WAC Hoops 2021-2022

23,940 Views | 219 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PurpleOut
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sfa17
Utah Valley beats #12 BYU

nacluth
UVU has been killing it this year.
PurpleOut
Staff
Agreed.

And crowd/atmosphere wise...we've gone from the best in the league to now the middle of the league.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Agreed.

And crowd/atmosphere wise...we've gone from the best in the league to now the middle of the league.

Part of why we left the SLC. Now, we need to step up.
No-look
GCU wins by three, against a team (UTSA) that the CC Islanders beat by 19.
sfa17
SFAXE93
nacluth
I mean I went to school on a math scholarship, so someone will have to explain how the averages of three averages will be different than the averages of all the teams if the same numbers are used.

He says that the middle set could be four or five, so it could be potentially in equally weighted with 4 teams, but this doesn't say much except "use my rankings."
TallTexan
Just tells you if the strength of the top, middle, and bottom half of the conference.

Not entirely useful, but was interesting to see the Top 5 teams in the WAC looking strong.
nacluth
Chicago State is trying to ruin GCU's WAC opener. They look decent right now.
nacluth
And if anyone wants to check it out, GCU has a full pro level broadcast team including a sideline reporter. It's impressive.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

And if anyone wants to check it out, GCU has a full pro level broadcast team including a sideline reporter. It's impressive.
$$$$
No-look
nacluth said:

True. We could learn from them. Their whole program is impressive
nacluth
Seattle beat Utah Valley and Dixie St. beat Cal Baptist. This could be a wild WAC year.
nacluth
GCU smushed ACU for their third loss in a row. NMSU handled Tarleton. Sam cruised by Lamar.

It's going to be a tough week next week. Really need to go 2-2 to just tread water. 3 or 4 wins may change the season.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

$$$$
I'm willing to buy this to some extents but I don't think Tarleton has more money than us and they've got instant replay capabilities that we don't.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Seattle beat Utah Valley and Dixie St. beat Cal Baptist. This could be a wild WAC year.
Didn't some WAC know-it-alls pick UVU to win the championship this year? They're 2-2.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

GCU smushed ACU for their third loss in a row. NMSU handled Tarleton. Sam cruised by Lamar.

It's going to be a tough week next week. Really need to go 2-2 to just tread water. 3 or 4 wins may change the season.

Are you turning pessimistic on us, Ryan? Three of those are in the friendly confines of WRJ. And ACU was overrated from the get-go. Never should have had a NET rating of 60, or whatever it was.
nacluth
TallTexan said:

I'm willing to buy this to some extents but I don't think Tarleton has more money than us and they've got instant replay capabilities that we don't.
Tarleton definitely has more money than us. Their growth percentage is off the chart compared with us.
nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Are you turning pessimistic on us, Ryan? Three of those are in the friendly confines of WRJ.
Some sites have us favored to win all four. I have watched every team. I think we can beat all four when we play well. Four games in a row? I haven't seen that from us. I have from GCU and NMSU unfortunately.

I know we can win, and I think if we do then our team will know they can.
SFAXE93

We need Nichols to make a NFL roster and have two SFA DL men playing, just overall get more SFA players in the NFL and remain.

Great for them playing on, making good money, and great for SFA football recruiting.
sfa17
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

$$$$
ACU's broadcast was also better then ours
TallTexan
nacluth said:

TallTexan said:

Tarleton definitely has more money than us. Their growth percentage is off the chart compared with us.
They do on the school side. They've really nailed down the growth formula.

But on Athletics? 3 years ago they were spending 8 mil a year. I'd be surprised if they've caught up with us and Sam on Athletic budget already.
nacluth
Tarleton was crushed by GCU and NMSU cruised by ACU.

Tarleton made 0 threes while GCU made 12. ACU hit 5. Neither team forced turnovers. If SFA can't hit threes or force turnovers, they will be long games.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

TallTexan said:

They do on the school side. They've really nailed down the growth formula.

But on Athletics? 3 years ago they were spending 8 mil a year. I'd be surprised if they've caught up with us and Sam on Athletic budget already.

Tall,

I believe you are correct. There transitional budget was in the realm of $14 million. Via d1360.

They (Tarleton) have some major donors coalescing around football. Long-term Tarleton is our biggest threat for WAC dominance IMHO. We need a Loddie Naymola for football. And soon. LOL.
MarkyMark622

UTA to the WAC
TallTexan
MarkyMark622 said:

UTA to the WAC
UTA isn't the power it once was but nice to have 2 large state schools in our league.

And I think the DFW lumberjacks will enjoy having a local game for basketball.
sfa17
TallTexan said:

MarkyMark622 said:

UTA to the WAC

regularly going to a SFA v UTA game 30 to 40 minutes from my home sounds great
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

TallTexan said:

MarkyMark622 said:

UTA to the WAC

Then we can count on you supporting baseball, softball, volleyball, tennis, and WBB!
SFAXE93
Conference (Rating)

#1 Big-12 (+18.14)

#7 MWC (+7.82)
#8 AAC (+7.32)
#9 WCC (+6.36)
#10 Atlantic (+4.24)
#11 MVC (+4.14)
#12 CUSA (-0.17)
#13 Southern (-0.66)
#14 CAA (-2.32)
#15 WAC (-2.34)
#16 Sun Belt (-2.46)
#17 Ivy (-3.07)
#18 Big West (-3.15)
#19 Mid=American (-3.18)
#20 MAAC (-3.73)
#21 ASUN (-5.82)
#22 Summit (-5.99)
#23 Big Sky (-6.14)
#24 Horizon (-7.10)

#30 Southland (-13.16)
SFAXE93
Team (avg attendance)
GCU (6,309)
NMSU (4,738)
CBU (2,796)
UVU (2,128)
Lamar (2,078)
SFA (1,770)
DSU (1,628)
Tarleton (1,430)
UTRGV (1,132)
SU (955)
ACU (682)
SHSU (540)
CSU (295)

Team/Capacity/Avg.

SU 999 (96%)
GCU 7,000 (90%)
CBU 5,050 (55%)
TARLETON 3,000 (48%)
NMST 12,482 (38%)
DIXIE ST 5,000 (33%)
UVU 5,000 (25%)
SFA 7,203 (25%)
LAMAR 10,080 (21%)
UTRGV 7,700 (15%)
ACU 4,600 (15%)
SHSU 6,100 (9%)
CSU 7,000 (4%)
TallTexan
No way on earth that I believe Lamar is counting actual entry.
sfa17
SFAJack_76 said:

sfa17 said:

TallTexan said:

MarkyMark622 said:

UTA to the WAC

Then we can count on you supporting baseball, softball, volleyball, tennis, and WBB!
yes of course
SFAXE93
Seattle goes down for their first WAC loss of the season at GCU 66-78.

https://www.wacsports.com/sports/mbkb/2021-22/standings21

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.