WAC Hoops 2021-2022

23,937 Views | 219 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PurpleOut
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GCU/NMSU tomorrow. Sam still can't win a conference tournament with Hooten.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

GCU/NMSU tomorrow. Sam still can't win a conference tournament with Hooten.
And it kept them from having a 20-win season. Poor things.
jboy93
Is WAC Vegas bothering anyone else?!? Just doesn't sound good. Now, let's GO JACKS!
djsfw57
jboy93 said:

Is WAC Vegas bothering anyone else?!? Just doesn't sound good. Now, let's GO JACKS!
I think it's ridiculous.
SFA88
It's dumb. GCU marketing has been calling it Lopes Vegas which is also dumb. How about they all knock it off.
SFA Jack Fanatic
It's being reported that ACU's women's team will not participate in any postseason tournament due to "players' exhaustion".
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

It's being reported that ACU's women's team will not participate in any postseason tournament due to "players' exhaustion".

What?! Lol what player doesn't want to extend their season?!
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

If it's something like the CIT or CBI and whatever else we have now...that's not an uncommon thought.

I don't disagree, but there's a lot of reasons why teams (both Men's and Women's) turn down invites to those 3rd and 4th tier tournaments.

I would be pretty surprised to see our Men take an invite to any of them, unless we are guaranteed a home game.
nacluth
Yep. We'll get an invite but I would be mildly surprised if we go too. Sam did about 3 years ago and made a final. I wish we could do that. But then again, there was that Idaho game…
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

If it's something like the CIT or CBI and whatever else we have now...that's not an uncommon thought.

I don't disagree, but there's a lot of reasons why teams (both Men's and Women's) turn down invites to those 3rd and 4th tier tournaments.

I would be pretty surprised to see our Men take an invite to any of them, unless we are guaranteed a home game.

I imagine we get a home game. The WAC is significantly more attractive than the SLC. Actually would be fun to face off against a SE Louisiana?
TallTexan
ACU vs NMSU for the men's final.

I don't think ACU will have the legs, but we'll see*.

*I'll see Sunday morning bc I ain't staying up that late.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Yep. We'll get an invite but I would be mildly surprised if we go too. Sam did about 3 years ago and made a final. I wish we could do that. But then again, there was that Idaho game…
Yeah, that Idaho game in a little practice gym was a real bummer.
nacluth
Happy for Coach Tanner. He's 3-0 in postseason play and running a good program.

No-look
nacluth said:

when will we know if we're playing?
nacluth
Despite most people saying that UCONN is a flawed team, I have seen no one pick NMSU as a 5/12 upset. Every other 12 seed yes, the Aggies no. I guess being winless in your last 10 appearances has something to do with it.
djsfw57
nacluth said:

Despite most people saying that UCONN is a flawed team, I have seen no one pick NMSU as a 5/12 upset. Every other 12 seed yes, the Aggies no. I guess being winless in your last 10 appearances has something to do with it.
I have to admit I laughed out loud when I read this, mostly because I know if you posted that on the WAC BBS board, some of those people's heads would explode. LOL
TallTexan
djsfw57 said:

nacluth said:

I have to admit I laughed out loud when I read this, mostly because I know if you posted that on the WAC BBS board, some of those people's heads would explode. LOL
They're over there swearing right now that the 12 seed is bc of their OOC alone & that no other WAC team would get a 12. Ya I'm sure adding SFA & ACU, who've both won games in these athlete's lifetimes, had nothing to do with it.

Densest fanbase in the WAC.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

djsfw57 said:

nacluth said:

They're over there swearing right now that the 12 seed is bc of their OOC alone & that no other WAC team would get a 12. Ya I'm sure adding SFA & ACU, who've both won games in these athlete's lifetimes, had nothing to do with it.

Densest fanbase in the WAC.
I read that idiot say no other WAC team would get a 12. Those guys think they are the only ones who can ball. It's laughable.
SFA Jack Fanatic
New Mexico State will no renew the contract of WBB Head Coach Brooke Atkinson. Finishing near the basement of the WAC and losing in the 1st round of the WAC tournament as a 10th seed will do that to a coach.
nacluth
New Mexico (yes the New Mexico we beat in Katy) just cleaned Grand Canyon's clock in the WNIT.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

New Mexico (yes the New Mexico we beat in Katy) just cleaned Grand Canyon's clock in the WNIT.

Ummmm for real?!
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Ummmm for real?!

Did they even have a coach at that point?
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Ummmm for real?!
92-72. UNM was up 52-29 at the half.
Pilotgirl
Wow!
SFAJack_76
CBU women lose at home to San Diego 76-67.

WAC WBB is several steps behind WAC MBB. Meaningful upgrade from the SLC, but not where we want it to be.
nacluth
Anyone think NMSU makes the Sweet 16? I really expected Vermont to top Arkansas but the Razorbacks edged it out.
PurpleOut
Staff
NMSU goes as Teddy goes. If he plays well they can definitely beat Arkansas.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Would not mind some more units for the WAC to split. Right now we'll be at about 45k per team for the next 6 years. Each additional win is worth about 23k per team.
Pilotgirl
And WBB gets nothing. Ridiculous.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

And WBB gets nothing. Ridiculous.
Yup.

Need big reforms on the women's side bc that one should atleast clear some money.

And I bet sponsors would throw in cash for women's teams at the least.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Would not mind some more units for the WAC to split. Right now we'll be at about 45k per team for the next 6 years. Each additional win is worth about 23k per team.

Those powerhouse MBB programs at Lamar, UTRGV, and UIW will really appreciate that.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Those powerhouse MBB programs at Lamar, UTRGV, and UIW will really appreciate that.
Maybe UIW can pay their fans to come.
PurpleOut
Staff
Fardaws Aimaq entered the portal today. Can definitely pick where he wants to play more than likely.
nacluth
ACU is probably going to win the CBI. They look like they want it. Good for them.
SFAXE93

and sam had 19 wins and CBU 18.

We are definitely not in the SLC anymore.

TEXAS A&M CC 23-12
NICHOLLS 21-12
SOUTHEASTERN 19-15
NEW ORLEANS 18-14
HBU 11-18
MCNEESE 11-22
NORTHWESTERN STATE 9-23
UIW 7-25 (Future WAC cellar dweller)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.