2021-2022 NCAA Basketball

25,168 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The move to the WAC was the right move. It's not just about basketball! All of our sports have to upgrade to compete in the WAC vs the SLC. Staying in a crap conference so you can dominate it is no way to achieve the vision of being the leading mid major program in the country.
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

The move to the WAC was the right move. It's not just about basketball! All of our sports have to upgrade to compete in the WAC vs the SLC. Staying in a crap conference so you can dominate it is no way to achieve the vision of being the leading mid major program in the country.
Standing ovation
nacluth
I don't think anyone here disagrees that it was the right move. Basketball just happens to be the real first sport to benefit (albeit in a way where the Lumberjacks don't make the NCAA's this year).

However while it may make all sports better, it was sold as a football move. It remains to be seen whether it actually works out for them.
TallTexan
There is something to be said for the Gonzaga approach, or the Texas Southern Approach, but you've got to win games.

That said, we've got the best practice facility in the WAC that I've seen, one of the best coaches, & the best winning tradition.

This place can be ours and perhaps if we're lucky, a 10-12 seed on the good years.

I do also like that the WAC has more sports(let's see swimming and men's soccer), and better crowds to compete against.

Staying would have been a risk. So was leaving. I hope we get back to winning with our golden ticket and it pays off big time, because the cieling is higher in the WAC.

TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

I was originally a big proponent of staying in the southland for that very reason. Nothing is guaranteed, but the pathway to the NCAA would have been far easier.

And the WAC is decently bottom heavy, which kinda sucks.

That said, I'm not sure that the WAC was the wrong decision. We came in day 1 and were the class of the WAC. We don't play 8 games in 20ish days and I think we snag 1 more win and win the whole dang thing.

I think long term, this could work out for us. Better top end competition, better aligned schools, more ability to recruit & win OOC. Only time will tell.

I'm convinced it was the right move. Lamar is going to get better. They just can't be this bad for soooooo long. I think UVU has all the pieces to be a consistent top 100 NET team. We should settle in around 18. Still MILES ahead of the SLC
Biggest thing is, conference has to work as a team to make this the best thing possible for everyone. Coordinating on OOC scheduling, crowd environment, etc.

Every little detail needs to be handled from a top down approach like the SEC does. You want to maximize the conference it's about selling the vision and executing on it.
jboy93
How are the Jackrabbits a 13 seed?
nacluth
jboy93 said:

They beat us, George Mason, and Washington State. But they are in a crap conference. Their NET ranking stayed high. But you're not wrong, NMSU should definitely been a 13 and they should have been a 12.

This is the main complaint I see from others about the bracketing. The NCAA says they developed their NET rankings to be the main evaluator for selection. After NET then they use other criteria. However, NET is all over the place on seeding lines. Most people feel like it's just the panel's eye test. It feels extremely subjective.
jboy93
nacluth said:

jboy93 said:

They beat us, George Mason, and Washington State. But they are in a crap conference. Their NET ranking stayed high. But you're not wrong, NMSU should definitely been a 13 and they should have been a 12.

This is the main complaint I see from others about the bracketing. The NCAA says they developed their NET rankings to be the main evaluator for selection. After NET then they use other criteria. However, NET is all over the place on seeding lines. Most people feel like it's just the panel's eye test. It feels extremely subjective.
I'm picking them to win first round for sure! Team shoots 45% from 3!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Watching the First Four women's game between UIW and Howard is like watching high school-level basketball. Both are terrible.
nacluth
Notre Dame wins with a putback before the buzzer. I could have gone longer before reading that headline.
No-look
nacluth said:

Notre Dame wins with a putback before the buzzer. I could have gone longer before reading that headline.
like knocking the scab off a sore that's trying to heal
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

SDSU put up a good fight but Providence escaped. SDSU averaged 87 ppg but only got 57 today.
nacluth
I went 2-2 through the first two picks which is officially the longest I've kept a clean sheet in 20 years.

Edit 4-4! Go Richmond!
nacluth
Just putting this here to show that at one time (before my big Vermont upset pick) I was leading the WAC Hoops field.

BigJack85
nacluth said:

Just putting this here to show that at one time (before my big Vermont upset pick) I was leading the WAC Hoops field.

Very good. Making the folks of Nacogdoches proud.
nacluth
How in the world is UCONN losing by 10 with 22 points and only have 3 turnovers?
nacluth
NMSU just fed Allen in the second half and the Huskies only have one person who will shoot. Allen having a night leading the Aggies to their first win in 25 years.
nacluth
Well there went my perfect bracket.
nacluth
Saint Peter's
jboy93
Down goes Kentucky! How sweet it is!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Tens of tousands of brackets just busted!
jboy93
Daimion Collins never sees the floor for KU. Needs to come on back to Texas and suit up for the Jacks!
SFA Jack Fanatic
St. Peter's $1.57 M budget

Kentucky $18.3 M budget
TallTexan
nacluth said:

NMSU just fed Allen in the second half and the Huskies only have one person who will shoot. Allen having a night leading the Aggies to their first win in 25 years.
Will be glad to have that NMSU tourney money for the Wac for the next 6 years.
PurpleOut
Staff
Florida just hired Todd Golden from San Francisco.

Wonder what happens to Eric Pastrana at UF now.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BU and Illinois survives. They were outplayed by the Mocs for virtually the whole game. Led for only the last 30 seconds.

If UH wins tonight I think they'll beat Illinois.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BU and Illinois survives. They were outplayed by the Mocs for virtually the whole game. Led for only the last 30 seconds.

If UH wins tonight I think they'll beat Illinois.
Illinois looked out of sorts. Better pick it up or they will be watching the rest of the tourney
nacluth
Baylor going to OT with UNC after being down 25 with under 12 to go.
nacluth
This NMSU game is hard to watch.
SFA Jack Fanatic
It's official. There are now NO unbusted brackets left in the entire US of A.
nacluth
No one had St. Peter's to the Sweet 16?
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

No one had St. Peter's to the Sweet 16?
TallTexan
Jans to Miss State.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Brad Underwood has been much more animated in these two Big Dance games than I ever saw him be at SFA.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Brad Underwood has been much more animated in these two Big Dance games than I ever saw him be at SFA.
Is it wrong that I don't want him to win!?!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.