spots in our suite! Food and drink...I'll give ya a good deal
SFA Jack Fanatic
The Texas State University system just posted a big ad on the scoreboard saying to SFA "Let's Stay Connected". ROFL!
SFASawmillGuy
Let's get it! Axe The Kats!
KirkHeath12
Beer in hand ready to go!
Class of 2012
Axe Em
SFASawmillGuy
Maurer was certainly about to throw on that last play.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.