2021-2022 NCAA Basketball

25,161 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks4460 said:

Doesn't surprise me at all Wade is a loose cannon and I was glad he went bye bye..

Lol Well, you must be all alone in that camp. Mason is a great recruiter and coach. Any team is lucky to have him.
SFA Jack Fanatic
NCAA history was made today. For the first time ever, all 6 of the top-ranked teams in the country lost in the same day.

#1 Gonzaga L
#2 Arizona L
#3 Auburn L
#4 Purdue L
#5 Kansas L
#6 Kentucky L
SFAJack_76
Hate that Mason got into this mess.
SFA Jack Fanatic
For the first time, USAToday Sports has compiled a comprehensive survey of college women's basketball coaches' compensation. 11 coaches are making at least $1 million, with 3 above $2.6 million - Geno Auriemma, Dawn Staley, and Kim Mulkey.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

For the first time, USAToday Sports has compiled a comprehensive survey of college women's basketball coaches' compensation. 11 coaches are making at least $1 million, with 3 above $2.6 million - Geno Auriemma, Dawn Staley, and Kim Mulkey.
Link?
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Link?
Saw a snippet about it on Twitter this morning. It referenced a USA Today Sports story, requiring a subscription, which I don't have.
nacluth
About 4 years too late, but it finally happened.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33486250/will-wade-lsu-men-basketball-coach-sources-confirm
nacluth
A 7-7 TAMU-CC might win the Southland in about an hour. That is a champion to be proud of.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

A 7-7 TAMU-CC might win the Southland in about an hour. That is a champion to be proud of.

And they did.
Pilotgirl
And on the WBB side, UIW beat 1-seed HBU
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

And on the WBB side, UIW beat 1-seed HBU
Just when I think mediocrity can't get any worse, the SLC comes along and proves me wrong. Not one bit surprised. I am so glad we are out of that pitiful excuse for a conference.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

TAMCC actually has a decent team. They've won 23 games, including wins over UTSA and our very own powerhouses UTRGV and Lamar. They also had close losses to some tough competition, losing by 8 to Minnesota and 10 to Notre Dame, both on the road.. They'll be a 16 seed for sure, but they might just play a #1 seed pretty well. We shall see.
SFA Jack Fanatic
In what is probably the biggest upset on the women's side, Patriot League #8-seed Navy (9-20) hit a three as the clock expired to take down #1-seed Holy Cross (20-9) 50-49.
Pilotgirl
That sucks!
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

In what is probably the biggest upset on the women's side, Patriot League #8-seed Navy (9-20) hit a three as the clock expired to take down #1-seed Holy Cross (20-9) 50-49.
Go Navy! (My FIL was career Navy.)
nacluth
Another brutal article about Will Wade.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/03/13/will-wade-lsu-fired-athletics-program-absolute-embarrassment
No-look
That's some strong stuff.
TallTexan
Transfers from team's without a postseason are starting to flood the market.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

we just need a couple. 6'9" 245 lbs mobile, rim rattler, can hit the 10 ft jumper. Plays defense like a Tasmanian Devil.
PurpleOut
Staff
Jock Hughes back in the portal.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

we just need a couple. 6'9" 245 lbs mobile, rim rattler, can hit the 10 ft jumper. Plays defense like a Tasmanian Devil.
Have we considered stretching Day Hall out?
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

I think you just summarized Sama'Zha Hart.
sfa17
PurpleOut said:

I have yet to see someone transfer from SFA and move up. Always a downwards movement
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

I think you just summarized Sama'Zha Hart.

Haha.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfa17 said:

PurpleOut said:

I have yet to see someone transfer from SFA and move up. Always a downwards movement
TJ Holyfield I would count as upwards movement, maybe not statistically. But he played well for a good Texas Tech team.

Charlie Daniels really wanted to and went to Minnesota. He wanted to be a starter and not sure why he ended up going to Minnesota. They were pretty bad and he averaged only 11 minutes a game. He would have gotten better time here, and had a better chance to win. But...he wasn't going to start over Solomon.
nacluth
Just thought this was funny.

BigJack85
nacluth said:

Just thought this was funny.

I've got a good friend that still questions our move to the WAC…….
nacluth
I understand questioning it. Any doubt the guys would be in the tournament yet again?

It's hard to leave the place where you are top dog to go to a more competitive field. It's more fun, but there is a decent possibility that we don't make the tournament in the next five years. Not because we won't be good, just because things have to go your way.

If we stayed in the Southland after the others bolted (of course they wouldn't have if we hadn't), we could have had dominance for what? A decade?
BigJack85
nacluth said:

I understand questioning it. Any doubt the guys would be in the tournament yet again?

It's hard to leave the place where you are top dog to go to a more competitive field. It's more fun, but there is a decent possibility that we don't make the tournament in the next five years. Not because we won't be good, just because things have to go your way.

If we stayed in the Southland after the others bolted (of course they wouldn't have if we hadn't), we could have had dominance for what? A decade?

Ya. All true. A decade of domination. Almost for sure. A decade of 15 seeds. All we would have to do is lose 1 or 2 conference games and we would be a 16. Yuck
nacluth
We've been 15 once, 14 twice, 12 twice. It mainly comes down to nonconference like always. It will come down to nonconference for seeding in the WAC too.

Sure the quality in conference probably means if your champ that you won't be a 15 if you're top 4 before the tournament, but if ACU had won, they would have been looking at a 14 with a chance to slide to 15.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

We've been 15 once, 14 twice, 12 twice. It mainly comes down to nonconference like always. It will come down to nonconference for seeding in the WAC too.

Sure the quality in conference probably means if your champ that you won't be a 15 if you're top 4 before the tournament, but if ACU had won, they would have been looking at a 14 with a chance to slide to 15.

I don't disagree with you. Your odds to get a victory are almost 3 times by improving from a 15 seed to a 13. I think the WAC in future configuration will probably be a 13 on average, with the occasional outlier (a 11-12 on the high end and the off year 14-15 seed). Still tons better than the trajectory the SLC was heading. The yearly trips to HBU, Stopher Gym etc are not on my Magical Mystery Tour.
TallTexan
I was originally a big proponent of staying in the southland for that very reason. Nothing is guaranteed, but the pathway to the NCAA would have been far easier.

And the WAC is decently bottom heavy, which kinda sucks.

That said, I'm not sure that the WAC was the wrong decision. We came in day 1 and were the class of the WAC. We don't play 8 games in 20ish days and I think we snag 1 more win and win the whole dang thing.

I think long term, this could work out for us. Better top end competition, better aligned schools, more ability to recruit & win OOC. Only time will tell.
TallTexan
One thing to keep an eye on is the future of the WAC. I doubt Seattle and CBU are angling to be in a Texas centric conference, especially a football playing one. Not sure if they'll get opportunities to leave or not. Being a 12 team WAC with Texas, Arizona, Utah wouldn't be all that bad tbh.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

I was originally a big proponent of staying in the southland for that very reason. Nothing is guaranteed, but the pathway to the NCAA would have been far easier.

And the WAC is decently bottom heavy, which kinda sucks.

That said, I'm not sure that the WAC was the wrong decision. We came in day 1 and were the class of the WAC. We don't play 8 games in 20ish days and I think we snag 1 more win and win the whole dang thing.

I think long term, this could work out for us. Better top end competition, better aligned schools, more ability to recruit & win OOC. Only time will tell.

I'm convinced it was the right move. Lamar is going to get better. They just can't be this bad for soooooo long. I think UVU has all the pieces to be a consistent top 100 NET team. We should settle in around 18. Still MILES ahead of the SLC
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

One thing to keep an eye on is the future of the WAC. I doubt Seattle and CBU are angling to be in a Texas centric conference, especially a football playing one. Not sure if they'll get opportunities to leave or not. Being a 12 team WAC with Texas, Arizona, Utah wouldn't be all that bad tbh.

I agree 100%. 3 Utah schools 1 Arizona and maybe 1 Colorado school (UNC?). Idk. Sure seems stronger than the SLC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.