2021-2022 NCAA Basketball

25,165 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Kat1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GCU has all fall semester to get amped up because of no football
SFAJack_76
Baylor is really good. Making Nicholls look silly. 63-39 with 12 minutes to go. 3,500 elementary school students in attendance.
cboothe09
They also have paid student leaders for their student section and a much more sizable marketing budget...Perks of being a for profit university....
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Baylor is really good. Making Nicholls look silly. 63-39 with 12 minutes to go. 3,500 elementary school students in attendance.
Do we still do the elementary games anymore?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Do we still do the elementary games anymore?

Didn't last season for obvious reasons.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm watching Boise/St. Bonaventure.

The Bonnies, located in New York...have brought at least a couple thousand or so fans to this tournament game in Charleston, SC. They even have a good 20 or so students. For an afternoon game. On a Thursday.
sfa17
BU on Hot Ones
nacluth
Oh man. My father-in-law is a huge Hot Ones fan. He's going to flip.
nacluth
Everyone in our side of the Cancun Challenge bracket is taking care of the other side of the bracket except Illinois State is down against Bucknell at the half.
nacluth
Both teams have decided neither one really wants to win. Both teams had leads that should have been locks and they both blew it to go to OT.

nacluth
Saint Mary's is beating Oregon 23-15 AT THE HALF! That has to be a barn burner.
nacluth
Don't know if anyone caught Dayton beat Kansas on Friday. Dayton is about SFA good this year, but they pulled off the upset on a buzzer beating bounce.
jboy93
Tarleton plays Gonzaga tonight! After getting beat by Duke, this could be ugly!
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Tarleton plays Gonzaga tonight! After getting beat by Duke, this could be ugly!

They're already playing the Deguello in the Gonzaga gym.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Gonzaga leads Tarleton by ONE, 26-25 at halftime.You read that right. Tarleton is a steals machine.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Gonzaga wins 64-55. Tarleton is for real, ladies and gentlemen. Sure, they are now 1-6, but they have one of the hardest schedules in the country. They are not deep and they don't have a lot of height, but they hustle like crazy. Tonight they reminded me of the 2019 Jacks. Lots of steals and turnovers created.

Shamir Bogues is one of their best players. Name sound familiar? My understanding is that we never offered him coming out of high school.
SFAJack_76
It was posted on line that SFA was the first to offer Shamir.
SFAXE93
A Billy Gillispie coached team, enough said.
nacluth
Mizzou became the first SEC team to visit Liberty and got absolutely crushed. 35-14 at the half. Finished. 66-45.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Mizzou became the first SEC team to visit Liberty and got absolutely crushed. 35-14 at the half. Finished. 66-45.
Mizzou is probably the worst team in the SEC (and overall terrible P5 team), but regardless, Liberty is going to be very tough. I hope we're doing a little extra to prepare.
SFAJack_76
Kenpom through yesterday:

• Buffalo 83
  • Saint Louis 84
  • Liberty 118
  • SFA 144
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

• Buffalo 83
  • Saint Louis 84
  • Liberty 118
  • SFA 144

Looks good I think we get a bump with a victory over Liberty and a solid showing at Kansas. Assuming we beat ULM….. never easy.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

South Dakota St 76
  • Buffalo 83
  • Saint Louis 84
  • Liberty 118
  • SFA 144

I'll add SDSU.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic
With the loss of Roti Ware, SFA isn't the only Texas MBB team to lose key players for the year to injury. In the last ten days, UH has lost starting guard Tramon Mark for the season to a shoulder injury, and now has lost their leading scorer Marcus Sasser for the year to a bone fracture in his left foot. Sasser was averaging 17.7 ppg and was 6th in the country with 45 three pointers. Both Mark and Sasser will require surgery. Don't expect UH to get very far in the playoffs this year.

NCAA basketball is tough on the human body.
nacluth
So disappointing for them as UH could have been a potential contender.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The WAC has changed their Covid forfeiture protocols, and the previously-forfeited SFA MBB game with UTRGV and the SFA WBB game with Lamar will not be forfeits and will be played after all.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
This is actually NAIA news...

LSU-Alexandria, which SFA MBB had some trouble putting away this season, has not played a game since December 15 due to Covid and won't have one that hasn't already been cancelled until January 15. They are actively looking for anyone at any level who will play them.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

This is actually NAIA news...

LSU-Alexandria, which SFA MBB had some trouble putting away this season, has not played a game since December 15 due to Covid and won't have one that hasn't already been cancelled until January 15. They are actively looking for anyone at any level who will play them.
That's brutal.
nacluth
Unfortunate incident that jumped to the top of my news feed:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/basketball/2022/02/19/georgia-bulldogs-mens-basketball-what-know-wade-mason-brian-fish-tom-crean/6860463001/

Apparently Wade took offense at another assistants comments on a player and it got physical. Coach Mason is currently suspended with pay.
No-look
Sounds like coach Mason standing up for his players
Pilotgirl
No-look said:

Sounds like coach Mason standing up for his players

Yup...fans in Twitter say Fish has done thus multiple times (inappropriate comments toward players). I bet Wade had had enough of that.
Jacks4460
Doesn't surprise me at all Wade is a loose cannon and I was glad he went bye bye..
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Doesn't surprise me at all Wade is a loose cannon and I was glad he went bye bye..
Um, no.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.